Chapter 2 – Power Ups, Evolutions, and a Wedding?
1.3k 10 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Azalea

Ignoring the overall body ache I was feeling from the mana burn, I glanced at my notifications while people began tending to the injured and dead. I briefly felt guilty about not helping out more… but I was also hurt and exhausted from the fighting. And not a healer. 

Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked a free racial evolution!
Ding!
Congratulations! Your Power Level has increased to 4,415!

I was sure my eyes popped out of my head when I saw my Power Level after dismissing the evolution notification. That was insane, it had increased by roughly three and a half times what it was before I ended the fighting.

Ding!
Congratulations! You have been awarded the [Demon Lord] title!
Ding!
Congratulations! Your familiar bond has evolved into [A Consort’s Promise: Kelcie]
Ding!
Congratulations! Due to your Demon Lord title, [Fury of a Fairy] has combined with your Demon Lord title into [Fury of a Demon Lord]

Just as I was about to read what the demon lord title gave me, my heart skipped a beat as I noticed the following notification. Did that mean that Kelcie and I were married or something now? I paused to look up at the pink haired beauty who was holding me so tenderly, and smiled. Her lap was soft and warm, her armoured skirt had been replaced with a soft blue one. Kelcie was staring at the black smoke rising in the air from the craters, the orange glow of fires reflecting off of the plumes ominously. The crackling of the fire was interspersed with the cries of the injured and people mourning. 

As if sensing my gaze, the girl I loved looked down at me. She had had a serious look on her face, but as she looked into my eyes, her lips lifted up into a beautiful smile. I felt warmth spread from my furiously beating heart as I fell into her orange eyes. My Kelcie, my consort. Without even saying the word, I was suddenly in my enlarged form. Laying in her lap, I lifted a shaking hand and cupped her cheek. 

“I love you, Kelcie. Now, and forever,” I said softly, a statement, and a promise. 

With my thumb, I rubbed away some of the tears that fell down her cheek. Leaning down, Kelcie captured my lips with her own. Love and heat seared into my soul as she physically showed me how much she loved me in kind. 

An eternal moment later, Kelcie pulled back and gave me a radiant smile that lit up her face, and my heart, like the dawn’s first light. “I love you too, my silly little fairy,” she murmured softly, her eyes searching for something within mine. 

Suddenly her eyes widened while they glazed over for a moment. I recognised that look, she was reading from her interface. From Kelcie’s lap I felt her tense and saw her mouth drop open in shock. Another flash of my notifications briefly got my attention before I ignored them in favour of watching my girlfriend. 

“What is it?” I asked impatiently a moment later after she hadn’t said anything. 

The distant look in her eyes cleared up as Kelcie focused back on me with a look of wonder on her face. “I just unlocked a Mythic Class…” she finally replied, slightly dazed. I gasped in wonder as Kelcie suddenly gained a soft glow that emitted from below her skin, rather reminiscent of my own, if not quite as bright. 

On impulse I used [Inspect] on her. 

Kelcie, Consort to Demon Lord Azalea
Class:
[Fae Knight] (Mythic) Level 1
[Magical Girl] (Epic) Level 378

“You have two classes now?” I asked in amazement, my eyes wide in surprise. 

Kelcie’s face was flushed and she had a bright, happy smile as she stared at me in amazement. “I can’t believe I got a Mythic class and it’s all thanks to you.” With flaming red cheeks, Kelcie bent down and kissed me. 

Her lips were soft and gentle as they pressed against mine, my pulse racing and my heart fluttering as we kissed. I shifted slightly and grimaced as some pain spiked through my body. 

Breaking off the kiss, Kelcie gives me a concerned look. “Are you okay?”

“I was until you stopped kissing me,” I responded with a pout. 

“Azalea…”

I sighed. “I’m just a little sore from channelling so much mana.” I gestures towards the broken mana battery. “Look at that thing, it cracked in half just as I finished.”

