CHAPTER 28
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 28

The giant sword wings of the Cyber Angel Dragon spread out, and a huge ring of rainbow emerged. A siren-like roar was unleashed by the said dragon, which unleashed a sonic boom in the place. All mafia henchmen flew away because of the shockwave.

“This is beyond our capabilities!” The scarred mafia captain cried. “Come, Lady Marina! We need to escape!”

“Halt!”

Right on top of the Cyber Angel Dragon’s head is a Dragon Sage pointing his rose wand at the remaining mafia boss and captain. The faceless Dragon Sage jumped and landed right in front of Marina Jogudra.

“T-That wand.” Marina’s eyes widened in shock.

“I only wish to talk to Lady Marina, nothing else. If you listen to our demands, nobody will get hurt.” The Dragon Sage said.

The tall, scarred mafia captain just stood in shock. He looked at Lady Marina, and Lady Marina gave her a signal by nodding her head. Understanding the situation, the mafia captain stepped back.

Gigantic swords of the Cyber Angel Dragon stabbed on the ground, creating a circle encasement around the Dragon Sage and the Mafia Boss. Now that there’s only the two of them, the Dragon Sage can finally reveal himself.

The mysterious Dragon Sage touched his void-like face, and a very, very, very handsome face appeared.

Lady Marina’s eyes opened wide in shock.

“Ulysses!?”

“Marina. It’s been five years.” I waved and smiled at my long-lost acquaintance.

“You’ve become taller! And your body build is now bigger!” Marina clasped her hands with joy.

“You forgot that I became a lot more handsome,” I smirked.

“Uh, so you’re still narcissistic, huh?” Marina’s smile almost turned to a frown, but she’s forcing herself not to.

I just scratched my head in embarrassment. I know she’s trying hard to be kind to me, so I’ll do the honors of changing the topic. “So how is it been?”

“Same old. Ever since I left Magic Academy and took over the Jogudra Mafia, my hands are filled with running these slums. It’s really hard to keep the peace and order in this place, but at least the people here acknowledge me as their leader.”

Marina brushed her hair off her shoulder. Then she pushed her face closer to me. With her crimson eyes, she scanned my foot all to my head.

“Look at you! You’re a Dragon Sage now. I’m impressed!”

“I knew you wouldn’t believe it. I’m one of those students in the Magical Academy who failed four subjects and repeated a year after all.” I silently cried.

“Hey, it’s not that!” Marina slapped my arm and chuckled. “I may be a topnotcher in every subject in the academy, but look at me now. I am unable to graduate.”

“Well, you can always re-enroll in the Magic Academy,” I said.

All of a sudden, Marina turned to a frown. She held her elbow and bowed.

“I can’t. I can no longer return as a student. This is me now. I am the leader of the Jogudra Mafia. People needed me here. And…”

“Benjamin,” I muttered. “Your husband left the mafia to take care of you, and you to take care of them.”

“Yeah. You know Benj very well. He’s kind, sunny, and loveable. It’s no surprise that I married him even at a young age. Nobody would have thought that he’s ahead of the Jogudra Mafia.”

“I was surprised too. Even if his last name is Jogudra, nobody suspected a thing. I became friends with him on our very first day at the Magic Academy. Next time I know, he’s selling illegal magic weapons as a business of the mafia.”

Marina took a sip from her pipe and then softly blew out a long smoke. “It’s still the lifeblood of the Jogudra Mafia right now. Those machine guns your Dragonoid Contractor destroyed; those are our merchandise. They’re cheap, easy to replicate, and sell well to poor people.”

“I’m sorry about that.” I bowed. "I'll make sure to pay for those weapons, under the Apsara Industries' tab."

“So…” Marina started to walk around me. “What are you here for? What do you want to discuss with me?”

“I need your help, and you will need mine.” I smiled as I materialized a Magical Contract. “And only I can give an offer you will never reject.”

“Don’t be so sure of yourself. I know that you’re weak but incredibly cunning. I know how you used the Magical Contract to eliminate the princess’ kidnapper a few months ago.” Marina started to get sassy. “What is this ‘help’ you’re talking about?”

“I know you don’t trust me that well. We barely even talked during our academy days. But now we share a common goal: a common target. Dragon Sage Claire Magnus.”

Marina’s crimson eyes opened wide. She stopped walking, and she started gripping her smoking pipe tighter. She held her aching heart as she looked at me in the eyes.

“General Claire Magnus… Are you willing to kill your fellow Dragon Sage?” Marina exclaimed.

“Of course. You know that Dragon Sages are natural-born assholes. I’m one of them, but we can both agree that Claire Magnus is a bigger asshole than I am. She’s responsible for killing your husband after all.”

“You know how to push me into a wall, didn’t you?” Marina gritted. “You know I couldn’t resist the temptation of killing that woman with my own hands.”

“Well, I am the answer to your prayers, Lady Marina,” I said. “With your mafia, and my authorities as Dragon Sage, and Deva’s power, we can do it.”

“You only have one dragon, and Claire Magnus has five. How can you hope to kill her?”

“Technically, I have two dragons. But only Deva will suffice. I have a plan.”

“Hehe. Hahaha!” Marina laughed like a villainess. “You are sure of yourself. You know what I want. Now I have to know what you want too.”

“Your protection,” I said as I presented my hand equipped with a Dragon Seal glove. “Long story short, I saw myself dying within six months. I need you to keep me safe, even for just that duration. I want you to become my Dragonoid Contractor.”

Marina was stunned for a moment. She might not believe me, but this is the truest statement I’ve ever said in our entire conversation. I need all my Dragonoid Contractors, including those who have potential, to know why they formed a contract with me.

After three whole seconds, Marina smiled.

“That’s surprisingly cheap of a bargain. You know, I was willing to give up everything just to bring justice to my deceased husband. Six-month protection from me is nothing. I could even appoint you as an official member of the mafia, and my men will protect you for a hundred years.”

“No thanks. I just need insurance; in case everything went wrong. Deva is enough protection for me.”

“Well then…”

Marina walked forward and slightly ripped her black gown to reveal her ample cleavage.

I gulped, and then went back to seriousness and professionalism. I reached out my gloved hand and touched her chest. A pentagram circle magically appeared, and dark snow-like particles danced around us.

“You beat me, Lord Ulysses. You defeated me without dealing a single blow. You only used words alone to win my heart. So, I shall now lend you my aid for the obstacles to come.”

I felt electricity surge from the tip of my fingers to my right arm’s veins. A magical circle appeared on the ground, and dark flames started to dance around. As my palm sinks on her chest, I shout out loud.

“Dragon Seal Unlock!”

1