Chapter 70 – Zhou Zhe & Bao Ni
10.3k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strictly speaking, this matter started because of Lu Bao Ni.

That day, after Lu Bao Ni was encouraged by Chen Ruo Yu, she went back and pondered over the matter.  After some hesitation, she finally decided to make known the feelings in her heart. 

She called Chen Ruo Yu and told her that these few days she was going to take action.  She said that even if she was not as lucky as Chen Ruo Yu who finally got her wish, but she would not ignore her feelings, would not hold grievances in her heart and she would not have any regrets. 

When Chen Ruo Yu heard what she said, Chen Ruo Yu felt anxious for her.  Instead, Lu Bao Ni comforted her and said she had carefully thought this over.  She had prepared herself and she also said she would tell Chen Ruo Yu no matter what the outcome was.

Three days later, Chen Ruo Yu received a call from Lu Bao Ni.  She was crying on the phone and said that she had just met Zhou Zhe and had already told him.  His reaction was…….he was shocked and froze there as if he did not know how to answer her.  Finally, after staying mute for a long time, he only said that he had already made arrangements for his return to C-city and he would be returning home soon.

Lu Bao Ni said that she understood Zhou Zhe’s meaning.  So they separated and each went back to their own home but she could not control herself and called Chen Ruo Yu on her way home.  She said that although she knew the result would be like this, she still felt very happy that she had told him.  However, even though she felt so happy but why was she unable to control her tears from flowing?

Chen Ruo Yu was saddened by Lu Bao Ni’s experience and she apologized to her.  Chen Ruo Yu felt that if it was not for her encouragement, Lu Bao Ni would not have to endure this and she had to cry so bitterly.  Instead, Lu Bao Ni thanked her. 

Chen Ruo Yu told Gao Yu Lan about this matter and asked for her opinion.   Gao Yu Lan said that this was actually quite good.  It was better to say what was in the heart rather than keeping everything in the heart and have illusions.  She felt that Lu Bao Ni said she was happy because she had finally done something that she did not actually dare to do.  Lu Bao Ni was sad because even though she said she did not harbor any hopes but in fact, she must have had imagined Zhou Zhe having the same feelings as her.

Liang Sisi’s thoughts on this matter were different.  She felt that there was nothing to be sad about.  That man had said he had made arrangements to return home but he did not say he did not like the woman.  If what that woman wanted was just love, maybe she already got it.  Someone had once loved her and it was what she had wished for.  If what she wanted is endless love, now is just the beginning.  To solve the difficulties of carrying on a love relationship in different cities, why doesn’t she follow him to C-city or try to fight for the man to stay?  Wouldn’t that be better?

“But maybe Zhou Zhe didn’t say that he didn’t like her but was only just trying to be tactful.  He behaves like a gentleman and is a good man.”

“Is that girl, Bao Ni sure?  Did she ask him?  Did she ask clearly?  Sometimes, men are not as considerate as you think.  He is no longer her colleague and soon he will be leaving for another city.  They will no longer meet again, so what is the fart use of being tactful?  In this situation, if he doesn’t reject her right off, isn’t it worse to let the woman carry hopes for him?”

When Chen Ruo Yu thought about this, it really sounded as if there were two possibilities.  But she did not dare to encourage Lu Bao Ni any more.  In case, Zhou Zhe really did not have any feelings for Lu Bao Ni, wouldn’t she be exposing Lu Bao Ni’s wound and creating trouble for Zhou Zhe?

“You’d better not get involved in this matter.”  Liang Sisi said.  “Since they are already like this, anyway, it is either the end of the matter or just the beginning.  Let them be.”

So Chen Ruo Yu did not mention this to Lu Bao Ni again.  Later, she met Zhou Zhe once in the district.  They greeted each other and exchanged a few words but she did not notice anything abnormal about him.  Both of them also did not mention Bao Ni. 

During this period, Chen Ruo Yu also had a lot of things that needed her attention.  Finally, she decided to quit her job selling insurance and went to work in Zhao Xia’s trading company.  She was mainly responsible for the sales channels of the condom product line.

As the Spring Festival drew closer, she also needed to make arrangements for her future.  Over in Zhao Xia’s company, career development for her was better and her salary was more stable.  So, if she needed to rent a house, she was able to support it with her finances. 