Kelcie looked at me with concern before looking around for something. “Are there any healers free? Maybe Raya?”

A twinge of pain hit me as I shook my head. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll be okay. Let them tend to the really wounded, please?”

With a sigh, Kelcie gently squeezed me, but let the matter drop. We sat like that for a moment or two, watching as everyone began recovering from the fighting. I sighed as I realised that not everyone would recover as I watched several adventurer’s bodies be carried away. Deciding that I had had enough moping and looking at the depressing scene in front of me, I went back to my notifications. 

Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked the class skill, [Mind Over Matter]
Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked the class skill, [Psych Up]
Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked the class skill. [Mind Map]
Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked the Demon Lord skill, [Bulwark of the Mind] Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked the Demon Lord skill, [A Dark Lord’s Wrath]
Ding!
Congratulations! You have unlocked the skill, [Upon the Edge of Madness]
Ding!
Congratulations! Your [Fairy Magic] has hit Rank 10 and evolved into [Fairy Arcanistry]
Ding!
Congratulations! You have acquired the Legendary Achievement and gained a free upgrade for [Mentalist] (Epic) to [Awoken Mentalist] (Legendary) for defeating three Liches with a single strike. 

There was so much information for me to unpack that I wasn’t sure where to start, so I figured I would work through them in order. 

Title: Demon Lord
Awarded to those who have performed an extraordinary feat, someone worthy of the title is a force to be reckoned with. This title, besides awarding new skills and modifying old ones, also grants a permanent boost of 50% to all stats and damage as well as 50% reduction from damage taken by critical hits. Warning: this title may be acquired by others if they kill you in one on one combat. 

The sheer power that the Demon Lord title gave was insane. My heart skipped a beat as I reread it again. I’d love to see what my stats were now, unfortunately my status screen still refused to show me. 

Name:
Azalea 

Species:
Fairy

Age:
50

Gender:
Female

Class:
[Awoken Mentalist] (Legendary)

Power Level:
4,415

Class Skills:
[Telekinetic Pulse] Rank 13
[Telekinetic Bullet] Rank 4
[Psychic Slash] Rank 9
[Kinetic Shield] Rank 9
[Psychic Resistance] (passive) Rank 5
[Mystic Lightning] Rank 5
[Orphic Instincts] (passive) Rank 9
[Mind Over Matter] (passive) Rank 1
[Psych Up]
Special Skills:
[Prior Life Experience]

Titles:
[Demon Lord]

Bonds:
[A Consort’s Promise: Kelcie]

Demon Lord Skills:
[Bulwark of the Mind] (passive)
[A Dark Lord’s Wrath] (passive) Rank 1
[Upon the Edge of Madness] (passive)

Racial Abilities:
[Flight (Magical, Wings)]
[Manaborne]
[Superior Vision]
[Fairy Agelessness]
[Fairy Language Comprehension]
[Fairy Arcanist] Rank 1
[Fury of a Demon Lord] (self cast) Rank 1
[Basic Language Comprehension]
[Inspect]

Before I could get back to inspecting all of my new skills, Kelcie nudged me to get my attention. Looking up at her, my girlfriend nodded her head behind me. Rad Ollie, Tyral and Prince Enoc were walking towards us, followed by several well equipped soldiers. The prince had a wary look on his face, but the other two seemed relaxed. 

“Well met, Demon Lord Azalea and congratulations on your achievement,” Prince Enoc intoned in an official sounding voice, before nodding his head in a small bow. 

Scrambling to my feet and dragging Kelcie with me, I bowed slightly in return. “Um, hi? I, err, mean, nice to meet you, too!” My voice changed pitch slightly when my enlargement spell wore off and I shrank from hundred fifty centimetres to my normal thirty centimetre height. 

