Chapter 004
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decided to play along.

'Oh, what are you missing out on at the hot springs? Peaking on the women's side? Is my teacher a pervert? Don't worry, I'll give you lots to stare at! This world doesn't know what's coming for it! Lock your door and hide your daughters!' I joked in my mind.

'Oh? Really? Since when have you been the lady killer?' Gripton asked me in a tone that I didn't like.

'WHAT DID YOU SAY?!' I shouted in my mind.

'Am I lying?' Gripton asked, using one of those child-like voices meant to annoy people.

'Oh, I got the goods don't you worry, old man! I may not have a lot of lady experience, but I will learn!' I retorted, but the truth was that I didn't really have much experience with women.

At least, not in the way that I was referring to.

I was really good at helping them and not the worst listener, but that was the problem. I was always the one listening to problems and a shoulder to cry on.

As the saying goes, always the best man, but never the groom.

'You tend to be showy, so I thought it was a good time to put you in your place. Nobody will think it's cool to brag about things you haven't done. Cool is listening, and only talking when you know something,' Gripton explained to me.

Part of me knew that he was right, but my developed personality felt the need to argue.

'You're gonna give me lessons on being cool?' I asked in my head with a salty tone.

'No, I will try to stop you from making an idiot of yourself in front of others. My main goal is to teach you how to properly use your hands,' Gripton explained to me.

'Really? Gonna teach me that finger banging shit then?' I asked, sticking my pointer and index finger into the air in the motion I assumed was done in.

'This is exactly what I mean, see if...' Gripton started to say in an exasperated tone and let out a sigh.

I ignored the windbag as I finally reached the forest. The trees were taller than anything that I had seen before this, except in pictures.

The forest floor had very few leaves, and there was barely any moss. I wasn't really familiar with the forest or the wild by any means, but this forest looked like something out of a video game.

The one thing that was relieving was the fact that I could hear birds and insects. I am no wimp, but everyone knows if you went into a forest and heard no noises, nothing good would come of it.

Shaking the thoughts of a haunted forest off, I started to make my way into the tree line. That was when Gripton's voice cut into my mind louder this time.

'I'm giving you a pair of gloves so you don't start wreaking havoc on the world. Remember, the left is just as dangerous as the right in this world,' Gripton explained, but that one didn't make sense.

"What does it matter if I take the magic away from something? I mean, I get that it would be a jerk thing to do, but I am sure that some are going to need it, right? The bad guy and all?" I asked out loud as I started to wander into the forest.

Wander was the best word that I could think of to describe what I was doing. I had no idea where I was or going, but something told me that I was not on the same planet as before.

'Some creatures and beings survive on magic. Removing it, well, I'm sure you get the idea. Creatures like Nymphs, Sprites, Element based creatures would die because they are magical constructs,' Gripton explained, and I started to get it.

Then, a pair of white gloves fell from the air above me. I let them hit the ground, moving my hands out of the way.

Not in one million years.

"No," I said flatly.

'What do you mean, no?' Gripton asked me in confusion.

"I'm not Mickey Mouse or Michael Jackson! I will look like a fool wearing them! Is that how you want my first impression to be with the locals? If there are even any?" I said skeptically after stopping in front of the white gloves.

I looked around, but it was hard to see more than fifty feet in any direction. The trees had gotten thicker, but there was a clearing ahead that was filled with light.

'This also isn't Earth,' Gripton countered, but I didn't have it.

'No, Dorthey, I am not putting those on! If you can just make the gloves pop out of nowhere, you can give me a different pair! Ones that are not going to make me look like some weirdo! Whoever the people are here, I am sure that they aren't too fashion-forward!" I declared with a thrust of my finger into the air.

'THAT'S NOT MY NAME!' Gripton yelled in my head so loud that it actually echoed.

That was just as annoying as disturbing. I don't think that your head is supposed to sound like an empty concert hall.

'That's because you have a lot of extra space up there!' Gripton growled.

"That was a low blow! Take a chill pill, calm down! This is for both of our benefits!" I said with a laugh.

'Fine! Take these instead!' Gripton growled.

Black gloves fell, and I grabbed them out of the air and looked at them. They had red lines on them, and they fit perfectly… like a glove!

*Sigh* -Gripton.

"Hey! Not too bad, now I'll look like some badass!" I said as I flexed my hands inside the fitted gloves that felt made for me.

*Sigh* 'That is because they were made for you! Ugh, you are so frustrating! Gripton complained, but then I heard something.

"HELP!" A high-pitched voice cried out.

0