Chapter 1: The Alchemists and evil
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This world is a mysterious and dangerous one… Reality to us is a dream… we kill that which is evil, but we are not righteous… no nobody is… If you wish to face evil, then you must allow your sins to be your strength… My name is Takeshi Ishikawa, 17 years old and I am a Bloody Alchemist…

 

 

Shinjuku District of Tokyo Japan

In a small apartment located on the westside of Shinjuku

Time: 7:30 am

BEEP BEEP BEEP

“Fuck sakes… Not Nooooow!”

I whine like a little child, not wanting to return to that hell that people call school, I just wish I could just sleep forever but that would mean a coma or death.

I push myself to get up from by bed before I mistakenly fall back to sleep again, now that would be a fucking disaster. I proceed to turn off my alarm clock, the sound can wake you up and also get on your nerves. It’s Whatever though I should go freshen up. I turn on the lights so I don’t go tripping on stuff like I’m some blind bat… if that makes any sense

I take a look at my calendar, and I see it’s the start of a new week. It reads ‘Monday 28th of September’ Hmm I guess it’s gonna be getting cold soon, we’re already in the season of Autumn.

 

(Third person Narration)

Takeshi proceeds to the bathroom to take care of his need for the toilet and then brushed his teeth and then finally took a shower. Later on, he put on his school uniform which consisted of a white short sleeves’ shirt, black trousers and white shoes, this dress style was for the hot weather, the uniform also consisted of a blazer for the cold seasons. Takeshi Usually wore his school uniform with some added modifications. He wore a white long-sleeved T-Shirt inside the school shirt, he then wore his trousers and added a chain which he connected to his belt and the wore a pair of white Nike Air Force one shoes. For accessories he wore a wristwatch and a puzzle ring.

This dress style would lead people to consider Takeshi to be a delinquent, especially in his school; most teachers would complain about it but that’s just how he dressed when he used to live in the USA.

His nationalities were American and Japanese, his mom was from Japan and his Dad American. Takeshi lived most of his life in the US with his parents until they were assassinated when he was at the age of fifteen. He was then taken in by his uncle (From his mother’s side). His uncle looked after him till he was sixteen then decided to let him live on his own while he worked in Osaka. It had been year since he last saw his uncle, but they still kept in touch with each other from time to time.

 

Takeshi had to start a new life in Japan and things were not very easy for him, losing his parents at such a young age and living in a new country, having to adapt to the environment and language. He would usually get mocked and get called “Foreigner” because he took most of his appearance traits from his father, but his uncle told him that he had his mother eyes. Fortunately, He was able to withstand all the problems and live his life just as he wanted, not caring about the opinion of others but sometimes being alone and having no friends sometimes disturbed him.

 

After Dressing up, He proceeded to make breakfast. He turned on his small television to liven up his apartment with some sound, he changed to the channel that was playing the morning news. He then went on to cook up an omelette for his breakfast with two slices of toast bread and orange juice.

He watched the news as he ate quickly so he wouldn’t run late to school.

The news reported about some strange disappearances of people around Shinjuku. The victims had not been found till now, some were even considered dead.

“Hmm this stuff is getting pretty serious, it’s safe to not stay out too late at night” he said to himself. Short minutes later he finished his breakfast and then grabbed his bag and then proceeded to leave his apartment, turning off the lights and TV and then walking out the door and locking it.

He put on his headphones and then played his music so he could prepare himself for another dreadful day at school, it was basically a normal morning routine fore him. He proceeded to go towards the bus stop where he could catch a bus that usually goes towards his school.

(Song playing: Bleach by Zillakami https://youtu.be/iK4pINjFAjc)

 

Few minutes later he had reached the stop and was able to arrive before the bus left. He got in and took a seat near the windows so he could have a good view, passing buildings, people and so on. As he looked through the window glass, he got deep into his thought.

“This is my last year of high school… I wonder what I’m gonna do when I finish… I mean Im doing pretty fine in my academics, but I don’t think I wanna go to college and all that crap…. Maybe I’ll return to the US so I can work more on my music Career.”

