Chapter 59 – A drunk Chen Ruo Yu
10.6k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liang Sisi leaned against the door and smiled.  “Where did Dr. Meng come from?  From your home to here, how much is your plane ticket?”

Meng Gu frowned, ignored her ridicule and squeezed sideways into the room.

On the sofa in the living room, Chen Ruo Yu was still holding the phone and talking endlessly.  Feeling helpless, Meng Gu hung up the phone.  Chen Ruo Yu yelled into the phone for a long time and then let out a shout before she cried again.  She raised her head and shouted towards Liang Sisi.  “He hung up my call.  He actually hung up on me again.  Sisi, I don’t want him anymore, can I?”

“No!”  The fierce voice made Chen Ruo Yu jumped with fright.

While sobbing, she looked at him…….why is there an extra person here?  He looks so much like Meng Gu!

Chen Ruo Yu looked down at her phone.  Just now, Meng Gu was obviously on the phone with her.  This man in front of her is also Meng Gu.  Her mind was not clear for a moment and asked foolishly.  “How many of you are there?”

Liang Sisi burst into laughter.  Meng Gu tightened his face and pulled Chen Ruo Yu up.  “Next time, don’t you dare drink again!”

Chen Ruo Yu came to her senses and pounced on Meng Gu, hanging to his body.  “Dr. Meng, that other Dr. Meng is no good.  He hung up on me and he ignored me.”

When she pounced on him, he staggered and nearly fell over.  At the side, Liang Sisi was still laughing doubling up her body and wiping her tears.  He tried to keep a straight face and hugged Chen Ruo Yu before fleeing into her room in embarrassment.

Just as they entered the bedroom, Chen Ruo Yu shouted.  “I want to go to the bed!  Carry me to the bed!”  Liang Sisi who was outside broke into loud laughter again.

Meng Gu unconsciously blushed, put Chen Ruo Yu on the bed and in a flash, quickly turned around to close the door to block out Liang Sisi’s laughter.  When he turned around, he saw Chen Ruo Yu had sat up on the bed holding her feet with a face full of satisfaction.

“I’m not wearing slippers.”  She said.

Meng Gu stared at her.  He stared and stared and finally, he sighed and went over to sit beside her.  She did not want to sit with him and kicked him but he did not move.  Then she rolled to the other side.

Meng Gu pulled her over and wanted to hug her.  She swatted his hands and pushed his hands away.

“Chen Ruo Yu, don’t make trouble.”

“Dr. Meng, don’t be thick-skinned.  I am angry with you.”

Meng Gu stared at her and she stared back at him.

After a while, Meng Gu admitted.  “Okay, I’m wrong…….I’m sorry.”

“What did you do wrong?”

“I was too petty.”

“Why were you petty?”

Meng Gu pretended he did not hear this.

Then Chen Ruo Yu asked him.  “Why were you petty for so long?”

“It hasn’t been too long.”  Meng Gu attempted to take back the power to lead the conversation.  “These past two weeks, I’ve also been very busy.  I’ve to participate in a research project, and I’ve to write a thesis, and I have to attend an exchange program……”

“Then it is enough for you to attend the exchange program, why do you still bother to come and look for me?  Also that thesis paper, why don’t you write the result of a research on Dr. Meng’s moodiness, his fluctuating cold, and hot temperament?”

Meng Gu was rendered speechless.  When his Chen Ruo Yu is drunk, her fighting power is really indescribable!

“Tell me, why did you ignore me?”

“I didn’t ignore you.”

She stared at him…….she stared and stared and eventually her tears flowed down again.  “If you are so unwilling, you should have ignored me.”

“Okay, I am wrong.”  He muttered.  He stretched out his hand and pulled her over to help her wipe her tears.

“During this period of time, I have been feeling very sad.  I wanted to talk to someone but the way you treated me, I feel even sadder.”

“I was wrong.”  Mr. Tyrannosaurus said in a low voice and while admitting his mistake, his attitude was good. 

“What did you do wrong?”

“I should not be so cold towards you when you called.  I should not be petty.”

“Then why were you petty?”

“I was angry with you for having dinner with a man.  You have put on makeup and you dressed so beautifully.  You don’t even dress so beautifully when you go out with me.  You also told me you were together with Liang Sisi, of course, I would be angry.”

Chen Ruo Yu was dumbfounded.  She blinked her eyes and looked at Meng Gu seriously.

“Why do you have this expression?”

“Looking at you to see whether you are my Mr. Tyrannosaurus and to make sure I’m not so drunk that I brought in the wrong person.”

