Entry 1.
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A new transfer student appeared today, she looks pretty cute!] - 9:30 AM

Esther sat up in her seat, her eyes scanning the room quickly for the new student. To her, new students definitely meant new friends, and at the rate she was going, she would appreciate that greatly. Her hazel curls hid her face from view as she looked to the front of the room expectantly. There stood a slim girl, she had bright blue eyes and shockingly golden hair. She looked slightly confused as she made her introduction.

"Hello, Im Rue. Its nice to meet you all, I came from Tokyo, and Im delighted to make new friends." She said, her chipper voice drifting throughout the heated classroom. Esther's eyes followed her bright blonde hair as Rue continued down the aisle according to the teacher, and obediently sat in her assigned seat. Shoot. It was right next to the window, but Esther supposed that if she where to twist slightly she would be able to see her. She didn't try though, and the lesson started as usual. Feeling quite bored after ten minutes of learning English, she continued on to write.

[I wonder if she would want to be friends. Maybe I should ask her out for lunch?] - 9:48 AM

The rest of the class was spent unproductively with Esther only perking up to listen to Rue's questions and answers.

"Alright class. You have until 10:38 to rest. I, of course, will be in my office if anyone else needs me." Said the teacher, and Esther looked up curiously. She remembered that teacher wouldn't have bothered saying that if it wasn't for Rue, who was in the process of daydreaming against the window. As soon as as she left Esther put her head back down, and a bunch of girls immediately went to go establish their power place with Rue. Esther sighed and toyed with her eraser, sending the little rubbery animal skittering to the front of her desk as she heard the conversation quietly.

"Im Ana. Its nice to meet you!" greeted the top girl.

"Its nice to meet you too." Replied Rue in what Esther imagined was a calm tone, contrasting with Ana's passive aggressive one.

"... You must be lonely, sitting here by yourself. What do you say we go over there and chill?" Asked Ana, and Esther's ears perked. Would Rue submit to her order?

"No thank you, I like it here." Rue replied, and Esther tensed. She imagined the situation in her head, Rue's  bright hair positively on end with the force of replying. Ana would be livid, a muscle in her jaw twitching as she drew back her fist, letting it throw. Rue would retaliate by lightly skipping out of the way, her chest bou-.... what??

"I see." Ana's voice cut through Esther's confusion as the trio swept past her desk. Not quite.

"Esther." gritted out Ana, and Esther unwillingly looked up, offering a placid smile.

"What can I do for you?" She asked, the dialogue sour in her mouth.

"Go get us our food trays. Right now." Ana said, and Esther's eyes strayed to the faces of the other two girls. They held themselves haughtily, but the one with short, straight hair looked embarrassed to be doing this.

"...Eclipse, right?" Esther asked amiably, and she jumped a little at the sound of her name. Eclipse evidently decided that Esther's desk was better to look at than Esther herself, and the girl opposite Ana was absentmindedly cracking her knuckles. She was big and burly, and looked like she could knock Esther out flat.

"Look at her. Let her know your boss." Ana said, her tone practically dripping with venom. Eclipse reluctantly met Esther's calm gaze, her eyes where as black as the night sparkled with stars, but pricked with anxiety. Esther hoped that Eclipse would have the guts to stand up for herself after she became Ana's new target. She pushed herself off the desk defeated, and Ana's voice came sharp through her foggy thoughts.

"Sit your ass back down right now." She said, her eyes flashing. Esther lethargically sat back down, her eyes downcast as she focused on the floor in a last ditch effort to save herself. "Grab her backpack." Ordered Ana, and Eclipse bent down to hoist it up in her arms. Esther imagined the scene to be the center of the classroom, as was her seat. The chatter barely stopped though, and she looked up to see other classmates hastily avoiding their gaze. They where talking a little too loud to be casual. It was almost as if they where trying to spare her the humiliation she was about to experience as they glanced furtively about themselves. And Rue... what would Rue think?? She forced herself to remain still as Ana instructed Eclipse.

"Drop it on her." blurted out the big girl, and Ana glanced over at her contemptuously.

"Im sorry.." Eclipse's whisper found its way into Esther's ear, and if she hadn't been listening for Rue she wouldn't have heard it at all. She looked up with pleading eyes, and was momentarily struck to see her books being held right above her, meeting the strangely watery eyes of Eclipse.

"What do you think your doing?" Rue's voice hung clear in the air, every note suspended. She wasn't chipper and bright, instead her voice had a sort of professionally calm tone to it. Whatever the case, Esther willed herself to look up into Rue's bright, fuming eyes.

1