Chapter9- Assimilated
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Genta slowly opened his eyes. He was feeling a little dizzy as if he was suffering from a hangover. He opened his eyes very slowly and found himself in an unfamiliar room.

Genta raised his head and glanced at his body, more exactly at the clothes that he was wearing. Then we're the ordinary clothes that came with the beginner equipment.

" I guess that I am still in Galaxy" Genta concluded before opening the Game interface.

Name: Scar

Race: Human/Carbon-based (yellow)

Level: 1

Experience: 800

Main Class: N/A

Sub-Class: Civilian Lv.1 ( 0/50)

Attributes: Strenght 8(3), Dexterity 8(3), Endurance 8 (3), Intelligence 8 (3), Mystery 8 (3), Charm 6 (3), Luck 5 (3)

Unassigned Stats: 0

Energy 0 (Lv.0)

Energy Rank: 1-2

Grade: F ( Mortal)

You are just strong enough to steal a lollipop from a child."

Health points: 80/80

Stamina: 80/104

Abilities:

- Green leader

Skills: None

Talent points: 0

Class Talents: None

Influence: 0

Reputation: 0

Equipment: None.

Genta found that he could also use the forum normally and browsed through it.

"it's normal, to faint inside the game? I fainted and I woke up only a minute ago" a player posted eagerly to share his experience.

" me too, I fainted in the middle of a street. Now I am in the middle of a hospital" 

" at least you are lucky. I just fainted in the wild. When I woke up there was a snake next to me" someone complained.

" a big giant snake?" Someone joked.

" Is this some kind of game event? If it is the case, the developer did not do a good job" a player said.

Other voices were complaining until a post appeared on the forum.

" did you notice that there is no log-out option?" A player finally signaled.

There was a short silence on the chat as people registered the message.

" I just tried, indeed I can not log out" a player posted.

" you seem to be calm, despite all of this" someone berated him.

" What should I worry about. It is just a bug they will fix it.

A thing can not get worst than that" the calm player jinxed.

The next second a player posted a message with a link to a video on it.

" look at this video"

In Galaxy, a Player could record anything that happened in his or her field of view.

Genta opened the video, just like many other players, and the next instant the forum was set on fire.

" what the hell is happening. Why is the game getting so bloody?" Did someone ask?

The video showed the image of a pale-skinned and androgynous male dissecting a man that everyone on the forum could identify as a player. They were in the middle in a garish laboratory, and it was possible to see other players tied around.

" why is he crying so much, did he set the pain sensors to the maximum setting?" Someone asked.

" Are you dumb? Look at the corpses around the room!" An attentive player rebuked him.

" yes, they are players, what about them," the guy asked still unaware of the situation.

" It had been 2 minutes since the video started loading and the corpse had yet to disappear," the attentive player said.

" what are trying to say?" Someone else asked still confused.

" I am saying that. They died and they did not resurrect. Perhaps they will never resurrect again.

We can not log out and there are Npc torturing and killing us.

I think that we are trapped inside the game.

That in some way when we fainted we got assimilated to it.

You never thought that it was strange the way that NPC is so realistic?

I think that this is not a game, at least not anymore" the player finally exposed his thoughts.

" What if it is just a joke or a commercial strategy?" someone asked.

" I am a lawyer and doing this is against the law in Japan. If it was really the case, Condor the company that created Galaxy is going to lose a lot more than just their reputation.

I do not think that it is intentional" a player explained, and the situation was so chaotic that no one wondered why a lawyer will play in Galaxy.

" will we die in reality if we die in the game?" Someone finally shared is a concern.

" I do not think so. Having the pain set to maximum can indeed have some damage but he can not cause death" someone answered.

" not if we are really assimilated." Another player beeped in.

" it is just like the afterlife. It takes fate, or you can just die to know" a player said still in the mood to make a joke.

Genta was still reading. He knew far more than the other players about Galaxy. He knew about the information state. That it was a real universe of his own where a transcendental civilization created a technology able to drag people from other universes and use them as anchors.

He knew since the beginning that Galaxy was more than a simple game.

But he never thought even in his wildest dream that the game was going to assimilate all the players.

1