Chapter 62 – Meng Gu’s POV (3)
10.9k 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Gu thinks that men and women are very different.

Just like him and Chen Ruo Yu.  That woman was so crazy that she could call him in the middle of the night to harass him.  He did not intend to waste serious time and energy to dispute with her.  After all, being a doctor is very busy and being a man is not idle.  He has so many things to take care of and should not waste his time making a fuss over this with the woman.

Of course, not taking the initiative to waste time to make a fuss and her coming to him to make a fuss were two different issues.  Because Chen Ruo Yu was really sent right up to his doorstep to let him catch her.

She had a client who was injured and she had come to the hospital to visit the client.  Coincidentally, he was able to corner her in the pantry.  

Once again, Chen Ruo Yu could prove how different she was.  She did not only used an odd way when she pursued a man but occasionally she would also use an odd way to provoke him and she even used an odd way to argue and quarrel with him.

She actually said to him.  "Dr. Meng's meaning is that a man's body can be casually teased, right?  This is an immoral principle.  What is so great about a man?  Do men only have dignity and women don’t?  Does Dr. Meng regard himself highly and other people as insignificant?  Do not do unto others, what you do not like done to yourself.  Had Dr. Meng studied this before?  You should understand the meaning.  I made a mistake and I dare to apologize, does Dr. Meng dare?  Why is men's dignity more important than women's?  Let me tell you, a woman's dignity is the same as a man's*****.  Weakness can only be painful and hardness can bring pride."

Meng Gu was stunned.  Obviously, she was the one who had done wrong, right?  How could she be feeling righteous and indignant?  Wait a minute, what did she just say?

*****??

Finally, Meng Gu responded by bursting into laughter.  He really could not control himself and laugh out loudly.

What kind of a woman would say such words?

Vulgar, ill-mannered, really funny……but, she was also vivid and made sense.

Meng Gu continued to laugh and saw her blushed.  Her face showed an expression of regret and embarrassment, looked ill at ease and awkward.

Chen Ruo Yu, ah……Chen Ruo Yu,……it’s true that wherever you go, embarrassment follows.

Why did she, this kind of woman, slander him in front of other people?

Did she hate him because he rejected her?  But she did not look like someone who would do that.

Meng Gu admitted that he was not good at judging people but he really could not understand Chen Ruo Yu.

Now, he is really curious about her.

 

Sometimes, things happen in strange ways.  He and Chen Ruo Yu seemingly should not have any further interactions but they were still able to meet under various strange circumstances……. because she was hospitalized and became his patient.

She was hospitalized due to her courageous personality which resulted in her being injured after getting beaten up.  The reason for her being injured was even more outrageous.  She had helped her client to seek compensation and according to the report, she was beaten up by the person who was the guilty party in a car accident.  The incident alerted the police, the insurance company and also the client she wanted to help.  This incident blew up to such an extent that even the doctors and nurses knew about it. 

A nurse even said that she had never seen anyone selling insurance ending up like her.  As Meng Gu listened to the nurse, he looked at Chen Ruo Yu who was injured all over her body and felt that he was unable to understand her.

When Chen Ruo Yu was admitted into the hospital, she was in a bad condition.  The two men had really beaten her up ruthlessly. 

Meng Gu felt very angry.  He loathed scums who manhandle women but he was even angrier with Chen Ruo Yu who did not know her own capabilities and was brainless.  In such matters as the collection of evidence in insurance cases, it was not her duty to do it personally.

Now that she had ended up like this, he really wanted to give her a scolding but he did not scold her because she could not hear.  On the first day of admission into the hospital, she was drowsy, and even if he had scolded her, it would have been useless.  Initially, he wanted to contact Gao Yu Lan, but he was worried that Chen Ruo Yu did not want to trouble her friend, so he did not tell anyone based on their friendship or it should be said based on Yin Ze and Gao Yu Lan’s face.  Meng Gu took extra care of her.  He took over the duties of the doctor-in-charge and personally looked into her condition.

She had talked throughout the night.  She called him ‘Mongolian doctor’.  He felt she must be in a confused state since her words were all muddled up.  It took him a lot of effort to understand clearly what she was saying.

She held his hands and apologized.  She said she really did not know why she said those words to her blind-date.  She also said that she must have been was angry with him.  If he did not like her, it did not matter but he had told all the nurses that she was not good and he had also discarded the gifts she gave him.  She felt very sad.

Suddenly Meng Gu realized.

But he had never spoken to anyone about what he thought of her and it was even more impossible for him to gossip with the nurses.  The things she sent were given the same treatment as gifts from other people, and those gifts were shared among his colleagues. 

He did not have any intention to pick on her.  He thought that she had stopped coming because she had thought this through and did not expect the reason to be that.

“Chen Ruo Yu.”  He called her.

She opened her eyes and looked at him.  She looked and looked and then suddenly said.  “Don’t be noisy!”

Noisy?  From beginning to end, she was the one who was talking.  Who is actually noisy?  She was also squeezing his hand very hard but he did not complain and she was acting arrogantly.

He sighed and wanted to pull back his hand.  He wanted to tell her not to think so much and have a good sleep.  Since she had taken her medicine, and have had an injection for her fever, she would feel more comfortable if she went to sleep.

But she still continued to say.  “Mom, what is so shameful?  Our family is like this.  Who do you want to compare with?  It’s not others who are looking down on us, but it’s us who have low self-esteem.  The more you take offense, the more people want to watch your discomfort, the more people watch your discomfort, the more you’ll feel that others are comparing us with them and you’ll make yourself feel embarrassed.  This is all due to our own thoughts.  In fact, every family has their own issues and who will have leisure time to care about the matters regarding your daughter and how much she earns?  Mom, I’m working very hard. It’s the truth.  Don’t be angry.”

