Chapter 010
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The problem was that I did it out loud, and Kalita seemed to notice.

"What is so humorous?" Kalita asked in confusion.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about what the women of my town would think of what you just said," I lied, but it was better than saying what really happened.

"Oh, Well, I guess that kind of makes sense," Kalita said, still looking confused.

"I am impressed with how your magic works. The thing is, I am new to the area and kind of lost. Do you have a village nearby?" I asked, trying to distract Kalita from the previous topic.

"Oh yes! My husband will love this new increase in my magic! You will have to meet him! Once we find Thurman, we can take you back to our village!" Kalita said with excitement that almost exploded out of her.

Both of us were climbing out of the water as Kalita dropped the bomb. That bit of info caught me off guard, and I immediately felt a stone drop into my stomach.

I froze for only the briefest of moments as I stepped out of the water, but Kalita didn't notice. Once I was in the dirt, I started to make myself busy using my hands to wick away the water.

"…Your husband?" I asked as casually as I could.

"Yes, he will probably be looking for me. We got separated hunting that giant spider. They have been a lot more active lately, and the webs have been getting closer to our village," Kalita explained as I started to ring my clothes dry.

"Sounds good. Lead the way," I said, a bit more robotic than I wanted to, but again, Kalita didn't seem to notice.

'Well, It was a good try, but don't lose hope! She is offering to take you to a village with more people and maybe more women, right?' Gripton explained to me, trying to cheer me up.

'Thanks, but something about this is bothering me. I get that Kalita must be in love with this guy, but the way she lit up when talking about him was almost unnatural, right?' I replied in my mind.

Before Gripton could reply, I was distracted by the sound of a booming male voice.

"KALITA!" The loud voice echoed through the forest.

"THURMAN!" Kalita squealed, running off in the direction of Thurman's voice.

Seeing her taking off to leave, I called out to Kalita.

"Wait!" I yelled out before she could get too far.

Kalita immediately slowed down at my call. I needed to get some things straight before she ran off.

"Yes?" Kalita asked after finally stopping.

"Before you go, there are a couple things. Please come back, and then we will go together, okay?" I asked, and Kalita jogged back down the hill she had run up, nodding.

"Sure! What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Kalita asked me.

"Don't go telling people about my power, okay? Because it's a lot more complicated than what you think happened. You were lucky that something bad didn't happen, so let's just keep it between you and me and shorten your hair back," I explained to her, but the change happened before I could finish speaking.

This was the first time that I had seen a look of disappointment on her face. I could understand how she felt, but things needed to be like this until I figured things out.

I also didn't like how Kalita followed my every order without fail. That was disturbing, and I would have to be careful how I worded things from now on.

"Umm, I guess, if I have to. I was just really," Kalita tried to complain, and she even looked good doing that, but I had to cut her off.

At least the woman still had the mind to complain, but now was not the time for it. I was sure that whoever this Thurman guy was, he would be heading towards the sound of Kalita's voice.

"I know, but once we are in the village and I talk to the… Elders, or whatever you call them. After I figure out some things, we can reveal your new powers. Deal?" I explained, but she still looked disappointed.

"I guess so; I trust you; you did save me. Even if you were going to walk away!" Kalita accused me while glaring at me.

"I'm sorry about that, I'm new, and I don't really have any good excuses. I won't let it happen again," I explained.

That got me a smile that made me feel a bit better before she ran off. I didn't want to restrict Kalita, but I had no idea what kind of people were in her village.

I was also worried about whatever seemed to be wrong with the woman. Something about her crazy change in attitude when she said Thurman's name.

'Well, I have to give you some credit there. Smart move. It could be dangerous to let people know about your powers. Someone may try to force you to do it to them,' Gripton explained.

That was most of my point, but I also didn't want to get stuck in a tiny place. There was an entire world to explore, so I didn't want to get stuck taking care of people.

'You will not be stuck if you help people! They need your help! There is evil all over the world, and I brought you here to deal with it!' Gripton raged in my mind as I started to jog.

I had to start running a lot faster to catch up to Kalita. I followed as fast as I could, and I'm not slow by any means, but that little Goblin could move.

It was all I could do to keep her in my sights. Within minutes, we stumbled onto a six-foot-tall monster of a man.

He had dark green hair and pointed ears like the Goblin. The part that bothered me was the stupid smile on his face.

"Thurman!" Kalita squealed.

"Oh, my little Goblin! I was worried about you when I lost sight of you and the spider. Who is this hairless man in those strange black shorts?" The muscular man with only a hyde loincloth asked as I caught up.

'Oh, that's rich! Even the big idiot calls her the same!' I jested in my head as I slowed down.

'Well, she does look similar!' Gripton replied back.

0