Although she had carried great hopes that her relationship with Meng Gu would bear fruit, time flew so fast and she was not sure whether she would be able to stay together with Meng Gu when the house lease expires.

She was still not sure. 

She hoped she can be more independent, not dependent on him and also imagined she can affect him the same way he was affecting her.  For example, if he feels unhappy, she will try to make things easy for him, and she hopes that he will have the same feelings for her.  Another example is that in order to make him happy, she will cook some dishes that he likes but she may not like.  She also hopes that he will express the same tolerance for her and not show his displeasure when she buys durians. 

And they frequently quarreled.

At one time, they went on a date to see movies and they had picked a cartoon film which Chen Ruo Yu likes.  On that day, Meng Gu had to do overtime on emergency surgery and it was very late before he came off work.  Chen Ruo Yu felt it was better not to watch the movie and go home to rest early.  However, Meng Gu insisted on watching the movie and when the film was one-third through, he had fallen asleep which made Chen Ruo Yu very angry.

She nagged him a few words and stated that since he was tired after doing overtime, he should not have forced himself to watch the movie.  This had made her unable to fully enjoy the movie and she felt displeased.  But he also felt very unhappy and his voice was even louder than hers.  He thought he was being considerate of her and had tried his best to accompany her to watch the movie that she liked.  Instead, she was being ungrateful and she also complained about this and that. 

Because of this matter, the two parted unhappily.  Meng Gu even said some harsh words about not ever going to watch another movie and that made Chen Ruo Yu very unhappy.

Another time, after spending a few days working overtime continuously, Meng Gu insisted on taking Chen Ruo Yu out for dinner.  She felt that it would be better to cook something at home but Meng Gu disagreed.  They had not met for several days and he wondered why she was acting so coldly towards him.  In the end, Chen Ruo Yu gave in and went with him.  Then half-way through the dinner, he yawned continuously and Chen Ruo Yu felt very uncomfortable.  So when they had finished their dinner, she told Meng Gu to go home and she would take the bus back.  Meng Gu felt her words were very disrespectful of him.  If he was to let his girlfriend take a bus home by herself and he drove back to his own home, where would he, as a man, be able to put his face?

Just for the matter of his so-called face and the comment that ‘if it was known earlier, they should not have come out for a dinner’, the two of them were unhappy again.

Not to mention, Meng Gu did not like to go shopping.  Meng Gu likes to buy everything by going straight to the product, pick it up and buy while Chen Ruo Yu likes to buy everything by going through all the different products on the shelves, comparing prices and styles, and looking out for discounts.  Their two methods of purchasing were totally different. 

Meng Gu did not like to go shopping up to a certain extent.  Ever since Chen Ruo Yu helped him to buy clothes and necessities, he began to act like a Lord and started to give her a shopping list.  He refused her request to go shopping with her and then he grumbled his dissatisfaction and picked on the things she bought.

The two of them had bickered at least three times just over the matter of shopping.

These little things made Chen Ruo Yu a little on guard.  She was worried their feelings for each other were not deep enough.  If they stay together too early, she is afraid that these little quarrels will increase.  Once these little quarrels increases, feelings will be hurt.  Instead, it is better for them to develop slowly.  When the time is right, and when both of them are used to each other, the feeling of tolerance will be present for them to live together harmoniously. 

Meng Gu was very unhappy with her opinion.  He felt that he had shown her unprecedented tolerance and it was not right for her to have no confidence in him.

Chen Ruo Yu had sighed more than once.  When she talked to Liang Sisi on the phone, Liang Sisi told her that a man’s nerves were thicker than his legs and when she talked to Gao Yu Lan about his frequent childish behavior, Gao Yu Lan told her to be content with him.  She said that if a childish comparison is done, there are very few men who could be more childish than her family’s Yin Ze.

Chen Ruo Yu smiled and felt a woman is really a strange animal.  She could pick out a man’s fault for the smallest things, and in everything, she would find excuses for him.  A woman is the most discerning and the most tolerant.

In short, while Chen Ruo Yu was busy working hard and managing her feelings, she did not know that Lu Bao Ni and Zhou Zhe were embroiled in an emotional struggle.

One day she met Zhou Zhe in the district and after greeting each other, she went back upstairs to her home.  Then she suddenly remembered that Zhou Zhe had told her some time ago that he was returning home to C-city soon but it seems the date had passed.  But why is he still here?

