Chapter 146 – Interlude: The Shadow and the Nun
693 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
First chapter today... Long chapter...

Aligarh, India.

As a relatively developed city in India, Aligarh doesn’t lack poor people. Many of them live in the less-developed part of the city, enjoying their day to day and doing their best to survive.

And in the house of one such person, something sinister was happening.

“Ha…~ ha~ Yes, like that…~” A sweet voice resounded from the bedroom. It, together with the slapping sounds, was enough to imagine what was going on.

But the true scene inside the room was different than expected.

“P-Please, stop… Ugh…” A weak voice begged, but the woman continued moving. She moved her waist up and down while looking at the man below her with a smirking expression.

The woman could be considered as a beauty with brown hair and slightly dark skin. She had a sensual body filled with curves where they were supposed to be, and a slightly demonic smile that could charm almost any man.

The man, on the other hand, could only be described as skin and bones.

He was looking at the woman above him with an expression of fear and pleasure. He wanted to push the woman away, but for some reason, his body did not answer. It continued cooperating with her despite he ordering it to stop.

The intercourse continued for a few minutes more, and finally, it ended.

The woman heaved a sigh of satisfaction and licked her lips while looking to the dead body below her. She then stood up and wore her clothes, before leaving the house as though nothing happened.

“… Ufufu, with him, it’s already two.” The woman smiled devilishly and winked to the nearby men ogling at her.

But after she walked for a few minutes, she noticed that something was wrong.

At some point in time, the people in the surrounding had disappeared.

The doors and windows had been closed, and the cars had stopped circulating. It was as though the place had become in a ghost town.

When the woman realized that something was wrong and began to circulate her mana, she saw a girl seated on the floor a street away from her.

The girl was using a Buddhist Kasaya and reciting mantras while seated cross-legged. Her eyes were closed, and her hands were forming a lotus seal. An eye-like tattoo was drawn on her forehead. She was the perfect image of a young Buddhist nun.

When the woman noticed the Buddhist nun, she stopped.

She looked at the young Buddhist nun and frowned, but in the next instant, she put on a sweet smile.

“Ara ara. I was not expecting visits.”

The young Buddhist nun opened her eyes when she heard the woman speak. She put on a benevolent smile and cupped her hands. “This nun was waiting for you, demon.”

“Oh? Is it so? Do you have any business with me, young girl?”

“This Nun unfortunately does. The duty of this nun is to eliminate the demons that attack the people, and dispel the foreign evil that encroaches this world.” The young Buddhist nun replied unhurriedly while staring at the woman. But when the woman heard her words, her expression froze.

“Do you know about me?”

“Of course, foreign demon. A benefactor learned of your existence when you entered this world.”

“… Someone attuned to fate? I never thought this world would have a user of that law.”

“Everything in this world is predestined. Now, will you come with this nun peacefully or this nun needs to use force?”

The Buddhist nun looked at the woman calmly and asked. Her gaze was peaceful, filled with gentleness and purity. For a moment, the woman even considered going with her.

But in the next instant, her mana surged and destroyed the suggestion. “You think that something like that is enough to kill a shadow like me?!” She screamed and extended her hand. Instantly, the light in the surroundings distorted. A black-like thing rose from the woman's shadow and enveloped her body, creating a suggestive dress that doubled as armor. “Even if you are a level-three too, you are no my match!” She exclaimed with an expression of disdain.

“Maybe you are right, but thin poor nun is not alone. Come out, brothers and sisters.” Said the nun.

Then, tens of staff-wielding figures appeared from the surroundings. They surrounded the woman while sporting serious expressions, as though prepared to face a mortal enemy.

The woman looked at them and sneered. “Mere level-one insects.”

But before her words could finish, the young nun clapped her hands piously. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. A pure mind, a strong body, all to become Buddha.”

When she finished speaking, a dim glow formed in her hands. The glow expanded quickly, and in an instant, it covered all the Buddhist monks and disciples.

Without giving the woman time to react, the monks jumped towards her while wielding their staffs.

The woman’s expression changed. She could feel that the monks’ strength rose for one level. At least fifty monks were covered in the dim glow, attacking the woman in an orderly formation.

