Chapter 1- And the Wedding Bell Rung
426 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat on a old grimy bench as time almost seemed frozen to me. My head facing down to the cement head in between my knees. Cheers sounded in the near area as cries of the happy couple made their vows, it was almost like the church shook with all the noise. But I guess it was partially just my imagination, especially since all that excitement seemed all the more loud since I didn’t want to hear it. 

“Ah Jess…”, my sigh resounded with a tender bitterness. 

I was supposed to be in there with the rest of the crowd for her big day but instead I was sitting out here, but I can’t help it. She was my first love a love I wasn’t supposed to have according to her. 

We did what I thought was dating, kissing, hugging, loving, but to her she was just experimenting she said. She said, she said, a lot of fucked up things, and ended up marrying this douchebag guy twice her age some corporate ceo. 

Looking up at the sky the cold air rushed back to touch my warm skin that was once hidden in my legs. 

“Why did I even come here in the first place”, I muttered aloud, it was a ridiculous idea from the start.”

Grabbing the two litre wine bottle I had laying beside me I popped it open ripping the cork out haphazardly. Giving a big swig to the bitter substance didn’t release much of the pain but it did taste good at the very least. Man, even my classy black and white suit had become disheveled while I was out here perfectly matching my wine drinking habits at the moment. 

A loud noise sounded behind me as a car slammed and a women  around mid thirties came barreling out. 

I felt pity for her as she seemed just like me likely irresponsible drunk to hide her sorrows. But what really caught my eye wasn’t her bright ginger hair or white dress, it was a black duffle bag. Out of it she pulled a black, long object, and started what I would assume is loading it and going in the direction of the wedding. 

This reeked of bad news she was moving like a women on a mission and I didn’t have much time to decide. Despite my apprehension I stumbled back to my full height and walked towards this mystery women before she entered the building.

Side stepping in front of her I saw the surprise come up immediately almost disrupting her from her current objective. 

“Hey there, I don’t know what you’re doing, or planning, but this ain’t it. It’s not worth it.”

“…”, not replying and increasingly annoyed she kept on trying to pass by me without much success. 

I don’t know if it was because of my alcoholic buzz or just general lack of awareness in that moment, but I kept on going. 

“Listen those fucks hurt me too but whatever you wanna do will end up worse for you okay?” 

She flashed me now what was very clearly an automatic weapon of sorts and gave me a pitiful grimace before saying, “I don’t need to hurt you, move.”

Stupid decision upon stupid decision piling up now, for some reason I came to the ‘rational’ decision of trying to pry the gun from her. There wasn’t really any reason for me to do this I shouldn’t risk my life for that lot. But at the same time I didn’t want to have the weight of having somebody die on my shoulders. 

And so the fight ensued, surprisingly I managed to grapple the gun beginning quite the wrestling contest. This didn’t contend for very long as I failed to recognize she was on the trigger. 

BANG 

I staggered back abruptly to feel a sharp pain in my chest, then a rush of blood coming out. 

All of the energy felt as though it had been sapped out of me so much so I couldn’t even scream in pain, or sorrow. 

Slumped down to the rigid ground I saw the women who shot me, ironically shocked at the outcome, having become frozen. Crying and screaming and slewing a mantra of “Why didn’t you move!” or “ I’m so sorry”.  

The world faded to black as sirens began to sound and yet another gun shot went off, before finally it was all over…

“Well well well, I really don’t know what you were expecting to achieve with that little display ‘Miss Hero’, really quite pathetic frankly,” a sing-songy feminine voice remarked sounding as though they were about to laugh. 

“Congratulations Leona, you’re dead! Hahhh!”

16