Naked (—Part 2)
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The more Kai watched his mum laugh so energetically the more he'd to struggle not to give her the satisfaction of seeing him break. Worse off, him sissying and then crying like a girl.

NO.

"You know what?" Kai said. Mrs. Chase did her best to silence her giggles now. "When you're finished laughing, I need you to leave my room right away." 

"Oh, tough much. Are you?"

"I'm certainly not joking. Mum." 

"What do you mean you're not joking? And why should you order me to leave like this?" She sounded like a victim.

"Because I cannot condone you in this place another second more."

"What place? Here?"

"Where else, mum. I need you outta my fricken bedroom." 

"When did you become this rude, Kaiden?"

"Just now, mum. I'm clearly upset."

"As you have every right to be but I actually came by to tell you to get dressed."

"And why would I wanna do that?"

"Because I ordered Ms.Brandice to serve you breakfast in bed. So rise and shine gorgeous, the lady will arrive any minute now."

"Mum. You are being truly kind right now and you're doing nothing wrong in ordering me breakfast. But the time is still freakin early for that." 

"Are you sure?" His mum asked, raising up her brows.

Kai then scrammed the side of his pillows for his peculiar wristwatch. The one he usually places beside him once he decides to go to bed. He soon found it and narrowed his gaze on the object in order to make out the time from it. 

"What! 7:30 A. M.! Mum!"

"Why the shouting?" 

"You woke me up at 7. 30. Whatever for?"

"Breakfast, honey."

"Break-" Kai stopped, feeling like he was already fuming hot. Too hot. He raked his hands through his Sandy brown hair and tried to tone his nerves down a notch. 

"Mum… Tell me this. Is Larry up yet?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Because you are being unrealistic right now."

"Am I?"

"Yes. You are. Because for the love of god why'd you wake me up at fricken 7:30 in the morning? And for what? Measly breakfast." 

"Kai honey… " His mum called softly as she wrapped her face into a convenient smile. 

… "Oh honey. Larry told me you had a little next to nothing to eat all throughout yesterday. Now even though I can decide to throw you some body compliments, we both know how well you also need to work out a stable eating routine."

"And what am I? Two? I'm fricken Eighteen. Eighteen!" He stressed.

"And yet I expected you to know better. You're not a kid anymore. Learn from your brother."

"I don't."

"You don't?" Mrs. Chase settled her nerves to breathe some calm. "Anyway I came to help you up early enough for College but obviously my assistance was never needed."

"Right. And need I remind you that I'm a Sophomore now. I'm long up from being a kid."

His mum stayed silent for a bit.

"Oh well. That reminds me." She said and turned around. "I'd need your help with my zipper, honey. Will you?"

Once she said this, Kai darted his eyes over to her dress only to see that she'd perfectly zipped it up herself. 

What other stunt did this woman have up her sleeve?

He was certainly not interested.

"Look, mum. You've had your fun alright. Right now I need at least some thirty minutes worth of sleep. So please. Kindly leave."

His mum turned back around to face him the minute he said this. But by now, she was wearing a smudge look on her face. 

"You really want me out of your space? Honey?"

"Please mum. Just use the door." 

He observed as she dropped her shoulders and pouted her mouth for him to see her sulk before she turned to head out. She knew Kai. He always savoured his personal space and he absolutely hated being infringed upon but she was his mother and not just some random stranger. Couldn't he show a little compassion for her sake? Couldn't he stop being too defensive whenever she was involved?

Kai studied the woman's dulled countenance. Her manner of trotting away from him wasn't all that bright. Yet, even though he knew how much she loathed the feeling of being rejected, there was really nothing he could do about it. Or was there?

"Mum!" 

She noticed her cheeks warm up and she turned in order to face her son once more. "Yes… " 

"On your way out, kindly tell Ms. Brandice to halt breakfast until I'm out. Can you do that for me?"

'Huh? That was it?'

Once he'd told his mum that, Kai slumped his weight back on his big cosy bed. 

Mrs. Chase snarled at this before resuming her pace again. There was no dismissing that he was a selfish brat after all.

1