Even the woman, a level-three shadow trained to be one of the strongest in her level, could not underestimate the strength of fifty level-two-like enemies.

Unfortunately, they were far from enough to defeat her.

Before the Buddhist monks could reach her, the woman giggled seductively and covered her mouth with a hand. “Can you stop, please?” She asked pitifully.

Instantly, all the monks stopped.

They looked at the woman with blissful expressions. A few of them struggled briefly against the woman’s charm, but they were unable to resist.

However, the nun did not change their expression despite seeing the woman's actions.

“The flesh is deceitful, and beauty is a lie. Only a faithful heart can ascend to Buddha.” With a mantra, the glow surrounding the monks and nuns intensified. Instantly, the woman’s charm dissipated, and the monks recovered the reason. They then looked at the woman in fear and took a step back.

But the young nun’s voice resounded again. “Exterminating demons is the duty of a Buddha, bringing peace to the people is the duty of a saint. How can I be a Buddha if I can’t defend the innocents?”

Hearing her words, the monks and nuns were filled with courage. They roared fiercely to the woman and attacked again. The woman frowned and took a step back involuntarily.

Although she was pretty good to close combat, she was not naïve enough to believe she could defeat fifty enemies. In the end, frontal confrontations never were her forte.

Furthermore, it was obvious that her charming skill was useless in front of the young nun's skill.

But although she liked seeing her enemies licking at her feet, she had much more than a charming skill.

The woman put on a grave expression and snapped her fingers. Instantly, her features changed completely. Her black hair turned pink, and her black eyes turned red. Her figure became even more seductive, and two small curved horns grew from her head.

Then, she opened her mouth.

“I, Alana Malevola, command upon my name. Darkness!”

And everything was covered in darkness.

Shadows rose from the ground, engulfing everything nearby. Alana smiled seductively seeing the expression of surprise in the monks’ faces and took a pair of daggers from a space ring. The darkness was a product of her first skill, ‘Illusory Dream’.

But when she looked at the young nun, she realized that her expression was as calm as always.

Then, the tattoo on her forehead opened.

Alana instantly felt that something was wrong.

An eye appeared on the nun's forehead. The eye illuminated everything in the surroundings, dispelling the illusions created by the succubus instantly. Then, it stared right into the level-three succubus's eyes.

A feeling of dread filled Alana’s mind.

Without hesitation, she created an illusory clone of herself and jumped back. A ray of light was shot from the young nun’s eye, destroying the illusion in an instant and chasing after the succubus. The succubus could only fill her daggers with as much mana as possible and try to block the attack.

“Ugh!” With a grunt of pain, the succubus received the attack with the daggers and was sent flying. She hit a wall and vomited a mouthful of blood before falling unconscious.

When the young nun saw it, she heaved a sigh of relief.

She closed the eye on her forehead and stood up. Her humble kasaya waved slightly with the wind and her dark ponytail fell until her waist.

But when she came to the place where the level-three succubus was lying unconscious, her expression changed.

“It can’t be!” She exclaimed hurriedly and opened her third eye. But when the eye gazed at the unconscious succubus, the succubus's body faded away, leaving behind a small pool of blood.

The young nun wrinkled her brows and put on a complicate expression. “She escaped, huh.”

“Bad luck, Nahali.” A sweet voice sounded from behind her. Nahali turned around quickly and found a fairy-like blonde girl standing there.

“Alice, you are here.”

“Mm. How unfortunate, though. I wanted to kill that woman before she causes more damage. She already killed two level-two in just a few days.”

“It was my mistake. This nun underestimated the demon and was fooled for her. Next time, I’ll make sure of killing that demon.”

Alice shook her head. “Now that she knows that you can counter her skills, she will be wary of you. I doubt we’ll have another opportunity like this.”

“Can’t you see where she is?”

“Unfortunately, no. I need to wait another day to use my seer skill again.”

Nahali put on a regretful expression and nodded. “I understand. Contact me if you learn anything about her.”

“I will.” Alice replied seriously. She then looked for once more to the place where the succubus disappeared.

The chaos was already beginning.

15