I glanced at the soldiers as they arrayed themselves in a protective cordon around the group, facing Kelcie and I. The closest soldier looked nervous and tense after I frowned at them and their actions. They weren’t exactly being threatening, but they weren’t subtle about who they thought was the threat to their leader. I grinned at them, but before I could start having some fun, I let out a startled squeak as Kelcie grabbed me and placed me on her shoulder.

“Don’t,” my girlfriend murmured. Gosh was it nice to call her that. Wait, wait… how did she know I was planning on messing with the soldiers?

Pouting, I tried to convey how terrible her betrayal was through my eyes. Kelcie rolled her own and laughed. “Don’t give me that look, young lady.” She said with a smirk, and then booped my nose. 

Several soldiers suddenly got shoved out of the way as Ryel, Callie and Raya all pushed their way through and stood next to us, clearly choosing their side. 

“Fancy meeting you three here,” I said imperiously atop my Kelcie shoulder-shaped throne, before I cracked a grin. 

Callie stood up straighter and looked the soldiers and her brother in the eye. “What is the meaning of this?” she asked in a regal tone, her voice as unyielding as steel. I stared at Callie, surprised with the change that had come over her. I had never seen this side of her before, and by the looks on the faces of everyone else, neither had they. 

Prince Enoc held his hand up as the tension in the soldiers increased further. “Enough! Men, we aren’t here to pick a fight with a Demon Lord. She hasn’t done anything wrong, and in fact helped save us, and countless other lives. If the undead had broken through our defences, this would be a very different story.” The half elf man turned and looked at me apologetically, bowing again slightly. “I’m sorry, my Lord. I apologise for my actions and that of my men. We didn’t mean to come across as aggressive.” Looking around at his soldiers, the prince gave them all pointed looks until they all relaxed. 

Relaxing her stance too, Callie gave a nod towards her brother. “That’s better. Azalea is a new Demon Lord. We don’t wish the council to hear about how Skarra threatened one of theirs”

The prince and his soldiers shivered at whatever implications Callie was making. With both of them almost standing next to each other, it was impossible to ignore how similar Enoc and Callie looked. Both had almost identical light brown, nearly golden coloured hair that darkened at their roots. Bright blue eyes with a muscular but slim frame, not to mention their pointed ears, half again longer than my own. They both had long hair, but Callie had one side much shorter and she had tied colourful beads into her hair. Put her in some flannel and she was the classic lesbian. I giggled at that thought. 

Whatever else was being said went completely past me as, with a solid thud, the large flying ship settled itself on the ground nearby, dust and smoke billowing out from underneath it in every direction. Covering my eyes from the detritus floating in the air, I turned back towards the prince after the ship had gotten my attention. “Oh McKenna, that thing is so cool! Sorry, I missed that. What did you say?” Now that I said it, there’s a disturbing familiarity to that name, a certain familiarity that had been getting clearer every time I heard the name.

“It’s quite alright,” Enoc replied with a faint smile. “She’s impressive isn’t she? Storm Front is the latest airship under our command.” He grimaced and ran a hand through his long hair. “We hadn’t gotten any reports about an undead dragon and hadn’t expected to face one, otherwise we’d have had the proper shielding in place.”

I could see that the prince was every bit as excited about his ship as any kid with a brand new toy to play with. His smile lit up his entire face, giving him a boyish charm as he spoke. 

Eventually Tyral interrupted him with an amused smile on her face. “Enoc… another time, perhaps?” She nodded her head towards Callie. “Don’t you wish to perhaps greet your long lost sister?”

“Ah… right, yes, err, you’re right, of course! Sorry, Emilria,” the prince said, before enfolding Callie in a hug and squeezing her tight. Both siblings squeaked as they seemed to attempt to out squeeze the other.

“I go by Callie now, Enoc. Not Emilria.”

“But Emilria is such a cute name!”

Tyral coughed loudly and rather obviously, giving the prince a pointed look. 

Prince Enoc winced. “Ah, yes. Sorry, Callie? It’s a cute name. Let me guess, short for Calypso?”

