Prologue
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time has always been, and therefore, never had to begin. 

Before form or thought, there was the endless ocean: the Chaos. 

And in the center of this dark-water abyss afloat in its womb sprang a massive island. 

Before land fauna and marine life, there was the sacred island: the Nesoi. 

The island yearned to confirm its power of creation, and so it unleashed streams of molten rock from countless volcanoes to spawn the sun and the moon. The oceans above lifted and became the distant sky. And so it was, the blaring sun reigned over the feral kingdom of the day, and the vigilant moon presided over the subdued realm of night. Their union brought forth the stars that glided further above them. However, the island far beneath could only observe its offspring in all their glory.

Before you and me, there was Aereus, the first man.

The island forged the young man from the lava of a restless volcano, cast his body in damp clay, and then cooled his dark bronze skin in the divine ocean. By coming together with the sole intention of forming life, the deities crafted an enchanted blue diamond. The treasure bestowed Aereus eternal life and a connection to both worlds. The proud island claimed the man, believing it had done most of the work. This arrogance angered the sea, which had submerged their son into its bosom to gain awareness. Like the island, the sea attended and provided for the man while creating sea life under its primordial water. The sacred island summoned the earth, sunlight, and pure lagoon water to produce diverse plants. But try as they might, a creature like the man could not be formed. The deities refused to come together in harmony ever again. 

Aereus lived on a secluded beach, denied exploring the boundless estate of the island by dutiful boulders and charmed vegetation. The island explained this was for his protection and forbid him from leaving the sanctioned region.

Following the creation of a world, extended rest is a requirement. Over time, the island and sea grew dormant. Although they rested, their spirits survived within everything. The tide and the wind were echoes of their breaths. The soft earth trembles and swelling of the sea were the stiffening of their brows. 

But the desires of Aereus were not only food and shelter. As the years passed, he realized this more. The first-man cried to the entities for companionship. These constant prayers did not awaken the gods yet were compelling enough to induce a dream where they made love again. This time it was the sea that dragged the creation from the unwitting land.

1