Less than two days later, Lu Bao Ni gave her a phone call.  Lu Bao Ni excitedly told her that Zhou Zhe had not left yet.  She had met him several times and he had talked to her.  When he talked, he seemed to be a bit anxious and was very concerned about her.  The questions that he asked were a bit silly.  She asked Chen Ruo Yu what did that mean.  Was there still hope for her?

Chen Ruo Yu dared not simply guess and neither did she dare to give her any encouragement to think positively.  In fact, even if she did not encourage Lu Bao Ni, she was very sure that Lu Bao Ni must have a lot of positive thoughts.  So, Chen Ruo Yu just reminded her that Zhou Zhe had not said anything and it meant that his plan to leave A-city still had not changed.  Even if the situation was still vague, it would not last long.  Time and distance would destroy all unstable feelings.

Lu Bao Ni took a deep breath on the other end of the phone and said she knew what she had to do.  Then she thanked Chen Ruo Yu.

After Chen Ruo Yu had hung up her phone, she suddenly felt she was as powerful as Liang Sisi.  She had dealt with her relationship with her Mr. Tyrannosaurus, and now she could also be an expert. 

Later, Chen Ruo Yu received the news that Lu Bao Ni had started to pursue Zhou Zhe and he did not dare to promise her nor did he reject her.  The two people seemed to be in an ‘on/off ‘ relationship.

Lu Bao Ni often came to the district to look for Zhou Zhe and at the same time, she would also drop by to chat with Chen Ruo Yu.  She told Chen Ruo Yu that she feels Zhou Zhe likes her.  In the past, she did not dare to harbor any feelings for him, so when he showed concern and consideration for her, she felt that he was a good man and he also treated everyone well.  But now, since she had put in a lot of effort to pursue him and from his reaction, she suddenly realized that in the past, when he had been good to her, it was his way of showing his feelings for her.

She felt that this conclusion could be proven because Zhou Zhe had postponed his plan to return home.  He had not packed his belongings or terminated his house lease to return to C-city.

“I have to work hard.  In the end, even if we are separated living in two different cities, and we can’t be together, at least I had tried.  I will not regret it.”

Chen Ruo Yu felt that Lu Bao Ni was very brave and on the contrary, Zhou Zhe was not bold at all.  He was a bit like Meng Gu at first when Meng Gu was vague the whole time and did not voice out his feelings clearly.  What actually did it mean?  She really wanted to know what is kept in a man’s melon head.

To find out, she really went to ask Meng Gu and he said.  “That time I was not sure of you.  Of course, I could not confess to you.  You have to think of your attitude towards me at that time.  I had to confirm first whether I have a chance with you, then only I can take the next step, right?”

“No.  If you are sincere like Bao Ni, regardless of what is in front, you should boldly pursue.”

“Bao Ni was already placed in a hopeless situation and she fought to survive.  I had the time to slowly dally with you, I can afford the time.”

“It is not right to have the idea of dallying with a woman.  It is irresponsible.  Since you’re not confident and uncertain, then why were you so vague?”

Meng Gu narrowed his eyes at her for a long time and said.  “What do you think in your head the whole day?  Are you so free?  Is being vague something we can control?  Without cooperation from you women, can we be vague?  And you dislike me for being irresponsible.  You created a mess out of the pool of spring water and then you fled.  Are you telling me you were responsible?  Every time, when I remembered the time you first provoked me and then you turned around and put on an innocent look that said ‘I did not do anything.’…… I still feel angry.”

“Anyway, it is not right that you men play at being vague.”  Chen Ruo Yu thought for a long time and could not come up with a better rebuttal and she could only say…….’anyway’…….

“Then you should take it as us men like to stand over the latrine pit without shitting.”

Can he still be considered as being reasonable?  Chen Ruo Yu could not help but hit Mr. Tyrannosaurus.

Chen Ruo Yu did not expect that she was not the only one that was concerned about this matter between Zhou Zhe and Lu Bao Ni.  Zhou Zhe’s delay in returning home had caught his parents by surprise.  That day, Zhou Father and Zhou Mother came to A-city and the two elderly came up to her doorstep to invite her for a meal. 

Chen Ruo Yu suddenly felt that she was going to get her retribution for being involved in other people’s business.

 

17