Chapter 84 – Zombies (5)
1.2k 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Only one chapter tonight... Also, rate the story if you like it...

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!”

The entire group made surprised expressions when they heard the shrill-like scream.

Immediately after it, Aleen saw a zombie rushing towards their position from a corridor nearby and his expression contorted in rage.

“Dammit!”

Without waiting for the rest of the group to react, he rushed towards the zombie at high speed and slashed with his sword, beheading it in a single movement.

However, the harm was already done.

Aleen could hear the noises made by the zombies outside rushing towards this building.

The rest of the group finally understood what had happened, and their faces filled with panic. Aleen, however, shouted hurriedly.

“Hurry and leave the building! We cannot get trapped here or everybody will die!”

Then, without waiting for them to answer, he rushed to the entrance.

A zombie that was entering the building at that moment opened its mouth to scream when it saw the living beings inside, but Aleen pierced it with his sword before it could let out a sound. But before he could relax, he saw more zombies behind it.

And even more zombies behind them.

Aleen knew that there was nothing that they could do to avoid being discovered by the horde of zombies now.

However, if he could earn even a few seconds more of time, it would be useful.

So, he pounced towards the monsters and sliced, slashed and pierced with his sword, stopping the nearby zombies from screaming.

The zombies behind looked to Aleen with disturbing expressions of hunger, and rushed towards him crazily, but what waited for them was the blade of Dark Night. In seconds, Aleen killed at least nine zombies.

When the rest of the group left the building, they only saw the rotten bodies beheaded and sliced in half, with no sign of life remaining.

However, they didn’t have time to be surprised.

Because though Aleen prevented the zombies nearby from screaming, the ones farther away noticed the commotion.

Then, another scream resounded.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!”

Followed by the screams of more zombies.

“AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!”

“UUUUUOOOOORRRRRKKKKKKK!!!”

“AIEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!”

“Dammit, dammit! Hurry up, we need to leave this place as fast as possible!” Aleen shouted.

The group’s faces were pale, but they didn’t hesitate to follow Aleen’s order. They ran with all their strength away from the zombies.

Aleen guided the group in the direction of the central building, but more and more zombies were joining the chase. Sometimes, zombies appeared in front of them and Aleen had to kill them quickly before they slow the group.

‘Dammit! At this rate, we’ll be surrounded!’

For a moment, Aleen entertained the thought of using his skill and leave the group behind. He was sure that he could escape alone with the help of his skill and the rest of the group distracting the zombies.

But in the end, he decided to not do it.

After all, though the situation was grave, it was not completely hopeless yet.

Besides, from a certain point of view, this situation was due to Aleen’s mistake.

When he entered the building, the first thing he should have done was ensure that there weren’t more zombies inside.

However, because he paid too much attention to the group crossing the street, it escaped his mind completely.

Yeah, it was a great example of inexperience.

Aleen suppressed those thoughts and concentrated his mind on the current situation. It was not the time to dwell on his mistakes after all.

But he made his mind. If he saw that the situation was hopeless and he could do nothing to help them, he would use his skill and leave them behind.

Aleen cut another zombie with his sword and observed the condition of the group. Fortunately, all of them had been enhanced before entering the game, so their speed was pretty fast and their stamina wasn’t going to run out soon. However, Aleen knew that it was only a matter of time. If they continued running like this for another ten or fifteen minutes, they will eventually get tired and slow down.

Yes, running was not the solution. He had to find a way to leave the zombies behind, and it had to be soon, or all the monsters in the city will be attracted here.

Aleen looked to the surroundings frantically, but he could not think of anything.

‘Think, think…’

Suddenly, Aleen saw something from a corner of his sight.

Stairs.

The stairs went directly until the fifth floor of a building; but most importantly, it had a tall fence preventing the access to it.

Aleen immediately ran towards it.

“Hurry up, towards the stairs!” He shouted.

The others made startled expressions, but they didn’t hesitate and followed him.

Aleen then turned around and shouted hurriedly while killing the zombies near them.

“Climb to the other side! Quickly!”

Expressions of understating appeared on their faces, and they immediately began to climb. The first to climb was a bodyguard, followed by the scion girl and the second bodyguard; the rest continued after them.

At that moment, Aleen saw a small shadow rushing towards them from a building on the other side of the street.

The shadow was fast and nimble, and in just one second, it was already before him.

“A dog!?” Aleen exclaimed surprised, before slashing towards it with his sword.

The animal, however, avoided the slash narrowly and distanced itself from Aleen, baring its fangs threateningly. Aleen finally got a good look at its appearance.

It seemed like a dog, but not from any race he knew. Aleen wasn’t sure if it was because the dog had been infected, or because it was from a race that didn’t exist on earth.

The beast was covered in dried blood, and one of its eyes was destroyed. Aleen, however, noticed that it was very fast despite just being a level one.

While he was observing it, the beast jumped again towards Aleen.

But though it was fast, it was nothing compared to Aleen, a level two focused in speed.

Aleen circulated a bit of mana through his body and took a step forward. With a smooth movement, he slashed with his sword from the right and drew a line on the beast’s neck.

The dog’s continued forward despite it, but Aleen stepped aside skillfully and evaded its attack. When the dog touched the ground, its head flew away automatically, and a fountain of rotten blood flowed from its neck.

Aya and the others, who were observing the situation from the stairs, could not hide their expressions of awe after seeing such an incredible scene.

Aleen didn’t remain there after he killed the dog. Once he confirmed that everybody was on the other side, he gave a jump, grabbed the top of the fence, and impulsed himself to the other side.

Without waiting for the others to react, he shouted. “What are you waiting here for!? This will not stop them for long!”

They nodded hurriedly and went up to the fifth floor.

Consider supporting me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

The tiers are now like this.

$1 = 1 Chapter ahead.

$3 = 3 Chapters ahead.

$5 = 5 Chapters ahead.

$10 = 10 Chapters ahead.

 

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

19