Chapter2- Genta
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was finally the launching day of Galaxy. Genta was an unemployed young man who stopped his studies in college two years ago after he got into a car accident, losing his parents. He was 19 years old at that time. His older brother took him responsible for their parent's death, so they drifted apart as time passed.

After the accident, Genta got a hideous scar on his face, going from the left cheek to the right one passing by the bridge of his nose. With that face, it was not easy to make new friends or to get a girlfriend.

Two hours before, the launch, Genta was looking at the recently installed gaming cabin. It was one of the perks of being unemployed, he had nothing to do, and could be as nonproductive as he wanted.

" Hakuna Matata " Genta, sighed as he tough about that.

His phone suddenly vibrated as he received a message. He knew the sender too well and he also knew why she liked messages over Call.

It was Chu Xia a Chinese girl around the same age as him. He met her during the bank heist months ago. She was accompanying her mother, a rich entrepreneur that day. She went back to China somedays after that but she did not forget to contact him when she had the time. He never said it to her but she was like a little sun brightening his life. She was not good at speaking Japanese, but she could write it without a problem.

Sunny:" How are you doing?

Scar:" fine, I think."

Sunny: " are you ready?"

Scar: " ready for what?"

Sunny: " ready to play Galaxy. Stop playing dumb we had been talking about it for someday now. I did not believe it at first when you said that you wanted to play it"

Scar: " if not for the money that the bank gave me, I would have been unable to afford it"

Sunny:" I am not talking about that. You look mature and serious not the kind of man who will play games"

Scar: " it is one in a hundred-year opportunity"

Genta wrote quoting the beta player from the other day.

Sunny: " don't give me that selling speech. But I think that it is nice to play in that game together"

Scar: " we and hundreds of thousands of players"

Sunny:" LoL, you still had not told me why you are playing the game."

Scar:" what can I say? I am just curious. There are many things I want to verify. Guess you also need to tell me why you want to play the game."

Sunny:" it is a game that is said to achieve 90 percent of realism. I want to explore its mystery. Also in the game, I will be freer without my mother constantly looking out for me"

Scar:" OK"

Sunny: " don't forget to contact me when you are in the galaxy. There is a Tchat option for that. I have already sent you my contact"

Scar: " you know on which planet you will be?"

Sunny: " Yes. I have done some research. It is planet Aquamarine for Chinese players and planet Hidden for Japanese players.

Scar: "thank you for the information"

Sunny: " you are welcome. I need to go. My mother is being annoying again"

Scar: " go ahead. We will talk later in Galaxy" 

Genta smiled as he felt great every time he talked with that friend of his. He felt a little excited looking at the gaming capsule installed in his bedroom. Perhaps they would have the opportunity to meet each other in Galaxy. It was unlikely considering the difficulty for an early player to go from one planet to another. But according to his strange memory, there were cases of players going on planets that were not reserved for their countries.

" Perhaps I could choose planet Aquamarine as my entry points?" Genta though, that way he could easily check whether his conjecture was true or not.

Finally, the hour of launch got closer and Genta entered his gaming canine. He felt comfortable lying inside it.

A window appeared in front of him and he chose the option " log-in" Genta was entering Galaxy.

3