Chapter 02
5.6k 5 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ravenwood Academy serviced three years’ worth of students. As a post-secondary educational facility, as put in Earth terms, its students were generally between the ages of eighteen to twenty-one; so, younger than Ivy herself, though not by much. At least, Ivy’s real self; centuries younger than Iverius, the body she’d been inserted into.

So much background information had been stuffed into Ivy’s head she was having difficulty keeping it all straight, but she thought she had the basics.

First, Ravenwood’s students, who its curriculum served.

The Valkyrie. 

Humanity’s last hope, put shortly. Young girls, for whom the world had been unfairly placed on their shoulders. Girls who had been given incredible talents; powers, fantastic powers, capable of fighting against the encroaching dark, the vishata, a hive-mind of world-ending proportions, a hungry and devouring swarm of extraterrestrial locusts. 

Only through the Valkyrie's incredible powers had humanity’s embers not been ground beneath the invader’s heels, dug into the cold earth and smoldered away. 

Heavy expectations, weren’t those, when given to girls so young?

Expectations, Ivy would point out, which came with predictable admiration by the public, a celebrity status, even a near-worship. Several students, Ivy had been told, had already grown fanbases, were widely known and practically exalted by the general population of Dathe, the capital city hosting Ravenwood Academy.

And Ivy’s job was to corrupt these last-embers of humanity’s hope. To turn them into sex-craving slaves; to warp their minds to her will. Not to necessarily diminish their ability to defend humanity, but certainly to bulldozer any morals they had when it came to indulgence; in excessive indulgence, especially of the sexual nature.

Which, oh boy.

(She meant that in a good and bad way.)

As to where Ysulla fit into this picture, or the other gods and goddesses and how they slotted into the vishata’s invasion, and humanity’s defense, Ivy wasn’t sure. She was receiving an entire world’s lore piece-meal. It would be a while before she knew what was going on. 

She had other matters to focus on. Namely, fulfilling her given task.

The auspicious beginnings of which had just arrived. A knocking came at Ivy’s door.

“Come in,” she called, straightening in her chair and adopting a stern expression. 

She had a part to play, and though she might not have a background in theater, she had never been particularly shy, nor incompetent in pretense. Lying had been a frequent thing, early in her life; a survival instinct born of narcissistic and abusive parents. But that was too much information.

In walked Avril Ikrinas, the first-year student representative. Somebody Ivy would be interacting with frequently, both by nature of Avril’s role in Ravenwood, and for … less honorable intentions on the part of Ivy.

Avril Ikrinas was a girl freshly eighteen years of age, being a new intake to Ravenwood, a first-year. Her platinum blonde hair curled down to her shoulders with perfect grace, and her ice blue eyes shone with pride. Her back was ram-rod straight. Being the daughter of a prominent nobleman along with a bestowed Valkyrie and savior of humanity meant, to her, dignity and image were things of the highest importance. 

Dignity. Ivy’s job was to remove that. To turn this prideful, gorgeous, haughty blonde into someone who wouldn’t falter for a moment when it came to servicing a random passerby on the street; someone who would willingly, and indeed gladly, offer her holes for complete free use. Who would want nothing more than to be filled up, to be stuffed, by any warm cock she could find. 

But especially Ivy’s, if possible. Her pants stiffened, growing tight as her member filled it. Still a novel experience. And one she tried her hardest to ignore, having more important things to focus on. Fortunately, her lower body was hidden by her desk. Too soon to be revealing a secret like that … though the time would come.

As for the fact Avril was one of the aforementioned Valkyrie with a following? A girl who was worshiped, in certain circles? Who had public name recognition? And therefore so much more to live up to? 

So much further to fall?

Ivy planned to use that to her advantage.

Though, that was for down the line. The breaking of a person’s will and dignity took time, even with the subtlest of touches. 

Small steps. Slow and steady.

There was joy to be found in incremental progress. Being indulged suddenly was no fun at all; foreplay mattered as much as the main event.

And this? The world’s strangest foreplay.

“Miss Ikrinas,” Ivy said in smooth greeting. “A pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard great things.”

Avril flushed. Bowed at the waist, deeply, as far as she could.  “Headmaster Drovelia. The honor is, of course, entirely mine.”

It was the first genuine proof of Iverius’s reputation, that a prideful girl like this held her in such esteem. Ivy’s heart fluttered at the show of deference, even if it was based on deception. She didn’t let it show on her face. Somehow emboldened her, even, sinking Ivy further into the facade she’d been preparing. Gave her confidence. An assuredness to the mask.

“I’ve decided to meet with my representatives,” Ivy said casually, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms. “The faculty of Ravenwood is, of course, trustworthy. But I find even the best of judgments fail. My decision is the one that matters.”

Avril hesitated, realizing what Ivy meant.

“I detest mincing words,” Ivy said plainly, choosing to clarify. “Your position isn’t guaranteed, Miss Ikrinas; I look to confirm my faculty’s choice. In this very meeting, perhaps.”