Although Takeshi was good in his academics, he wasn’t really interested in furthering his education in a college, instead he wanted to start a career in music. He was talented in making lyrics and he had good vocals. He was more into genres like grunge rock, rap and metal so he worked on making songs based on them. Currently he didn’t have the right tools and equipment to record, he only had his laptop where he could make instrumentals and mix different sounds on with the help of a music app.

“Hmm maybe I should get a part time job… but where though?” he thought.

He was thinking of working in a manga store, since he was a big fan of those. His favourite manga series were Bleach, Gantz, Berserk and Sun ken rock. Working at a Manga store could possibly lead to free manga and the other goody stuff.

“Maybe I’ll go check out that manga shop that’s not so far from my apartment building, they could probably be hiring. I really am in need the money… even though Uncle does his best to send me some money… I gotta be a man of my own and earn my own cash… I’m sure he would be happy about that although I just wish he was around, the place just feels dead without him and unfortunately, I don’t have a girlfriend that would come visit me and stay with me for some nights... it sucks to be a virgin”

As he began to drown in his misery, he noticed that the bus was getting close to his school bus stop.

“Well, here we go again…”

 

Once the bus reached, Takeshi exited it and the started walking towards the school gate before it closed, he arrived just in time neither early nor late. The school bell rung which signalled for all the students to enter inside the building and get to classes so they could start first period.

As Takeshi entered the school compounds and walked inside the building, he saw some other students, both boys and girls who were chatting with each other and not caring if they were late to class. He recognised them to be the delinquents of the school, the boys were dressed a bit rough and the girls were dressed a bit provocative, showing off some cleavage and revealing their legs with the short skirts they wore plus the make up and accessories which gave them an attractive and arousing look and it’s no surprise that their boyfriends were the delinquents or as they like to say “The cool guys”

Takeshi had gotten into a few rough encounters with them through the past years. Fortunately, Takeshi knew how to defend himself in fights and verbal disputes. He learnt how to fight from his father who was a skilled martial artist and his uncle who used to serve in the military. With all that Takeshi was not afraid, sometimes he was a hot head when he was in heated situations; there was even a time where he beat up two guys that tried to bully him and from that moment, he became a very difficult target for the delinquents to trouble so instead they just mocked and insulted him.

Nevertheless, Takeshi would just ignore them even when they really got on his nerves, it wasn’t worth fighting and then getting into trouble which could lead to a suspension or worse, expulsion from school.

 

As he entered the school, he took off his headphones and then moved quickly to his classroom before the teacher for first period arrived.

As he got to his classroom, he took a sit at his desk which was at the middle of the classroom in the midst of other desks. He and his classmates all waited for their teacher for first period arrive. Takeshi looked around and saw that things were still the same, it was still the same old boring class. He overheard his male classmates talking about a famous female model who was a student from another school, and she was in the same year as them.

“Tch these dudes keep on talking like they’ll ever get a chance with the girl…well I don’t have a chance either… that girl is probably hanging out with some rich dudes…wonder how it feels to have the attention…could be pressuring…”

As Takeshi was deep in his thoughts about the Teen model, the teacher finally arrived. All the students arose and greeted the teacher and with that they sat back down, and classes had begun.

 

Few hours passed and the Fifth period was in place. Takeshi and his classmates were listening to what they were being taught but not all though; some were distracted, and some had dosed off to a nap and Takeshi too was not paying much attention, he had different thoughts of his own, daydreaming about random things. Strangely he saw his surroundings warping; the warp made him dizzy, it was like he was being transferred to a different reality, he looked at his classmates and teacher and they had no reactions, more like they had no idea what was going on.

“What the hell? Can’t you guys see what’s going on? HEY!!”

Takeshi tried to get their attention, but they didn’t even look at him, they paid him no attention, it was as if he was a ghost. As reality continued to warp, he became very nauseous, his body became weak, his eyes were being tired from being open. With all this, his brain and nerves could not take it anymore, he fell to the ground unconscious.

His body and consciousness were transferred to another distorted reality. What the next moments, probably minutes, probably hours held in store for Takeshi was going to change him for the rest of his days.

 

A new strong being shall be born, the future is uncertain for what he shall become, maybe a Hero? Or a Villain? Only time will tell with the choices he shall make and the allies and company he shall keep.

 (art for Takeshi)

 Concept art for Takeshi Appearance

To be continued....

1