#1: Birth of Hyunji
18 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a pretty big town called "Bamboo Town", a town surrounded by forests filled with bamboos, and homes built with bamboos. There is a married couple in the town who got married for only 3 years. They were in their late twenties. They were a wealthy family because the father, Jor Kai, is a business man who sells animal stock and the Town. The mother, Laura Z. Bloom was 6 month's pregnant. Jor and Laura were preparing for the baby's birth. 

One day, in the afternoon, Jor and Laura went for a walk around the bamboo woods which is a little far from the town. They were discussing about what to name their child. 

Laura: Jor, how should we name out child after it is born? 

Jor: Hmmm....If we have a baby boy, let's name him, Hyunji.....Hyunji Z. Kai. 

Laura: Oh that's a pretty cool name! Hahaha. It has my middle name and your last name. Hmm...Hyunji...(Laura looks at her belly)

They then reached a resting place surrounded with bamboo trees. There was a bench for them to rest. They sat down for a moment until Jor had to use the bathroom. 

Laura: Where are you going?

Jor: I'm just going to use the bathroom really quick, my stomach doesn't feel too good, I'll be back honey! (Jor headed to the bamboo forest.

Laura: Jor! You better hurry! 

Jor: You got it!

Jor left to the woods. Laura sat there wondering around, looking at the sky. While she was sitting, someone was watching her from the woods. Then Laura heard a noise, like someone is walking towards behind her. Lauara thought it was Jor and turned her head around.

Laura: Oh your back-

Laura couldn't speak. Her eyes open wide looking at a tall figure standing behind her. The figure has a humanoid body of a female. It is taller than an average man,  has long black hair, white pale skin, and it wore a long black dress. Due to the long black hair covering the figure eyes, Laura couldn't make out the face. Laura tried to scream but nothing came out of her mouth. The figure reached her hand out to grab a tight hold of Laura's neck. It then used it's other arm to reach for Laura's belly. It touched Laura's belly, which a bright red light emerged from her hand. Laura couldn't believe her eyes. 

The figure then let go of Laura and disappeared into thin air. Jor then returned. 

Jor: Okay honey let's go!

Laura:....

Jor: Laura? What happened? Are you alright?

Laura:.....

Laura couldn't speak and could only make sounds. Her face was filled with fear. Jor knew that something was going on, he carried his wife home. The next day, Laura still acted the same. She could still do work around the house like usual, sleep, eat, and drink but she couldn't speak, her face became pale, and emotionless. Knowing this, Jor went to an elder of his to discuss the problem with him. After explaining, the elder suggest that he calls a Monk to check on his wife. Jor hurried to the temple. He explained everything to an elder monk, Junglu Kin, who was outside, they then hurried back to Jor's house. 

Jor: Mr. Kin, what is wrong with my wife?

Mr. Kin: Hmmm....this is strange. Did she encounter with....

Jor: Encounter with who?

Mr. Kin: So you went to the bathroom and left your wife alone on the bench?

Jor: Yes, it was an emergency so...

Mr. Kin: Have you checked her body, maybe a type of insect bit her which caused this?

Jor: I'll check then.

Jor took Laura's top clothing off, which they both saw a mark on Laura's belly. A blavk mark that is the size of a coin. The mark looks like a black moon. Mr. Kin was shocked. 

Mr. Kin: This....this isn't good...

Jor: What is it Mr. Kin? 

Mr. Kin: When you left her on the bench, she got approached by...Emzalu....

Jor: Who is this "Emzalu"? 

Mr. Kin: Emzalu is a dark and dangerous entity not to be reckon with. Emzalu is a god-like entity who preys on pregnant women. She places marks on their bellies which means they're doomed to die after giving birth. The mark will then be passed down onto the child, which Emzalu will go after when they reach adulthood. 

Jor: How could this happen?....If only I came sooner....Laura....(Jor touches Laura's cheek)

Mr. Kin: This is a situation that no one ever wishes to ever happen to them Mr. Kai...though we cannot save your wife, we could save the baby.

Jor: The baby? Why not both of them?

Mr. Kin: Your wife had a mark placed on her by Emzalu which means she is fated to die after giving birth, trying to prevent this, would cause Emzalu to destroy this town. The child, does not bare that fate which means he will live. This is a dangerous situation. When your wife gives birth, take the child and bring the child to the temple. Do not forget these words Mr. Kai. Now I'll be leaving now, I wish you luck. 

Jor: Thank you...Mr. Kin.

Mr. Kin left Jor's house. Jor was devastated from the news, knowing that his wife will die after giving birth. He remembered the memories of them together when they were younger. Jor dropped a tear from his eye. He knows what he has to do. Jor prepared for that day. He explained everything to some of the elderly women in the town to get ready for that day. 3 months later, Laura was giving birth. The elderly women came as planned to help out. Laura screamed in pain while giving birth. It took a whole hour until the baby was born. It was a baby boy. One of the elderly women covered a cloth around the baby and brought it to Laura. Laura looked at the baby. She finally spoke.

Laura: My son.....Hyunji....

Jor was surprised when Laura spoked, but then her face turned pale, and her eyes began to close. 

To Be Continued...

0