Chapter 1
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up in this fantasy-like world. Magic and Swords, The lack of technological advancement and social injustice. Nobles and Commoners, The rich and the poor, Academies and Organizations.

I, Carl, have enough of this. I killed myself to abandon everything, not reincarnate into this pathetic guy. I have lived in a world with technological and social advancement far more mature than this fantasy world. God, now I can't kill myself with my arms tied and mouth gagged. I examined my surroundings. Dark and filthy, the smell of rotten flesh from a distance.
My arms are tied with metal chains, and my mouth is restricted by a rope. So I can't just bite my tongue and be over with it. I don't exactly know whether it will work. I've read in some web novels that biting one's tongue is a method of suicide. Something is strange, this body is weird, but I couldn't investigate it when exhaustion took over.

*
After that short time of "transmigration." The pathetic guy he was talking about is the son of a fallen marquis.
Mark Valletta II, Son of the fallen Marquis Valletta I.
Mark Valletta II was your typical "young master" stereotype who clashed with your "typical trash noble." As usual, Mark Valletta II used his connections, trying to make that certain typical trash noble "suffer worse than death." Still, the typical trash noble revealed he was not so "trash."

As that typical trash noble rose, so was the conflict between Mark and that guy. The name of Mark's enemy was Alexis Evansville. A protagonist-like character. Helped his family from its predicament. Received the Emperor's Favor. "Seduced" Mark's fiancée and many other achievements.

The illustrious Valletta Family, with 3-century history of loyally serving the Imperial Family. A commoner into marquis fell due to Alexis, a son of a weak viscount, into the prince consort of the eldest princess. Mark Valletta II died with relentless rage and hate to kill Alexis. Even when his soul passed away, his body thoroughly seeped with the will of Mark and the emotion of hate. That feeling desperately clings even when Mark is already dead. Until a wandering soul from the void passed by.
Mark's body instinctively tried to take the soul in, forcing it inside. A new soul lives in a body filled with hate.

That soul doesn't know that this is his final chance to kill himself in the future. He will never rest. For his soul will be chained into a body named "Mark Valletta II."
How ironic for a ghost who wants to die to live because of a dead body.

*
What is this pain? What are these memories? What is going on? Let me die, let me die, I die, I die, DIE! DIE! ALEXIIIIIS!* Carl thought as his mind was on chaos and pain.

Carl was awoken by a splash of water, breaking him away from his nightmare.

"The Emperor summons you."

The warden that splashed the water on Mark looked at him coldly. 'A scum, a truly disgusting human being.' The warden thought of him. Mark was still muddle-headed from his nightmare and the dissonance of his soul and body.
The warden signaled his men to take him away and bring him to the Emperor. Mark offered no resistance and his expression blank. The warden smirked, assuming Mark had lost all hope. Unaware of the chaos in Mark's mind.

Carl was brought to this majestic palace of the Emperor that shined like the sun because of its gold. The light calmed him down, the dissonance of his mind cleared. Mark assessed his situation, finding himself in chains, guarded by a dozen guards in black armor. A contrast with the palace's gold interior.

The entire journey was quiet; no one spoke a word. It was peaceful. Carl was calm even when death was approaching. He can't help but smile, for he didn't even need to find a way to kill himself. The Guillotine was his end, although Carl felt unsettled. There is still something on the very back of his mind, but he tries to ignore it. The guards on his side can't help but be surprised. Although they have delivered a lot of death row prisoners. It was unexpected coming from a spoiled brat noble like Mark. Perhaps the torture broke his mind, and the Emperor will finally free him from his suffering.

The door to the majestic throne room was filled with strange, eccentric, yet attractive symbols. Mark knew this was a priceless treasure. Mark felt pressure on his mind looking at the symbols, so he tactfully bowed his head.
A tactic used by the Emperor to exert pressure on anyone who first meets him. A little scheme but perhaps effective. Even if you're strong-minded, looking at these symbols felt strenuous.

The captain of the guards announced his name, rank, and purpose. The door opened, revealing a spacious grand throne room filled with nobles from the capital to spectate the verdict of the last descendant of the Valletta Family.

The Emperor sat on his vast golden throne made by the most excellent craftsmen across the Empire. His chiseled face was serene like a lake. His blue eyes filled with wisdom and authority. He didn't wear a crown, for his aura was enough to dictate he was the Emperor. For you can't help it but kneel.

Carl can only see the burden and heaviness of such life. Mark could see the Emperor's vigor was slowly fading away, like a setting sun. Mark knew the Emperor was in his prime, but his hair was filled with strands of white hair showing heavy stress from his duties.

