Chapter 5 – Death Game (5)
3.1k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It looks like the enemy escaped.”

“Huh?”

“The one attacking our base. He escaped after receiving some injuries.” The ice-cold woman said briefly.

Aleen nodded after hearing the woman. The truth was, he was unable to feel any joy after hearing it. After all, everything felt too surreal to him yet. At most, he was a bit worried about the wellbeing of the other humans that came with him.

After walking for another two minutes, the pair finally reached their goal. Aleen could see the enemy base’s shape two hundred meters away.

During the way, Aleen discovered that not only were his muscles enhanced; his other senses like hearing or eyesight were enhanced too. Currently, he was able to see some details from far away after concentrating slightly.

Because of it, he was able to see the situation in the enemy’s base.

Immediately, he noticed something odd with the enemy group.

They… They are not human!

Actually, the enemy’s pawns were not humans. Instead, they were a kind of tall green-skinned humanoid creatures. Aleen was unable to identify what race they were.

However, it was apparent that the woman knew about them.

“Orcs.”

“Orcs? They exist?”

“Of course.” The woman answered. “Orcs are one of the common races between dimensions. Though they don’t qualify to be a first-rate race, they can be considered a pretty good one between the second-rate races.”

“First-rate?”

“You don’t need to know about it now.” The woman replied. “it's enough if you know that humans are considered a first-rate race though.”

Aleen though that it sounded cool, though he was unable to understand what it means.

“It looks like you are here.” A voice said suddenly from a side.

Aleen turned his head to see a man and a woman appear before them. He recognized immediately the pair like the ones that wake him up.

The man was called John and the woman… Amelia?

“How is everything going?” The Ice-cold woman asked curtly after the pair appeared.

“Ron and Knila are chasing the orc that attacked the base. Psim found an enemy on his way here and is fighting against him; and us three… four, are here. Two Level Five enemies are in the base and the other two are fighting the others. I don’t know where the last enemy is though.” John said.

Aleen supposed that Knila and Psim were the names of the other two.

“Is it so?” The woman answered. “Do you have a plan?”

John thought briefly before pointing to the woman beside him. “Though she is just Level three, Amelia is pretty good with AEO attacks. She will be ideal to attack first and create chaos in the enemy lines. We can rush immediately after while she supports us with suppressive attacks. We take the flag, kill some orcs and return. What do you think?”

“Simple enough.”

“Very well, we’ll do it. Amelia, you can start. Make sure of not being noticed before beginning the attack.”

“Understood teacher.” The blue dressed woman answered seriously before raising her hands and closing her eyes.

“W-Wait! What am I going to do?” Aleen asked nervously.

John looked towards him briefly before looking to the ice-cold woman in doubtfully. She only looked coldly towards Aleen and spoke.

“You wait here while hiding. I will shout if I need you to do something.”

“U-Understood.”

"I don't understand why you brought the boy with you. What use can he have in this situation?" Asked John.

"I have an idea I want to try if things don't go well. Maybe he can be of help then."

Aleen felt a bit useless after hearing her words. Though after thinking about it again, their indications seemed pretty safe, so he didn’t say anything else.

While they were speaking, Amelia continued with her eyes closed and hands raised. After a few seconds, Aleen noticed something odd happening around her.

It felt a bit like the energy inside his body but different at the same time. Different than the energy inside his body it felt hot, like if the space around them were being burned. Aleen could not help but feel something intimidated before the situation.

“W-What is happening?”

“Huh? You can feel it?” John asked. “Not bad, youngster. It looks like you have a bit of talent after all. To think that you were able to feel the movement of her mana.”

Examining Aleen expression, the man smiled briefly before explaining.

“It is one of Amelia skills. It creates a space filled with heat around a target. Pretty good skill for a Level three. A shame that she is unable to control it correctly and need a long time to cast it; otherwise, it would be a great skill.”

“… Skill?”

“… You don’t know about skills?” John asked with a surprised tone.

“The boy comes from a recently discovered dimension. A manaless one from what I can see.” The ice-cold woman said.

“I see. I think I heard about a plane being discovered recently. I guess that is the reason because this group of pawns was so useless.”

Aleen could not help but feel like a strange animal after hearing the pair comments. He could not blame anyone but his common sense for it, though.

“I’m ready.” Finally, Amelia opened her eyes after half a minute. Aleen felt the sensation of heat around her intensifying. He felt like if a flame were burning by his side.

“Very well.” John answered. “Try to block the enemy Level five’s sights and kill all the pawns you can. Even though they are weak, they can become a bother when too many are reunited.”

“Understood.” Immediately, Amelia closed her eyes and pointed with her hand towards the enemy’s base. Then, Aleen witnessed the most incredible scene he saw in his life until now.

In the middle of the enemy camp, a gigantic flame appeared suddenly; burning everything on its way.

Aleen could see the orcs’ bodies burning brightly amidst the flames while they cried from the pain. The scene was so beautiful as it was terrifying. For a moment, strong nausea filled him.

But then, two strong roars resounded.

“ROAR!!!”

Immediately, John and the woman took their swords.

“Let’s go! Amelia, stay behind me!”

“Yes, teacher!”

Then, John and the Ice-cold woman rushed towards the enemy camp. Their speed was so fast that Aleen was only able to notice them after they moved fifty meters. On the other hand, two gigantic orcs rushed from the enemy's side.

A second later, the two groups met each other.

40