A Pair of Unbreakable Legs (11)
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  After checking the door's lock for the third time, Estria headed toward the kindly middle-aged woman's restaurant for lunch. The snow was pouring down hard without a hint of ending, though that wasn't enough to stop the blacksmith's journey to sate her hunger.

  The snow on the ground was getting so thick that she had to use her giant arms to clear it away for her wheelchair to go through. As she drew closer to the establishment, she saw people gathering at the entrance. Their shouting was muffled by the snow, but their tone was distinctly urgent.

  When she finally arrived at the entrance, the owner of the restaurant was carried out of the building. The pink-haired punk who tried to extort her a few weeks ago stepped out with the helper.

  "What's going on?" She asked, drawing everyone's attention to her.

  "This has nothing to do with you, demon! Get the hell out of my face!" The punk's eyes were red as tears streamed from his cheeks.

  There was another person there who glanced at the demon with disdain, though most didn't care. When the restaurant owner was loaded to the back of the cart, the punk went in as well before it took off.

  "What happened, Axia?" Estria asked the helper anxiously.

  "Mrs. Leim finished her medicine days ago. The new batch was supposed to arrive yesterday, but the blizzard last night caused the delivery to be delayed. When her son came back earlier, they immediately had a huge argument. That triggered her condition and caused her to enter a coma!" The helper gritted his teeth. "That damned punk. I would've punched him right in the face for causing so much trouble for her."

  "Will she be okay?"

  "I don't know, Estria. Since the snow only let up a little during the morning, and it seems like another blizzard is coming," He scowled at the sky. "I don't think her medicine is going to arrive soon. Things aren't looking good for her, and I don't know what to do..."

  The demon bit her lips before an idea flashed across her mind. "Where is the medicine now? Is it at Lukrexia?"

  "It should be, yeah." The helper's eyebrows furrowed. "You're not thinking about going there, are you? I know demons are tough, but-"

  "Give me Set A as fast as you can, Axia. Don't worry, I have a plan." She met his eyes firmly.

                    X

  "Surprise to see me?" Purple gave the blacksmith a shit-eating grin when she burst into the workshop. "I got no one else to play with, so I thought I'd come here to-"

  "Can you talk to Ryder telepathically? There's been an emergency, and I need his help." She slammed the door shut and approached him.

  "Ha! And Ryder insists you aren't a demanding person." The dragon scoffed. "Have you forgotten your knight in shining armor is currently deep underground kissing lava? Even if our affinity is high enough for me to reach him telepathically, I doubt he'll make it back before sundown. What's the matter, little demoness? Have the people here finally decided to burn you on a stake?"

  Estria ignored his mocking, dashed to the Camptosium container, and opened the lid.

  "No, no, no, no! No! Fuck!" Her fists tightened before slamming on her wheelchair armrest. Her tail twisted itself into a ball as she bit her lips.

  Purple scooted over and peered into the container. "Unpurified Camptosium. That brings back memories. Not enough to help you finish your legs and escape in time?"

  "Shut up, you scaly fuck!" Her giant hands grabbed the container and dragged it to the purifying machine as her horns glowed in purple. The dragon's tail rapidly twirled itself around the container, preventing her from leaving.

  "Answer my question, or you will pay dearly for your transgressions."

  All the hair on her body instantly stood up in the purple glow from his horn as overwhelming primal fear pervaded her very soul. Purple's furious glare was paralyzing her as her mind began to crack like an egg. Despite the pressure, she managed to sputter, "S-Someone I cared...cared about is going t-to die if I... If I don't complete...My legs r-right n-now."

  The demon's muscles were so tensed up that she was starting to suffocate. She thought the dragon would remain harmless so long as Ryder was still his rider, but she was wrong. The Grim Reaper bows to no mortal.

  "What's the issue, then?" He looked away, allowing her to breathe again. Sweat covered her entire body as each and every one of her cells were still screaming for her to bolt as far away as she physically could from Purple.

  "I... I don't have enough Camptosium. I would if the purification process doesn't cause 10% of the raw metal to perish when it's transformed into its usable form." Tears welled in her eyes. "I can't wait for Ryder to return after sundown! I must complete my legs now, but it'll cause major structural damage to it-"

  "Well," His scowl broke into a grin as his tail released the container. "You should be thankful that I've decided to visit you now. Ryder will no doubt try to find more Camptosium for you if you damage your legs, which is why I shall be generous and extend another offer to you. One that you'll find irresistable, unlike last time."

  "NO! I won't regenerate my legs!"

  "My, so prideful. Even at the cost of your dear friend's life?"

  "I..."

  Purple cackled. "Not so cheeky anymore now huh, you little shit?" He patted her shoulder. "Rejoice, for this is your lucky day. I'm going to help you purify Camptosium without losing any in the process."

  Estria gazed at him with disdain.

  "Now, now. You can choose not to trust me, but is that really a wise decision? I only want Ryder to leave this city as soon as possible, and I'm in a good mood right now. So, what'll it be?"

  The blacksmith swiftly lifted her thumbs up. "Swear on your name that you aren't lying to me."

  "I refuse." Purple grinned devilishly. "Let's get started."

1