CHAPTER 34
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 34

Even if I have Timeline Prediction, it is not a guarantee that everything will fall under the plan. Especially if that certain someone just disobeyed my orders which made the plan leap off from the rails.

Oh well, I’m still grateful that Deva is here.

“D-Damn you!” Claire Magnus tried to struggle, but all her movements made it worse for her impaled midriff. More dark red liquid started to fall from her mouth. “Deva!”

“This is for slaughtering my innocent employees,” Deva whispered in Claire’s right ear.

“W-Who the hell are you! Argh!”

The bitchy Dragon Sage can no longer move. As long as Deva’s katana is stuck on her kidney, a slight action would make the injury worse. All she managed to do is to make a few steps back, freeing Marina who was still kissing the floor.

“Marina!” I exclaimed as I went to the mafia leader and helped her stand up. I saw that her left cheek is covered with dirt, so I drew out a handkerchief and gave it to her.

“Don’t worry about me,” Marina said as she wiped her dirty face with my handkerchief. 

She looked at the impaled enemy with killing intent. In an instant, the expensive handkerchief I lent to her, became nothing but fuel to her dark flames.

“D-Damn you all!” Claire Magnus coughed out blood. She is still giving a scary demonic face even though she’s enduring a lot of pain from being stabbed from the back. “Deva, Marina, and now you useless Dragon Sage! I’ll kill you all! Once my dragons arrive, I will let them feed on your dirty flesh!”

“Your dragons are dead.” Deva’s crimson eyes glowed. “I killed each one of them. Don’t worry, you will meet them soon.”

I just thought of a great idea for Marina to get her revenge against her nemesis. I went in front of the mafia leader and revealed my Dragon Seal glove. I poured mana on that seal and gently touched Marina’s heart.

“Dragon Seal Unlock,” I muttered.

There was a brief flash, and then Marina finally showed her ultimate form: a dragon filled with dark scales. Its spine is eternally blazing with darkness, and its tail has a giant torch that is burning with black flames. She opened out her mouth, and obsidian fire spread out. She is a Black Flame Dragon.

The Black Flame Dragon stomped the ground with her razor-sharp-clawed arms, slowly walking towards the impaled enemy Dragon Sage. Then the dark dragon talked telepathically.

“Remember my name, General Claire Magnus. I am Marina Koenji-Jogudra, the legal wife of Benjamin Jogudra. You have stolen, betrayed, and killed my husband. I shall now render my punishment to you.”

The Black Flame Dragon opened her mouth, revealing her series of teeth that looked like sharp white daggers. In an instant, she chomped down the enemy Dragon Sage. The crunch of Claire Magnus’ bones and the splatter of blood all around made it a horrifying sight. The poor enemy didn’t even have the chance to draw her breath or scream.

The Black Flame Dragon gulped the dead General/Dragon Sage in one go, before unleashing a serpentine cry and blowing a stream of dark fire in the air like an erupting volcano.

It’s a roar of triumph. After so many years, she has finally completed her revenge.

“How was it, Lady Marina?” Deva held her hips and smiled. “How’s the taste of revenge?”

“I taste a bitch in my mouth.” The Black Flame Dragon telepathically answered. “But the aftertaste is satisfying. Thank you, Deva. Thank you, Ulysses. I am forever indebted in you two.”

“You are most welcome, Lady Marina.” Deva did a curtsy. “We shared a common target, so it is only just to have us help one another.”

The Black Flame Dragon bowed in return for Deva’s politeness and honor. Then, she flapped her wings to extinguish the flame wall that has been surrounding us for the past ten minutes.

“Mission success.” I sighed as I wiped my sweat on my forehead. Then I focused my eyes on Deva, who appeared to have no clue why I’m serious. “Hey, Hanna. Why did you come here? I told you to support the mafia, correct?”

Deva sleazily walked closer to me and held my shoulder. Then she seductively fixed my hair with her playful fingers. “I’m just worried about you, so I visited this area first. Call me overprotective, but I just want to keep you safe. Besides, the mafia is already doing good on their own.”

“Hanna, you-“ My protest was immediately cut.

Deva furiously blew on her index finger. “Shh! Don’t call me by that name! Call me Deva! Deva!”

“O-Oh, sorry!” I covered my mouth. I looked at the Black Flame Dragon who seemed to be listening to our whole conversation.

“So, her real name is Hanna?” The Black Flame Dragon telepathically asked.

“No, it’s just her nickname,” I answered.

“Grrr!” Deva snarled.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” I raised both of my hands to surrender. I gestured on zipping my mouth, telling Deva that I will not disclose any more clues about her real identity. I immediately switched topics when I turned back to the Black Flame Dragon. “Our mission here is complete. All we have to do is to escape this warzone.”

“Alright.” Black Flame Dragon nodded.

I walked a few steps away from Deva, then touched my earpiece. “Jogudra Mafia, our mission is complete. General Claire Magnus is dead. Withdraw all squads immediately.”

“Incoming!” The mafia guy on the other side of the radio cried.

I heard a loud explosion. And then there is an endless static.

“Jogudra Mafia! Jogudra Mafia! Come in!” I cried. But there’s no response.

I looked at Deva and the Black Flame Dragon who are starting to get worried.

I pressed my earpiece to switch to another channel. “Jogudra Two, do you read me? Jogudra Two!”

“C-Copy! Command, be advised! The enemy reinforcements have come!”

“Impossible! The army won’t be sending any reinforcements for the next ten minutes!” I exclaimed.

“It’s not the army! It’s a dragon! Waaah!” The radio signal was cut into another static.

Cold sweat ran through my neck and a chill went down in my spine. I’m terrified right now.

“What’s the matter?” Deva asked.

“There’s another enemy, and the mafia said it’s a dragon. Are you sure you killed every one of them?” I asked.

“Yeah. I stabbed them on their hearts. And even if they can miraculously survive being heartless, they can no longer transform into a dragon because Claire Magnus is dead.” Deva reasoned out. “Are you sure it’s not another Dragon Sage?”

“I don’t know. But I made sure that I accepted Claire Magnus’ emergency quest so that no other Dragon Sages would accept it. If that Dragon Sage is going to this battlefield, then it’s not because of Claire Magnus.”

Suddenly, a mafia squad radioed me. “Command! Please answer, command!”

“Jogudra Four, what is it?”

“Hostile dragon is approaching your position! Wait, somebody jumped out of the dragon! Shit! It’s the- aaaah!” Jogudra Four went static.

“What the hell!?” I cried.

I wanted to use my Timeline Prediction spell to see whoever it is, but I can’t strain my brain anymore. I don’t even have enough mana to do that right now. I’d better let Deva retain her form so that we can fight this new enemy we’re facing.

“Look at the sky!” Black Flame Dragon cried.

There, at the pitch-black atmosphere above the skyscrapers of the Third District, is a ten-meter-tall white humanoid dragon with blue armor plates. It has razor-sharp fangs, five horns on its back, steel gauntlets with triple claws, iron-bladed boots, and one long tail that is shaped like a bendable scepter. It spread out its six wings that unleashed colorful stardust.

“I can’t believe it,” I muttered. “It’s my first time seeing it in person. It’s a Pulsar Dragon.”

What I saw next is the most unbelievable.

On top of the Pulsar Dragon’s head is a teenage woman with long silver hair and gray eyes. Her pearl white skin matches her hair and eyes. Aside from having a familiar face, this girl is wearing a white gown with anti-magic steel plates. She’s holding a platinum sword with a golden hilt in her hand.

“Princess Amaryllis Viridescia,” Deva muttered.

1