Instead of being struck by hesitance by this announcement, at the sudden non-guarantee of her prestigious role in Ravenwood, Avril rose to the challenge; her chest puffed out, her back somehow straightened further, and she stuck her chin out. 

“If I didn’t think myself the proper candidate,” she said proudly, “I wouldn’t have applied. Ask me anything you want, sir. You’ll find me an ideal representative.”

Ivy even believed her.

Yes, she was going to enjoy this.

She made a show of rolling her jaw, considering the proud blonde’s words. The cold, disapproving look even seemed to falter her. Some of the confidence drained away, though Ivy wouldn’t go so far as to say insecurity crept in.

“Tell me about yourself.”

A purposefully vague instruction. Ivy didn’t know much about Avril, beyond the general backstory Amy had given her.

“In what way, Headmaster?”

Ivy leveled a disappointed look at her. Which, to her satisfaction, had more of the confidence draining away, had her shifting from foot to foot.

“I –” she started, then stopped. Then, rallying, crossing her hands behind her and pulling her shoulders back in a power-pose, continued: “In twelve years of formal education, I’ve never once not been the top scorer of my class, whether that be in academics or combat – especially the latter, as is necessary for a Valkyrie. I’ve served in numerous leadership roles, but most notably, as squad leader in the Rising Youth Foundation.”

There was a brief pause as Avril waited for Ivy to acknowledge what she’d just said – clearly expecting her to be impressed, or at least recognize, the title. But Ivy didn’t. So she didn’t even need to feign the lack of interest.

Avril didn’t deflate, but she seemed disappointed. She continued. “Along with that, I have excellent public speaking skills, extensive experience managing small combat units, and of course, a respect for rules and authority – in enforcing when necessary, and advising when not.” She took a breath to keep going, but Ivy cut in.

“You seem very certain of yourself.”

“Is that not beneficial?” Avril challenged immediately. “With the state of things? The world needs figures who are confident. Larger than life – figures stepped from legend, capable of facing off against world-ending threats, as was the original intent of the Valkyrie. I can be that, for them. Will be that.” She inclined her head, and said quietly, “Like you were, Miss Drovelia.”

Ivy paused. 

“Were?” she echoed.

Avril paled.

“Are, I meant. Are!”

“Do you think me fallen from grace, Miss Ikrinas?” Ivy asked amusedly, digging into the mistake with ruthlessness. “No longer worthy of my titles? A decrepit thing, sent to oversee the newer generation because of fading mental faculties? Is that how you perceive my arrival?” 

Ivy wasn’t offended – genuinely, and obviously, because she had no claim to greatness in the first place. All of this was a lie.

“Of course not!” Avril stuttered. “Of course not. None living have done more for humanity – how absurd that assertion would be!” The stilted formal speech was coming out with even more prominence. “I would – I would – no, certainly not, Headmaster. Your presence here is surely your preferred placement?” She glanced curiously at her, then paled again. “Not that I’m asking for your intentions, of course, for being here. Not my place remotely. I simply –” She cut off, abruptly, realizing the train wreck.

Ivy greatly appreciated the crumbling composure; the stroke of fortune she’d had in the slip of phrasing, how disoriented it had made Avril, the accidental insulting of her apparent hero.

A heavy silence descended on them; one Ivy let stew and fester, keeping her face blank as marble. Avril grew visibly agitated, breathing picking up, a flush creeping up her neck, until apparently she couldn’t handle it anymore.

“A-A misphrasing, Headmaster Drovelia. I swear on my life. Please, you must believe me. I-I meant no disrespect.” And then, as if to give peace-offering, earnestly, “I had your poster on my wall, growing up. T-The one with the other Valiant, the white-and-golden uniforms. W-With you front and foremost. I always thought you were –” she cut off again, turning a brilliant red.

Ivy tilted her head. She hadn’t even needed to try for this meeting to collapse. She’d genuinely thought it would be a challenge, with how composed Avril had first been.

“Do you think me someone susceptible to flattery, Miss Ikrinas?”

Avril seemed nearing the point of tears, for a multitude of reasons. “N-No. Please,” she said desperately. “Of course not.”

“This is a very interesting first impression you’ve set.”

“I – I –”

She didn’t seem to have a way to defend herself. She crumbled further by the second.

Ivy sighed. “You mentioned combat prowess?” It was a pity offering – a way for Avril to get herself back on track. And Avril realized it. More than anything so far, the fact she’d needed to be offered a ‘way back on track’ demolished her confidence. She practically slouched in on herself.

“First in my class, always …” she mumbled. “Never once was I anything but the best …”

“And you were enrolled in some prestigious institutions. An impressive accomplishment.”

“Yes, Headmaster … I even placed above students years older …”

Ivy tapped her fingers against her desk.

“I think I’ve heard what I need,” she said. “Please return to your dormitory, Miss Ikrinas. You surely have duties before the semester begins.”

So thoroughly crumpled, so off-foot, Avril slumped out of Ivy’s office without even offering parting words.

94