I watched in amusement as Callie blushed, looking uncharacteristically shy. Raya giggled and hugged her girlfriend’s arm to her chest. 

Looking between the little nekokin and his sister, Enoc looked confused for a second before his eyes lit up and a smile bloomed over his face. “So, that’s why you ran from home?” His smile fell and he grimaced. “I’m sorry I wasn’t a good brother for you. You should have felt comfortable enough with me to come to me for help. Instead you felt like you had to run away. I failed you. Can you forgive me?”

Brother and sister hugged again as Callie held the prince tight. Kelcie was sniffling quietly as she watched the siblings hug. Enoc took a small step back, still holding Callie by the shoulders and looked her over with a bright smile, before he glanced at Raya and an even bigger smile brightened his face. “As long as you’re happy, Em– Callie. My Little Star. That’s all that I care about.”

I smiled at the touching moment between the siblings before the flashing of my UI notifications drew my attention back. 

[Mind Over Matter] (passive) Rank 1
Portions of any damage taken consumes mana instead of health. 

[Psych Up]
Temporary psychic buff that inspires party members. All party members gain a 20% bonus to all of their stats for one hour. 

[Mind Map] Rank 1
By connecting the casters mind to that of their targets, they can increase their chances to critically hit them with targeted abilities by up to 20%. Chances of a critical hit percentage can vary based on mental resistance bonuses, range and any skills the target has. Increase in rank will reduce likelihood of resistances and skills interfering with chance to critically hit bonus as well as increase hit percentage. Higher ranks can also provide this benefit to party members. Duration: 10 seconds. Cool-down: 1 hour. 

[Bulwark of the Mind] (passive)
Increases any and all defensive skills and abilities benefits by 20% for the entire party. Also shares the [Psychic Resistance] skill. 

[A Dark Lord’s Wrath] (passive) Rank 1
All damage increased by 15% and passive increase of 10% attack haste. If any party member’s health drops below 30%, the Demon Lord gains 50% haste and damage is increased by a further 35%. This buff lasts for a further 10 seconds after the member’s health has improved. Note: This buff does not stack from multiple party members losing health. If their consort dies, the Demon Lord gains 500% haste, 1000% damage increase, 500% boost to all stats, and 500% extra health for 1 hour. 

A cold lump formed in my chest as I thought about how much Kelcie meant to me, and what losing her would be like. I glanced over at her and watched as Kelcie smiled at something Ryel had apparently said. I vowed then that I’d do everything and anything I could to protect her. 

[Upon the Edge of Madness] (passive)
The less mana and health the caster has, the more damage they do. 2% more damage per percentage loss of health or mana. 

I realised that I had somehow skipped a few skills and checking over them, I noticed that [Fury of a Demon Lord] was just an upgraded version of the old fairy one it evolved from, just with a bit better damage as was [Fairy Arcanistry]. Apparently it allowed me to cast [Fairy Magic] without speaking the words out loud now.

[A Consort’s Promise: Kelcie]
Somewhere along the way, a bond grew between the Demon Lord Azalea and Kelcie outside of the familiar bond they had created. The strength of this bond now shows itself as a promise. A promise to be there for each other, through thick and thin, through sickness and in health. By activating this promise, the Demon Lord accepts her consorts promise and the pact between them will be made. Effects vary.

Looking over at Kelcie, I noticed she was looking at me with a slight smile on her face that widened when our eyes met. Gesturing her over, I landed on her shoulder when she separated herself from the group. Ryel gave me a look that I could only interpret as ‘knowing’. Little brat was too perceptive by far.

“Hey, umm, Kelcie?”

Kelcie’s smile was beautiful as she grabbed me from the air and held me to her. “What is it, Azzie?”

I smiled in response to her nickname. No one had called me that before I met her. It was always Azalea, or Brat, and sometimes late for dinner. I snickered at that last one. It was an ongoing joke between Rose and I that I had started back when my  memories from before had begun appearing. 

