Chapter 008
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're quite cute and shy now, aren't you?" Kalita asked me.

I wasn't really the shy type, but I wasn't sure how to approach this situation. To tell the truth, I had a hard time not letting my eyes wander to trace every inch of Kalita's body.

"Just trying not to be rude and stare at your body, the clothes that you were wearing don't quite fit anymore," I said as I looked away.

"About that, how? How do I look like this now?" Kalita asked me.

"To tell you the truth, I am not sure. I have a special magic trick which is to give other things magic with my right hand or take away with my left," I explained, hoping not to sound weird, but her reply stunned me.

"That means you improved my magic," Kalita said with excitement.

That single sentence blew my mind.

I had thought that I was going to be the only person here that could use magic?! If this girl can use it, then just how many others can?!

"What? Your magic? You have magic?" I asked in bewilderment.

'Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you that! Everyone on the Planet of Leo has magic, but that isn't important right now! What in the Flying Ham Salad Sandwich is going on?!' Gripton nearly shouted.

Because of the shock of things, I decided I would let the near roar slide. This was quite the development, but I wasn't sure just how good this would be.

Something seemed off about this magic of mine. I was trying to ponder it but became extremely distracted by Kalita.

The woman was changing the size of her body at will. Not all of the forms were attractive.

There was one point where she looked to weigh about four hundred pounds. Kalita walked around like her weight had not changed.

I really had to give it to that little brown dress. Though, No matter how much Kalita changed, the dress never tore.

'Alright, what is going on? I need to reread this magic! Didn't I read it right?' Gripton mumbled in a distracted voice.

I was sent a mental image of a man pulling books off a shelf. This continued until he found the one he was looking for.

I say man because there was no way for me to describe him. Every attempt left me without words.

'What's wrong old man?' I asked in my mind as Kalita continued to mess around.

'Hold on. I'm checking something. The book of magic for Leo is completely empty, except for two pages. One of them is new, and the other is you. I wasn't sure what that meant, but now after looking at Kalita's page, I think I understand, partially,' Gripton explained, but then Kalita's voice shook me from my inner conversation.

"See? My magic before was to be able to alter my appearance slightly, but now I can alter my body any way I want! It's like you supercharged my magic!" Kalita said with excitement.

'Well, that could be worse, but there may be more to this power than meets the eye. People that you touch cannot hurt you or use their abilities to harm you in any way.' Gripton continued to explain but was choked.

'So you're telling me, you gave me the power to make everyone and everything way cooler than I am?' I exasperated in my mind.

'Really? That's your takeaway from this? I don't think you are fully gripping what I am saying. This is more than them not being able to hurt you; they cannot defy your wishes or will,' Gripton told me, and that stopped me in my tracks.

My previous concerns were dropped just like the feeling of my heart falling into my stomach like a rock. The implications of what Gripton had just told me were frightening.

'So you're telling me that anyone that I touch is under my control? They have to follow my will, even if that is to die?' I asked, starting to shake a bit.

'...Yes…' Gripton said cautiously.

'That is terrifying," I said as I felt ice creep into my veins.

'That is the correct answer. It is extremely terrifying, and none of that information was on the page when I offered you the power. With this power, you could easily become a tyrant and rule over everyone. The Humans only respect one thing, and that is power,' Gripton explained.

'Humans? So there are more races in this world than whatever Kalita is?' I asked, trying to divert the talk from the previous subject.

'Yes, but many of them have been corrupted. Hyde, this world is not going to be a picnic, and you will see many things that you can't unsee. Humans hate weakness, and any race that is not their own," Gripton explained, and I drew in a low and deep breath as a fire started to melt the previous ice.

This was similar to the problems from my old world, Racism. I would have to assume that has to be far worse here, but it was one of the things that I detested the most.

'That is also a good outlook moving forward, but there is more that I must explain. I was hoping that I could slowly educate you on the workings of this world. Unfortunately, with the development of your magic, we don't have that luxury. There is a river close; go get cleaned up, and turn your shirt inside out, for god's sake!' Gripton told me.

'Wait! I thought that you were god?!' I said in my mind, but that got a hearty laugh from the Great Gazoo.

'I am not god, but if you would like to think of me as that entity, by all means. That entity doesn't exist here. That figure is a religious ideal from your last world. There are religions in this world, but they are nothing like you are used to. Now stop dawdling, I have a good amount of explaining to do, and you need a bath!' Gripton ordered me.

'There you go with ordering me around again. You know I thought we were getting somewhere!' I complained.

'Fine, put it this way then! If you don't go have a bath, the woman does not want to go anywhere near you!' Gripton told me with a chuckle.

I groaned and cursed under my breath, but only because he was right. That was starting to get annoying!

0