Prologue
49 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To the person reading this: Have you ever experienced a heart break?

What about a stupid one? Let's take it up a notch, what about a really pathetic one?

Have you ever had a crush? Have you ever confessed to a friend? Have you fell for a classmate? What about a person from school? 

How about someone online? No, not even an online relationship, just a one-sided obsession?

I have.

Maybe if I hadn't met her, then maybe my life would've been much better, or maybe the path I walked through was the better one, and that I gained more than I put in.

Maybe I'll regret it.

Maybe you can tell me?

________________________________________________________________________________________

It was spring, the leaves fell and painted the entire scenery with brown and yellow. The breeze flew by, lifting the leaves and taking them afloat. It was quite the sight.

I was walking with my earphones on, unbothered by the other kids around me goofing off. It was the start of the new school year, and I was finally a freshman. 

'Neat.' I thought, trying to act aloof and mature. I didn't like my emotions getting ahead of me, but I admit that I did feel a bit excited; mostly for the girls, though.

I looked around me and felt a little tinge. They were all getting along with each other already. 

Maybe they were middle-school friends? Or maybe they were just that friendly and extroverted that they were able to become friends on the first day. I felt a little insecure. 

'What am I saying?' I thought, turning my head away. I wasn't like this. I don't care about stuff like that.

'Let me see my time-table' I thought, as I pulled out a white paper with 5x6 boxes.

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY
Math (8-10) Science (8-10) Math (8-10) Science (8-10) Math (8-10)
Science (10-11:30) Math (10-12) Science (10-12) Math (10-12) Science (10-12)
LUNCH (11:30-12:30) LUNCH (12-1) LUNCH (12-1) LUNCH (12-1) LUNCH (12-1)
PHYS-ED (12:30-2) English (12:30-2) PHYS-ED(12:30-2) English (12:30-2) PHYS-ED(12:30-2)
Network SEC (2-3:30)  PHYS-ED(2-3:30) Network SEC (2-3:30)  PHYS-ED(2-3:30) Network SEC (2-3:30)

'A rather mundane schedule.' He thought, feeling smug about his grades in middle school. 'Easy enough.'

He neatly folded the paper and put it back into his bag, while taking his phone out after.

'A change of tune, perhaps.' He thought as he tapped onto the arrow 'next' button. 'Something that's fitting...'

He wanted something hype, he felt a little competitive by looking around at all the faces here. He wanted to be the top. 

But just as he landed on the song he liked, a long, black hair waved right in front of me, pushing him and knocking his phone off his hand.

"Ah!..." The girl with long, black hair exclaimed. "Sorry! Sorry.." 

She bent down, pulling her skirt with her, as she picked up the phone apologizing. 

"Sorry about that." She handed him the phone.

"Oh.." He squeaked. She was really beautiful. She had a petite face, sharp chin, and bubbling eyes. It wasn't his type, but maybe she just changed it at that very moment.

"That's ok..." He quietly received it back.

"Is it broken?" She asked.

"Uh.." He rotated the phone around, checking it and turning it off and on. "It doesn't seem like it.."

"Ok, good!" She giggled, "I almost thought It was, haha. I'm low on money right now, so yeah."

"Well, if it IS broken, then you can just message me. I have to go now." She took her phone out and showed him her Kinstagram.

"Ok, yeah sure." I replied.

"Ok, see you around!" She waved, jogging back again.

"Bye." I replied.

'Well.. That was a good start to the new school year.' I thought. 'Maybe she likes me?'

I stood there for a while, looking at my phone, dazed on my first interaction in high-school.

1