Nervously I read out the description for the promise, feeling far too much like I should be on one knee proposing or something. Not that I had an issue with that. Kelcie was all that I could think about. I’d give up adventuring to be with her, heck, I’d even give up desserts for her. “So what do you think?” 

The magical girl hummed quietly as her cheeks pinked from a blush. “I kind of already accepted on my end,” she answered after a moment’s pause.

My eyes widened in surprise, before a jaw aching smile bloomed on my face. “So that’s why it already said you were my consort when I inspected you!”

“I guess so,” Kelcie answered happily, her blush slowly spreading down her neck slightly.

Do you wish to activate [A Consort’s Promise: Kelcie], officially accepting Kelcie as your consort?
Yes No

Immediately mentally selecting Yes, I felt a warmth rush through me as both mine and Kelcie’s light brightened considerably momentarily. The heat seemed to settle on my right bicep, just underneath my armour. As I watched, a tattoo formed where the discomfort was. A seven point star shaped from what reminded me of celtic knots in black ink appeared on my arm with a symbol of a heart within a heart in the middle of the star.

Glancing over at Kelcie, I noticed that she had one too. I couldn’t help but smile shyly at her as we compared our identical tattoos. As I twisted my arm about, I could see the black ink had a slight rainbow-like sheen on its surface, reflecting the light. 

I squealed and hugged my consort as she pulled me tight against her. “I’m so happy right now,” I said into Kelcie’s chest, muffling my voice. 

“Me too,” Kelcie replied with a smile in her voice. “I feel as if we just got married or something, and I couldn’t be happier about it.”

Sighing, I snuggled into the hug more. I was too tired to enlarge myself for a proper hug. This felt perfectly fine to me. 

Suddenly Kelcie giggled and with a flash of light, shrunk down to my size and grew beautiful pink wings. Even her ears reshaped to have the slight points that fairies had. 

Kelcie flailed a bit in the air as she held onto me, attempting to get her balance back. “Whoa, that’s a weird sensation, as if the whole world just grew ten times bigger! So, what do you think? Like my new transformation?” She smirked at my surprised expression. 

“Oh my gods! Is that you, Kelcie?!” Ryel suddenly squealed as she spotted us hovering midair, holding each other. “So cute! I just want to hug you!” She exclaimed, trying and failing to grab Kelcie as the newly transformed fairy giggled and flew out of reach of her adopted daughter. 

I giggled as I watched the two tease each other, my heart warm and full of love in my chest. My user interface flashing brought my attention back to what I was doing, though. 

Do you wish to begin the evolution selection process?
Yes No

Since it didn’t take Ryel long to choose her class, I figured that it wouldn’t take me long to complete my evolution either, so without further ado, I selected Yes

There was a flash of light that felt almost like it was a loading screen, and as it faded I found myself somewhere else.  I was hovering in a room that  appeared to be identical to the one that Ryel had described in her class selection process. 

“Ryel smells!” I called out, and giggled as I heard it echo back. 

Looking around, I noticed the door at the back of the room, past a single large booth that had a single large mirror with two smaller mirrors attached to the side and at an angle to the larger one. Like some kind of fancy dressing room setup so that you could see yourself from several angles at once. 

Ignoring the booth for now, I flew towards the wooden door, and with a slight nudge, pushed it open. 

The first thing that grabbed my attention was how white the room was. It almost looked like I was moving into a nonexistent space. Like in cartoons, where they used it to signify that they were floating in an endless nothing. 

I heard voices before I saw the people standing behind a big floating globe of a planet. The globe was currently centred on two large landmasses with several smaller islands smattered about around them, but other than the moving clouds and sea, it was fairly unremarkable. 

