Chapter 032 – Even Shizun have something he want to hide
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment they entered the Xia household, the first thing that Xia Yuanfeng did was call for a servant to escort Fei Yuxing to her room. Because they have already prepared to receive her, her room was long ready and only needed for her to move in. Lin Xiao and Long Yinlian on the other hand, were an unexpected guest. Xia Yuanfeng had to order the servants to clean the guest room quickly.

“While the servants are preparing for your room, how about we go for an afternoon tea?” Xia Yuanfeng suggested. “I think we also have some catching up to do…” he added as he gazed at Long Yinlian.

Lin Xiao who were staring at Xia Yuanfeng found that the gaze used to look at Long Yinlian was a bit too heated. ‘… Are you not a married man? Why are you looking at Shizun like that, ah!’ Lin Xiao thought as he moved to stand in front of Long Yinlian in a protective manner.

“Actually, martial uncle, we can just stay in a nearby inn. We don’t lack the money,” Lin Xiao said to Xia Yuanfeng.

“Nonsense! Since you are here, it is my responsibility to accommodate you. The inn’s bed is not comfortable, and the meal is not as good as the meal cooked by my chef. I cannot let Ah’Yin suffer such treatment,” Xia Yuanfeng immediately rejected Lin Xiao’s idea.

‘We lived together for a good two years in a cave. Shizun lived in that cave longer than I did. The inn’s bed and meal are already a luxury! What suffering are you talking about?!’

Lin Xiao just shook his head, not bothering to say more. If he really did tell Xia Yuanfeng how they lived these past years, it may cause them more trouble than needed. In the end, the two of them followed Xia Yuanfeng to his courtyard and sat under the pavilion.

The three tigers were a curious bunch. Their eyes seem to shine whenever they saw something new but because they are in a new territory, the tigers never stray far from Long Yinlian and Lin Xiao.

While three people sat together and enjoyed the tea, the three tigers simply lazed around in the courtyard.

Ah’Yin, can you tell me what happened that year?” Xia Yuanfeng began. “Elder Xiang said that you fell off the ravine while chasing the remaining rebels… we searched for you, but couldn’t find your trace,” Xia Yuanfeng said as he gripped on his teacup tightly.

Long Yinlian simply smiled and shook his head. “It is already in the past. I also don’t remember much of what happened that year,” Long Yinlian said as he rubbed the edge of his teacup.

Lin Xiao who noticed this can’t help but frown. He had lived with Long Yinlian for two years. He had seen how Long Yinlian developed a habit of rubbing the edge of his teacup whenever he wanted to avoid answering a certain topic. This was all because Lin Xiao kept on asking about Long Yinlian’s origin. At first, the older male just lied but as time goes by, Lin Xiao would know when Long Yinlian would lie so he chose to avoid the topic instead.

‘Shizun… it seems that there is something you wish to hide,’ Lin Xiao thought as he glanced at Xia Yuanfeng who only have worry in his eyes.

“If you remember anything, tell me. With your ability, I don’t believe that some rebels would be able to push you off. At that time, the Thunder Hawk was still new, there might be a traitor amongst them. Though some of the members then are retired, I still have some form of contact with them, so I know where they lived,” Xia Yuanfeng informed Long Yinlian. “If it is one of them, I promise you that I’ll make sure you get the justice you deserve.”

Hearing this, Long Yinlian could only sigh. The truth of that year, he naturally still remembers. Unfortunately, he can’t let Xia Yuanfeng knows. “How is your life so far, Feng-ge?” he asked, changing the topic.

“I…” Xia Yuanfeng felt choked after hearing the question. He bit his lips as he stared at Long Yinlian guiltily. Then, he looked down, staring at his teacup as he is unable to make himself face Long Yinlian. “After you disappeared, I spent a year looking for you, expending a lot of resources and men just for a trace of you. But alas, you couldn’t be found and… I was pressured by the family and end up marrying the woman of their choice.”

“En. It is a bit late, but congratulations on your marriage, Feng-ge. I heard you also have children now. Miss Fei is betrothed to your third son?”

“…” Xia Yuanfeng’s guilt turned worse and he lifts his hand to massage his forehead. “Wenyao is 13 this year… the two will tie a knot two years later. Fei Yuxing was sent here early so that the two can get used to being together and get to know each other better,” Xia Yuanfeng explained. “I have two other sons and a daughter. My eldest son is currently eighteen. He was born two years after you went missing. Then there is my daughter who is currently ten years old, and my youngest son who is only four.”

Lin Xiao had been silently observing the two interact and there is one thing that he is sure of. ‘This Xia Yuanfeng and Shizun have a past together… and since he is now married and have families, he’s feeling guilty because he felt he betrayed Shizun?’ he thought to himself. ‘I should bring Shizun back as soon as possible. Staying here will only brings in trouble. With how Shizun acts, it doesn’t seem like he wanted to go back to how they were in the past like Xia Yuanfeng wanted to.’

With that, Lin Xiao decided that they should leave the next day.

Just then, a servant came over and informed them that the guest courtyard has finished being cleaned up. Xia Yuanfeng dismissed the servant before he turned to his two guests. “Allow me to bring you to your room. Just leave the tea here. A servant will come and clean them up,” Xia Yuanfeng said as he stood up.

Lin Xiao and the rest followed Xia Yuanfeng to their temporary room. The room was considerably large and for Lin Xiao who only remembers living in a cave, this room was extremely luxurious.

“This will be your room from now on. I’ll leave you to settle down. Dinner will be ready at Xu Shi, a servant will call for you then,” Xia Yuanfeng informed them. “I will excuse myself now. I still have few guards to ‘train’,” he added before he left the place though Lin Xiao could see a hint of reluctance when he exits the door.

Shizun, are we really staying here?” Lin Xiao asked immediately after Xia Yuanfeng left. “This room is too spacious and are lavishly decorated. It is not like a guest room at all… it feels weird,” Lin Xiao added.

Long Yinlian only chuckled at Lin Xiao’s complaint. He lifts his hand and pats Lin Xiao on the head. “Only for a while, Xiao-er. Tomorrow, we’ll leave.”

After that, Long Yinlian asked Lin Xiao to help him take a seat to which, Lin Xiao led him to the daybed in the living room and helped him sit down. After that, Lin Xiao decided to look around the room in an attempt to ease up his restlessness.

Time passed by and Wang Zan could no longer stand with how Lin Xiao kept on moving in the room. It was to the point of making him feel dizzy just looking at Lin Xiao. In the end, Wang Zan let out a snort and tackled Lin Xiao down to the floor to keep the male from moving around endlessly.

1