The princes were young and ambitious, but the Emperor successfully restrained them. Even with conflicts among the nobles, he successfully gained long-termed profits and worthy investments, even with the conflict between Valetta and Evansville. The Emperor didn't side with the Valetta because it has a long history of past achievements. He only saw the future prospects of each side, and he felt... Alexis showed more promise than the entire Valetta Family.

Valetta Family was still loyal to the Imperial family to the very end. How ironic of a loyal family to be used as a whetstone to sharpen Alexis. Mark Valetta II lost all of his respect and fanaticism to the Emperor when he realized it in the dungeon.

Carl, who resides on Mark's body, now still feels resentful yet fears the Emperor. Carl possessing Mark's memories, can't help but involuntary straighten his back and show an apathetic expression. The entire throne hall was silent, examining the prisoner with curiosity, disgust, and resentment.

Mark Valletta II, The noble who orchestrated the Ash Massacre, the leader of an underworld organization who engaged in drugs, weapons, extortions, and other illegal activities, "Valley Men."

The name sounds underwhelming, but their hands delve deep. He has many atrocious deeds, too many to count. The Higher Nobility consisting of other marquesses and dukes, turned a blind eye. But with the conflict of Valletta Family and Alexis, the promising man from the Evansville family. Alexis made contact with a lot of influential people, supporting him. As the conflict intensified, the Valletta slowly isolated and offended many forces until their fall.

Valletta Family's influence was spread far wide. Everyone knows this, that's why many people were baffled by the Emperor's decision back then, but now, everyone seems to know why. Alexis's potential was more significant than the entire Valletta family.

Mark Valletta II had a sister, but her fate was unknown. Many assumed Mark killed her for siding Alexis back then.

Now, the last descendant of the illustrious Valletta family strolls to his execution.
Carl arrived at the Emperor as the guards kneeled simultaneously.

"Descendant of Valletta. Do you plead guilty?" The Emperor's voice was deep and authoritative. Carl didn't answer; he looked at his surroundings and froze when he saw a familiar figure at the right corner.

A tall man with a lean body. His fit black clothes and black cloak were simple, filled with few embroidery and gold, but he still looked dashing with a red scabbard on his belt. His white hair made him looked like elven than a man. He stands out like a peacock among chickens, even at the far corner. There is no doubt many women would fall for this man.

Carl suddenly reacted for the first time; his body raged. The relaxed expression fell as he gritted his teeth. He can't help but glare at Alexis for a short moment.

Carl moved his sight to his feet. Trying to calm his body and emotion, he took a deep breath and looked at the Emperor straight at the eyes.

"I plead guilty."

The Emperor noticed it. He silently assessed the Mark in front of him. The entire throne hall was hushed as they waited for the Emperor's verdict. Many assumed a brutal death, but the Emperor surprised them.

"The Valletta Estate shall be confiscated, your title of nobility will be stripped, and you will be exiled. " The Emperor said with a calm voice. Shocking everyone at the throne hall. Even Alexis raised an eyebrow. But as they tried to decipher the Emperor's decision. Many assumed that death for Mark Valletta was too light. They knew the proud Mark would rather die as a noble than being treated like a commoner. Everyone knew he hated commoners. Mark being a commoner was such an irony of fate.

Carl tried to lower his head down to hide his expression. The Emperor waved his hands. Captain of the guards knew what this meant, so they silently took Mark away exiled him from the Empire.

Mark didn't offer any resistance as he was being carried away. It was honestly anti-climatic. Everyone assumed Mark would make a scene; in fact, they even parted ways so Mark could instantly see Alexis. Most thought he would rage. Never did they expect that the Proud Mark would give up that easily.

"This is the end of Valletta." Many sighed with the cruelness of fate. A girl in a black veil at the very back of the crowd shed a tear for a brother she once loved.

"You once stood like a proud lion,
You roared echoed to the nation.
Your hands crept through hearts of men.
Your heart bleeds for its emptiness."

"My dear brother, I hope you find rest and peace." She prayed as she gripped her scarred hands. She's always been kind to everyone, even to her despicable brother.

Carl was thrown into a prison carriage; he looked through the gaps, looking at the cloudy sky, his mind clouded just like the weather.

He knew what his fate was. After seeing Alexis, his mind instantly pushed him into a path he never wished to walk.

"I'll be digging two graves." Carl shook his head, realizing he was wrong.

"No, I'll be digging three graves." Carl finally smiled brightly like the sun, brighter than the gold-tinted palace.

***

A/N: Hello everyone reading, Newbiewriter here. Please be easy on me. This is my first time writing. I hope you can offer me tips and pointers to better myself. God bless everyone. I hope you all have a pleasant day.

0