A young girl with an older woman were talking while a blond man stood nearby and watched with a sad expression on his face. Suddenly the young girl began crying. There was something off about her, but I couldn’t put my finger on what it was that was different. “But why do you have to leave? Can’t you stay?”

“I’m sorry, Adara, I can’t. They’re replacing me with someone else, but I’ll keep in contact, I promise.”

The devastated look on the young girl’s face cut me deep as the two women froze before blurring and vanishing in a pixelated fashion. 

Looking at the man – Adam, I assumed – I thought I saw tears in his eyes, but when I looked again, his face was expressionless. It might have just been the strange light of this place, though. 

“Well, well, Azalea, this is unexpected so soon, although I probably should have known. Even if you do continue to surprise me. Your recklessness is… monumental, forcing my hand, as it were. I did warn you, but surprise, surprise, you ignored it, foolish girl.”

He looked at me as he spoke, his face devoid of any emotion, and yet I couldn’t help but sense deep emotions underneath the surface. For some reason I couldn’t help but feel like he was hiding pain, and a lot of it. 

I gasped as I noticed his shirt. It was light blue and in white letters it said: Han Shot First

“Lucky for you, we can work with that. Your achievement makes you even more suited to what I have planned for you. Good job there.” His face twisted as if he had tasted something unpleasant. “If you die before you are ready, things won’t end well for you.”

“Well duh, I’d be dead!” I rolled my eyes and giggled. I had just been about to ask him about his shirt and how he knew that meme when he'd said that last part. “You’re being very rude, you know? Didn’t your parents ever teach you any manners? It’s okay, I’ll refresh your memories. Hi! I’m Azalea. I’m Sagittarius. I enjoy a good book, playing video games, and hugging my pretty girlfriend. There, see? That wasn’t too hard. Now you try!”

Adam stood there for a moment, his face twisted in what looked like pain or anger as he stared at me, before he grimaced. “I hope the other one isn’t as annoying,” he muttered to himself. 

“Hey! You’re still being rude!”

“I don’t care to be polite. You’ve been warned. Don’t disappoint me, girl.” With a wave of his hand, the room vanished and I found myself looking at the mirror in the large empty room. 

“Well… that was rude,” I huffed. 

With having nothing else to do – the door had vanished alongside the room – I flew over to inspect the large mirror. 

“Let’s hope that this doesn’t show me my heart's desire or something corny like that,” I muttered as I hovered in front of the mirror and glanced around. 

Display evolutionary choices now?
Yes No

After mentally selecting yes, a list of selections popped up in my UI. 

  • Daemon

  • Asrai

  • Pùca

  • Leanan Sídhe

  • Dawn Fairy

  • Leimoniade

Daemon
The corrupted and fallen brethren to the common fairy, Daemons are similar, albeit twisted and dark. Other Fairykin do not consider Daemons as anything like them, despite how much they still look alike. Daemons are adept at hiding and vanishing in plain sight, with the natural magical ability to go invisible. While they keep most skills of the true fairy, including the boosted stats, they lose the ability to speak Fairy in favour of their invisibility, a significant increase to damage and speed, and the ability to create and control the undead. Warning: Hated or disliked by most races, especially by other fairies. 

As I selected the first option, my reflection in the mirror changed. I could still tell that it was me, but I was drastically different too. Instead of emitting light, it almost seemed like I drew it inside of myself. My wings had darkened and had sharp spikes along their edges. My hair and eyes also darkened into an almost black-blue and black-purple respectively, but my skin changed to a chalk-white colour. 

I couldn’t see myself as a daemon, ignoring the drawback of everyone I loved hating me, losing [Fairy Magic], or [Fairy Arcanistry] now I supposed, would be too much of a drawback for any possible benefits gained. I skimmed the list and discarded any choices that removed [Fairy Magic] as an option and that narrowed the list a bit.

Pùca
Often mistaken for shapeshifter races or classes, Pùca naturally have the ability to shift into various animal or humanoid forms using [Fairy Magic]. However, while their physical abilities are increased along with their magical abilities, their spell casting is limited to physical enhancements only. 

