Chapter 134 – Power (2)
803 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Firstly, I'm sorry for the lack of chapters. As I said before, a problem surged where I work and I have to spend the last few days working overtime (My hours of sleep did not surpass five). Fortunately, It's mostly done now.

It’s is pretty late (or early) where I live, but I wanted to post at least one chapter today, releases will return to normal now.

I'll post one chapter daily the next two days and start posting the chapters I owe this weekend...

Aspects are the manifestation of an individual attunement to the laws.

They grant certain boosts to the user and help to strengthen the body. But it’s not their most important function.

Their most important function is to determine the kind of skills someone can get.

Aleen’s aspect is lightning, so besides a small boost to speed, it’s easier for him to acquire skills related to lightning. Even if he acquires skills of other aspects, like space or time, it will a few times harder and less compatible that lightning-related ones.

The level-three dran, on the other hand, possessed a completely different aspect.

‘Power’.

It’s a very rare aspect, with very few people being born with it in each generation, but it’s as powerful as it’s rare.

This aspect only has a characteristic, overpower. But just this characteristic makes it frightening. If taken at the limit, it can crush and destroy everything.

Unfortunately, the level-three dran was very far from that level.

Of course, his current level was frightening enough.

The level-three dran looked at Aleen in excitement and took a boxing stance. He then curved his lips upwards and moved.

His movements could be described as explosive. If Aleen was fast and sharp, then he was heavy and overwhelming. With each step he took, a crater was left on the ground and his body was shot forward.

When he was just a few meters away from Aleen, he swung his punch.

But Aleen avoided the attack skillfully. He used Dynamic Sight and Lightning Movement at the same time and moved at the perfect moment. His level of control over Lightning Movement was incredible. He used it only when it was necessary, and turned it off when he did not need it. Like that, he could save mana and wait for the perfect opportunity.

But it only made his enemy more excited. The level-three dran grinned in delight and continued chasing after Aleen, throwing punches left and right and trying to corner him.

Aleen could only move constantly to avoid the attacks. Although he had the advantage in speed, all his remaining specs were far below his enemy. He was sure that he could not endure even a blow from him, and his attacks could not go through his defense.

A tank, it was as Aleen saw the level-three dran.

Twisting his body, Aleen evaded another punch. He circled behind the man and stabbed towards his chest, but the same layer of light appeared and stopped the attack. At the same time, a kick came from below and aimed at Aleen's chest.

Aleen stepped backward and stabbed again, this time towards the head. The level-three moved his head aside and used his shoulder to try to ram Aleen.

Feeling the strength behind that attack, Aleen cursed under his breath and moved back again. In seconds, he appeared a few meters away from the level-three dran.

A layer of sweat had formed on Aleen’s forehead. He could feel that the injuries he suffered before were beginning to take his toll. At the current rate, he did not know how long he could endure.

The level-three dran looked in direction of Aleen and frowned briefly. “You are pretty good at running, huh…”

“… Well, I would like to kill you directly, but unfortunately, my strength doesn’t leave me with another option.”

“Hahaha. How funny! Hey kid, if you are so good evading, why don’t you try to evade this?!”

With a confident gaze, the level-three dran charged towards Aleen fiercely. Aleen remained calm and made use of Dynamic Sight to observe the man's movements.

There surely was a reason why the level-three dran was so confident this time, so Aleen did not dare to be negligent. He was prepared to escape at the first sign that something was wrong.

But when the man was halfway of reaching Aleen, he clenched his hand.

Aleen’s expression changed immediately. He felt the air tightening around him, and his movements slowed down. Without hesitation, he circulated all the mana inside his body and tried to escape from there.

However, the level-three dran’s attack was already in the way. While Aleen was struggling to escape from the cage of air, the level-three dran swung his punch and grinned sadistically.

But suddenly, a bird of fire came flying from Claire’s direction.

The bird of fire did not try to stop the level-three man’s attack. Instead, it crashed against Aleen’s back and exploded fiercely.

The flames enveloped Aleen and began to burn everything nearby. Strangely, though, the fire did not burn Aleen. It only burned the cage holding Aleen down and disappeared.

Aleen did not hesitate to go all out. He filled his sword with mana and slashed the burn cage before jumping out. He then activated Lightning Movement to run away from the enemy’s punch.

But although Claire acted quickly and Aleen was able to escape the cage, he was unable to evade the attack completely.

Seeing the attack coming towards him, he held the sword in front of his body and blocked the punch.

The next instant, Aleen felt an incredible power invading him.

Aleen’s bones groaned due to the strength of the attack. A sweet taste filled his mouth, and his vision blanked for an instant.

Dynamic Sight and Lightning Movement were still active, so Aleen made use of them to adjust his body into the best position to receive the blow. He then used the strength behind the attack and pushed himself away.

“Cough!” Aleen vomited a mouthful of blood and wiped his lips. He stared at the level-three dran with an expression of surprise.

To think that despite only receiving a small portion of the attack, Aleen still was heavily injuries.

“Oh? You survived? I thought you would be done after this attack.” The level-three dran taunted.

Aleen kept calm despite hearing him. He could not afford to commit even one mistake now, so he needed to think every movement carefully.

However, the level-three dran was already bored of this game.

“You know, you are a hard-to-catch rat. But I got a great idea to catch you. You see kid, you can escape all you want. But, can she escape too?” Then, the level-three dran pointed at Claire.

"Don't you dare!" Aleen opened his eyes wide, but before he could move, the level-three dran sent an attack in direction of Claire.

Aleen reacted instantly. He activated Lightning Movement and rushed towards her. He was confident about saving her before the attack hits.

Unfortunately, the level-three dran was waiting for this moment.

So, when Aleen was about to grab Claire, the dran punched again.

You can support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise. I appreciate each donor and it motivates me to continue writing...

15