 “You made yourself feel embarrassed.”  He did not expect she would say such a thing.

Meng Gu was stunned.

That year, he had also said those similar words to Qi Yao.  He had told her that if she felt other people looked down on her, it was not because people were actually looking down on her but because she had low self-esteem.

When Qi Yao heard that, she became very angry and had a big fight with him.  That time, they had quarreled every day.  Qi Yao felt that he said those words because he was standing high above and looking down at her with his head lowered.  So, no matter how she looked up at him, he would still feel she had low self-esteem. 

And he replied to her…..taking friendliness as hostility with her head raised even higher, she would still have the feeling of inferiority.

At that time, their distance grew greater and farther apart.  The more he told her not to take offense, the more she felt offended.  She took offense about other people’s words, other people’s vision and she even took offense at his words and his vision. 

She felt that she had not climbed up high enough.  At least she wanted to be as high as him, to be on the same level with him so that she could stand upright.

This was the reason she left him which he could not fully understand.  She said that if she did not leave at that time, then she would never be able to change her life and he would forever be standing in that high position.  She did not want to look up at him.  She hoped to be able to on the same level as him, to be able to hold hands with him and to be able to snuggle up to him.

He loved her so much.  He loved her beauty, loved her intelligence, loved her strength, loved her pride and loved her for being different.

Of course, she also loved him and he could feel it.

In the end, her love for him was not comparable to her pride.

Meng Gu was deeply hurt in this relationship.  He felt the pain was so great for him because he did not lose to other men but lost to the woman herself. 

Now, this woman who was injured all over had said those same words.  “You made yourself feel embarrassed.”  He really wanted to go back to seven years ago, turn Qi Yao around and tell her.  “Listen, what other people said is the truth.”

But it was a pity that time will never return and the feelings that had disappeared would never reappear.  Now, even if Qi Yao is to appear in front of him again, he would not want to discuss these issues with her anymore.

That night, Chen Ruo Yu burned with fever twice and Meng Gu kept vigil by her bedside throughout the night.  If he had not done her a favor as a friend, he would not have overheard such interesting confused words from her.  She obviously did not know what she was talking about and she must have said words that she normally would not have dared to say.   He really wanted to record down everything and let her listen in the future.  He felt her expressions would be amazing.

After she was hospitalized, Meng Gu felt that Chen Ruo Yu is not such a bad woman as he had thought.  She is a person who is responsible, kind-hearted and very funny. 

In fact, it is great to make friends with such a girl.

Right, being a friend was Meng Gu’s sincere thought at that time.  He told Chen Ruo Yu his thoughts clearly because he found out she was still interested in him.

The times when she sees him, she would blush and feel uncomfortable.  She would also involuntarily sneak glances at him.  But when she actually came face to face with him, she would act like a hedgehog with sharp spikes shooting out all over her body and be instantly on guard.  She likes him but she did not seem to want to like him or it should be said, she rejected and resisted liking him.

Meng Gu felt it should be like this or at least those were his thoughts.  He did not want a relationship as a couple.  She is a good girl.  He did not want both of them to feel unhappy because of the impossibility between them.  So he made known to her his thoughts and told her it would be better for them to be just friends.

She agreed.

Then she ran away.  She ran away sneakily without discharging herself.

After he lectured her on her stupidity of helping her client which caused her to get beaten up and after he had an enjoyable time bickering with her, she had actually run away sneakily. 

It was absurd!  Why did she run away?

He had already clearly expressed his friendliness towards her, clearly got rid of the misunderstanding with her, and clearly treated her as a friend.  Why did she run away?

Later, Meng Gu’s father arranged a blind date for him.  In fact, he knew that it was not his father wish but other people’s wishes and they had taken the initiative to ask.

After all, he is the Deputy Dean’s son, an excellent young surgeon and so on.  All these sounded like good titles.  If one does not take the initiative, someone else is sure to come forward.  So there were many elders who came to ask about his love life. 

So, from time to time, Meng Father would arrange blind-dates for Meng Gu with some girls whose qualities match up with his just to let him get to know them better.                             

However, Meng Gu resisted this.

He really wants to have a love relationship, wants to have a girlfriend but he does not need his father’s manipulation.

Meng Gu felt his father is a very strict man and one who has a lot of self-importance for himself.  Father and son had always quarreled after saying not more than a few words.  But Meng Gu’s mother always reminded Meng Gu.  “What is there to quarrel about?  You have the same virtue as your father.  When you stand face to face with your father, it’s like looking into the mirror in the spiritual sense.  So when you complain about your father, you must think about yourself.”

He felt his mother was obviously biased in favor of her husband. 

In fact, Meng Gu is envious of his father.  He thinks his father is a super lucky old man.  He is lucky because he has a good wife.  Meng Gu appreciates very much a woman like his mother, cheerful, strong and wise.

He also wants to marry a woman like her.

A woman with a beautiful appearance, a kind heart, a healthy personality and character, a strong spiritual world.

So, he had fallen in love with Qi Yao at that time.

With his difficult, picky personality and an appearance that attracted peach blossoms, there was a reason why he found his first love only while in university ~ there was no one that he liked.

Qi Yao was his first love.

Qi Ya was beautiful, strong and intelligent.  She had all the qualities that Meng Gu likes.  At that time, he felt he was very lucky.  He thought that his love relationship and marriage would be as smooth as his studies and job-hunting.

He would be as lucky as his old man.

But it was not to be.

It turned out that even if he is very much like his father, even if Qi Yao is very much like his mother, even if Qi Yao has all the qualities he likes, even if they really love each other…….

It turned out that life has other arrangements……….

17