My reflection showed me, but drastically altered. I somehow got the impression I was even smaller and my skin had changed to a rougher, darker leathery texture with my wings vanishing. I was glad it was just a reflection as I continued hovering midair. As I watched, animal features slowly changed on my body, one moment I had dog ears, the next, normal ears but grew bird wings instead. Once I had had my fun seeing myself in various stages of animal forms, including human – which was mind blowing – I decided to move on to the next choice. Pùca sounded like it would be fun to play around with, but it wouldn’t synergize well with my class.

Leanan Sídhe
Wingless Fairykin, Leanan Sídhe are an incredibly beautiful, female-only race of fairy who are solitary wanderers, except when they find someone who attracts their attention. Leanan Sídhe loves to inspire creativity and skill within their Chosen, providing significant boosts not just to the power of their skills, but how fast they can increase their skill ranks too, using [Fairy Magic]. Leanan Sídhe are powerful magic users, but also incredibly fragile physically. Warning: You will be the last and only Leanan Sídhe in existence and may be targeted for your skill boosting abilities by others more powerful than you.

Suddenly, an incredibly beautiful version of myself appeared in the mirror. My height shot up until I was roughly as tall as I normally was when I used [Enlarge], and again my wings vanished. My hair grew even longer and changed to a pearly white. I spent several long minutes staring at myself in the mirror, admiring how beautiful I looked. As I studied my reflection, I couldn’t help getting a sense that the beauty was also somehow… dangerous. There was a sinister edge to it that made me feel a little uncomfortable. Dropping the selection, I chose the next and final option that provided [Fairy Magic]. I was just glad I wasn’t going to choose a race whose name looked a lot like ‘Lemonade’.

Dawn Fairy
Often considered the pinnacle of Fairykin, Dawn Fairies are the most powerful evolution a fairy with a magical class can obtain. Although widely considered universally beautiful, they are not quite in the same league as a Leanan Sídhe, but make up for it with even further increases in their intelligence and wisdom stats. A Dawn Fairy looks like a baseline fairy, but is anything but one. They have boosted stats, an increased mana regeneration from direct contact with sunlight, the ability to increase damage by harnessing the light, the ability to temporarily fly incredibly fast in magic flight form, and a weaker form of the Chosen skill than what a Leanan Sídhe has. 

The me that showed in the reflection this time was the closest me I had seen since I started looking at the evolution choices. Although I felt like they were more like side evolutions, rather than true evolved forms. Well, all of them except for Dawn Fairy and maybe Leanan Sídhe. I guessed it might be different if I had a physical combat or support class, though. Or if I wanted to be creepy-beautiful like the Leanan Sídhe.

If the Leanan Sídhe was drop-dead gorgeous, how I looked as a Dawn Fairy was more like cute verging-on-beautiful. My skin shone a golden light, as opposed to the more soft-white light of a typical fairy. My blue hair and lavender eyes also glowed with inner light, making them sparkle slightly. I’m just glad my body didn’t sparkle like a certain creepy mind reading vampire!

For me, the Dawn Fairy was clearly the superior choice between the last two choices. Leanan Sídhe sounded powerful, and would help me make Kelcie even more powerful, however, Dawn Fairy provided that, even if not to the same strength, and more, and Leanan Sídhe sounded more like it would help if I was a support class instead of the damage class that I truly was. 

Do you wish to choose ‘Dawn Fairy’ as your evolution option?
Yes No

“Lock it in, Eddie, this is the one!” I excitedly said as I mentally clicked Yes. I felt heat rapidly spread throughout my entire body, that was just this side of painful, before it vanished as quickly as it appeared. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror for a moment before an odd thought randomly struck me. “Huh, Adam acts like a friend I knew before they could start transitioning, could he have dysphoria?” 

71