Meng Gu poked her head.  “I can still tolerate it if you had just gone for dinner with another man but if you also dare to bring another strange man into your bedroom, I will deal with you.”

Chen Ruo Yu pulled down his hand.  “I don’t understand.”

“You had also given me a nickname?  What do you mean by Mr. Tyrannosaurus?”

“It is to praise you saying that you are very masculine.”  The dizzy Chen Ruo Yu flattered him.  Thinking about this, she felt she must show him she is righteous and not praise him too much.  “No, I’m wrong which means that you are unreasonable and bad-tempered like a dinosaur.  That is to say, I despise you and dislike you.”

“Anything else?”

“And you always attract rotten peach blossoms, Mr. Peach Blossom Forest.”

Meng Gu was surprised.  He actually still has another nickname?  “Chen Ruo Yu, you must usually have a lot of free time.”

“This tone is indeed you.  I’m not mistaken.  And with whom did I go out for dinner?”  Chen Rou Yu frowned and thought hard.  Suddenly she flew into Meng Gu’s arms.  “Dr. Meng, I have a headache.  Give me a massage.”

“Is it useful?”  Meng Gu snapped but he still reached his hand to help her casually massage. 

“Dr. Meng, I’m thirsty.  I want some water.”

Meng Gu stared at her for a long time and finally got up.  He opened the door and walked out with the intention to get her a glass of water.  As soon as the door opened, he heard the sounds of crying from Liang Sisi’s room.  He paused and felt the beginning of a headache.  He turned to look at Chen Ruo Yu and it seems she did not hear as she stared blankly at his back. 

Her silly soft eyes made Meng Gu halt his footsteps.  Unable to control himself, he came back inside and hugged her. 

Chen Ruo Yu also hugged him and after hugging for a while, the atmosphere was just right when suddenly Chen Ruo Yu asked.  “Dr. Meng, how good is your vision?”

“What?”

“I still can’t remember the man that I went out for dinner with.  Could you be mistaken?”

“No.”  Meng Gu frowned.  It seems things were a bit strange.

“In which restaurant did you see me?”

“Downstairs at your house.”

“When?”

“It was that day you said you had a dinner date with Liang Sisi and can’t have dinner with me.  I saw the time was just right and I came over specially to look for you.  As a result, I saw you coming back with a man, laughing and talking with him.  Was that Zhou Zhe?  After he had sent you, he went into the building at the back.”

Chen Ruo Yu gaped in surprise.  “You were cold to me because of that?!”

“You lied to me and said you were going out to have dinner with Liang Sisi.  Of course, I was angry.  I called you and asked where you were and you also said you were coming back with Liang Sisi after dinner.”

Chen Ruo Yu continued being foolish with her mouth opened.

Meng Gu added.  “At that time, I was really angry.”

“Oh.”  Chen Ruo Yu did not know what to say or it was she did not want to say anything.

With her like this, Meng Gu began to feel guilty.  He coughed slightly and said.  “But the next day, my anger had subsided.  I thought that if you talk to me, coaxed me a bit and I will listen to your explanation.  But you didn’t mention it at all and every time you call, you sounded weird.”

“Oh.”  Chen Ruo Yu nodded and did not give any other response.

Acting like this, she made it difficult for Meng Gu to understand her.  He coughed again and felt even more guilty.  “I….today, I’m done with my work and I’m on leave for the next two days, so I wanted to see you.  These few days you also didn’t look for me…….”  In fact, he also knew that his attitude was not good and she had reason to feel less eager to see him.  He would panic once she treats him coldly.  “I drove to your district entrance and waited for a while.  I was thinking about how to talk to you when you called me.”

“Oh.”  Chen Ruo Yu answered weakly.

Wei……”  Meng Gu bent over and met her eyes.  “I’ve already admitted I’m in the wrong and I’m narrow-minded.  That…..I hope you won’t throw a tantrum and make this awkward.  I promise that I will not be so petty in the future.  If I have any uncomfortable feelings, I will tell you directly, is that okay?”

Chen Ruo Yu stared at him.  She stared and stared and suddenly she said.  “Dr. Meng, I’m thirsty.”

Meng Gu frowned.  After thinking for a while, he went out to pour her a glass of water.  When he came back with the water, he found the door locked.

“Chen Ruo Yu.”  He knocked on the door.  The door did not open but Chen Ruo Yu said behind the door.  “Dr. Meng, not only you can be angry.  I’m also very angry now!”

Making a drunken Chen Ruo Yu angry will also have serious consequences.

18