Chapter 75 – A Fated Meeting (5)
1.3k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Are you fine?” With a worried expression, Aleen asked Claire while examining her.

When he noticed the wounds on her body, his expression turned enraged, but he suppressed it knowing that the one responsible was already dead.

Claire held her brother arm with a hand while sobbing softly; at the same time, she used her other hand to wipe away her tears. “Brother… brother…”

Aleen patted her head when he saw it, and tried to calm her down. “Don’t worry, it’s alright now!”

Claire only nodded and continued sobbing.

At that moment, the silver-haired girl stood up suddenly and held the cat in her arms; she then looked briefly towards Aleen and Claire before running away.

Aleen finally remembered that there was someone else in the alley when he saw the girl run. Claire also stopped sobbing when she heard the noise of the silver-haired girl running and looked towards her.

Extending her hand, she shouted. “Hey, wait…!”

But the silver-haired girl continued running.

“Hey!” Claire called again with another shout, but the girl didn’t stop. Seeing, it, she gave up and lowered her hand depressed. “I didn’t thank her….”

“Who was her?” Asked Aleen curiously.

“She saved my life…” Claire replied softly. “But I don’t know who she is.”

Aleen nodded briefly when he heard it. “I see. We also have to go; the police will be here soon.” He then grabbed the sword on the ground and put it in his ring.

Claire nodded and tried to walk, but she immediately fell down. Aleen extended his hands and caught her. “What happened?”

“I injured my foot.”

Aleen looked down and saw that her ankle was swollen. Apparently, the injury in her ankle worsened when she was running away from the robber.

Aleen frowned briefly before shaking his head. Before she could react, he lifted her and carried her body on his arms.

Claire made a soft cry of surprise, but she didn’t stop him. Aleen smiled briefly and then began to run.

 

 

Three minutes later, the police finally reached the place.

Quickly, they cordoned off the place and began to ask the people in the surroundings about what happened.

A bit later, two men in black coats stepped down from a car.

If Aleen would have been here, he would have recognized them as the two agents that came to his house to ask some questions.

The two men showed their badges to the policemen cordoning off the area and entered the crime scene. They advanced directly towards the body of the crazed robber.

When they saw the beheaded body lying on the ground, both furrowed their brows.

“What happened here?” Agent Wilson asked a policeman nearby.

“We don’t know, sir.” The policeman replied. “We found the corpse when we came, but we cannot find the one responsible or the weapon used to kill the man.”

The two agents frowned deeply. “Nobody saw anything?”

“Unfortunately, no. Everybody was hiding when the man was killed and nobody saw who killed him.”

A thoughtful expression appeared on agent Wilson’s face. “It doesn't make sense. Interrogate every person nearby again and look into the nearby security cameras to check if they caught something… Also, check if any of our suspects was nearby when it happened.

“Yes sir.”

Agent Wilson dismissed the policeman and continued observing the corpse carefully.

Thinking about all the damage caused by just one superhuman out of control, he could not help but worry about the future.

 

 

“Fortunately, it was nothing serious.” A male nurse said while checking Claire’s ankle. “You only need to apply a bit of this ointment on your injury and rest for a few days and everything will be alright.”

Aleen sighed in relief hearing it. “Thank you, doctor.”

“It’s nothing.” He replied while pushing his glasses up. “It must have been hard for you to be involved in an incident like this.”

Aleen and Claire only smiled tiredly.

“I’ll be going then, there are other patients to treat.”

Aleen and Claire thanked him again and the nurse left the room.

Currently, Aleen and Claire were inside the infirmary of the shopping mall.

After rescuing Claire and killing the crazy man, Aleen took Claire here quickly and the nurse attended her immediately. A few minutes later, a policeman entered the infirmary and explained what happened, asking the nurse to accompany him to treat the injured.

When the nurse left, Aleen sighed again before frowning worriedly.

“Is anything wrong, brother?” Claire asked.

Aleen thought for a moment before replying in a grave tone. “We probably are in trouble this time.”

“What do you mean?”

“... I used my skill when killing that man. I fear that someone will come soon to ask me about it.”

Claire’s expression changed immediately.

“Someone saw when you used it?”

Aleen shook his head slightly. “Nobody was near beside the girl that helped you, but there are many security cameras around here… And even if I was not caught in a camera, it’ll be bad if the girl speaks with the police.”

Claire frowned when she heard it. “Do you have a plan?”

“None.” Aleen replied while shaking his head. “I can only face it how it comes.”

At that moment, another policeman entered the infirmary and spoke to them. “Are you alright? Can you answer some questions?”

Aleen and Claire looked at each other and nodded at the same time.

“Very well, can you explain to me what did you see?”

Aleen nodded and told the policeman the things that Claire told him. Of course, he lied about Claire being chased by the man or him killing the man, and only said that her wounds were due to avoiding the car. 

The policeman wrote his declaration and thanked him before leaving the infirmary.

Once the policeman was gone, Aleen sighed in worry. Now, he could only pray that the silver-haired girl doesn’t be found by the police, and hope that he wasn't caught in a camera when using his skill.

Shaking his head, he sent those thoughts to a corner of his mind and looked to Claire. “Do you want to go home?”

Claire hesitated for a moment and nodded with a slightly depressed expression.

“I’m sorry, brother. You were unable to relax because of me…”

Aleen smiled softly. “Don’t worry about it, though it’s a shame that we didn’t get the bear.”

Claire’s lips curved up when she heard it. She then spoke in a very soft tone. “Idiot.”

Guys, consider rating the story if you like it. It only will take a few seconds...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

20