1. A Worthy Knight Indeed
59 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A long time ago, before the second great calamity, the kingdom of Hyrule was at peace. This story takes place during that time of peace and follows the path of a Hylian knight, a Gerudo Warrior, and a Sheikah Scientist. Whose paths intertwin only to lead them to discover a terrible secret that was better left undiscovered. Let me share with you this story as it was shown to me. I will begin with the Hylian Knight who works his way to the top and proves his worth.

His name was Tristan. Tristan had long wavy hair that he normally wore down (of course unless in training he wore in a ponytail), dark brown eyes, and stood at just below average height. He was both skilled with a bow and sword. Tristan was currently far away at the Military Training camp just outside the mysterious Great Hyrule Forest. Tristan was the best in his class however he was outcasted by most of his fellow classmates because of his skill. However he did have a few friends. Jake, Nicolett, and Oliver. They would hang out as a group a lot, however Tristan preferred to be alone most of the time. Even when he wasn't training he’d often go to the lookout towers and just watch the world go by. He was fascinated with Hyrule. From the littlest cricket to the tallest trees. He wanted to explore every inch of it. He also loved learning the stories of old. Legends of a Knight who saved Hyrule threw time without end. This hero was Tristan’s inspiration for becoming a knight. He wanted to be just like The hero of legend.

“Tristan… Tristan!” Someone was looking for the young knight.

“Ah! Yes? I'm up here.” Tristan looked down from his lookout to see the commander in charge of the camp. Uh oh what did he do? Tristan normally stayed out of trouble but sometimes when his three friends would pull pranks they would ask if he’d like to join in. Normally he'd say no but because of his lack of friends he said yes once and he and the others involved almost got kicked out. Never again.

“Are you daydreaming again? Come down, I'd like to have a word with you.” The commander then turned around and started walking slowly, waiting for Tristan to catch up. Tristan quickly shimmied down the tower and ran up to the commander’s side.

“Yes Commander Numor? Do you need help with something?” Tristan asked very politely.

“Not at all. You are an amazing student and are far ahead of your peers. I'd like you to take the final test. I think you are ready.” Commander Numor placed his hand on Tristan's shoulders. “I have faith in you. Come, it begins now.” Tristan and the commander walked to one of the training patches. Their Tristan saw that others were gathered to watch. This made Tristan very nervous. Pretty soon everyone at the camp had come to watch. Standing in the middle of a roped circle stood Tristan and Commander Numor. “Tristan you are the best in the class but in order to pass you must compete in a sparring match using your weapon of choice. You will be assigned an opponent to face. Prepare yourself.” Tristan walked over to an arrangement of weapons where he picked up an iron sword and wooden shield. 

“I'm ready.” Smiling with a spark of adrenaline Tristan moved into a fighting position.

“Very well. You have much fire in you. Your opponent will be me” Commander Numor picked up his spear and entered the ring. The crowd started chanting.

“Get him Commander!”

“You can do this Tristan!”

And with the sound of a bell the two men started to circle each other like crows in the sky. Numor leaped forward at Tristan. As if time itself slowed down, Tristan backflipped away and rushed for a counter attack. He hit Numor with his shield causing the commander to fumble back. With his opponent off his rhythm Tristan jumped into the air, maneuvering his body as a flip he hit the commander on the shoulder with the hilt of his sword causing the spear to fall from his hands. Landing on the ground again Tristan faced the enemy catching his breath.

“You fight good kid. But I guess that's what happens when I go easy on you.” Quick as the wind Numor ran up behind Tristan going in for the attack. Tristan was not ready and quickly held up his shield.

“Nice one commander. But you'll have to do better than that.” Tristan said through gritted teeth. He shoved Numor away with his shield once more.

“I already did.” Smirking, Numor crossed his arms as Tristan's wooden shield burst into flames.

“AH!” Dropping the shield in panic Tristan looked closely at the spear Numor held. It now began to glow a bright orange. “A flame spear!” Tristan narrowed his eyes looking at the commander.

“You have the heart of a beast. But you rely on your shield a little too much. So I got rid of it.” Numor charged at Tristan once more. Tristan jumped out of the way however Numor was quicker and threw his spear. It grazed Tristan by an inch narrowly missing his face. Fiery, warm embers hitting his cheek. Taking a deep breath Tristan concentrated, he held his sword up and opened his eyes looking directly into the commanders. Numor laughed. “You look like the hero of legend. I think you read too much about him.”

“Everyone is obsessed with something. Maybe you'd learn a thing or two by studying the forgotten ways.” Tristan smiled, taking another deep breath he charged Numor. “HYAAH!” Running straight up to him Tristan suddenly stopped. Swinging his arm out, kicking off with one foot he spun in a great circle. Hitting Numor’s armor with a clash. Numor fell to the ground. Tristan took the chance and leaped like a lion on top of the commander putting his sword at his neck. The fight was over and people began to cheer and clap. Tristan rolled off the commander and got up onto his two feet. He helped out his hand and helped Numor off the ground.

“You scratched my good armor, you brat!” Numor chuckled and scratched Tristan's head. “Well done kid I knew you could do it. I have already decided where you will be stationed. You are on your way to the heart of our kingdom, Hyrule Castle. Tristan's eyes grew wide with joy “You will leave tomorrow morning. Tonight we celebrate! Tell the cooks to prepare a feast for our champion.” The crowd cheered and came up to congratulate the new knight. “Follow me.” Numor whispered in Tristan's ear. The two walked to Numor’s tent where he did all his paperwork. Numor sat down behind his desk and Tristan stayed at a chair on the other side. “I will send you off with paperwork tomorrow for you to share with the people at the castle. Once they see the wax seal they will know it from me and they will take care of you. You will be taken inside and introduced to General Halvarn. You will most likely be working under him. He will determine your wages and exactly where you will be positioned in the castle. Because you are top of your class and going to Hyrule castle your title will be knight. Because you are graduating early by yourself there will be a small knighting ceremony for you with the king and your superiors. Depending on your position you will either live in the guards chambers within the castle or out in castle town in a home you will share with a few other knights. Showers, meals, breaks, and sleep time will be added into your schedule. You will be required to serve night shifts and those too will be added into your schedule.” Numor took a pause and sighed. He stood up and walked over to Tristan placing a hand on his shoulder “You were the best knight I've ever trained. So full of determination and courage. Never faltering over the stress and pressure put on top of you. Yet you are still a dreamer. You have that childlike wonder and passion. Yet you are kind and compassionate. I wish more soldiers were like you. I wish to give you something.” Numor then walked over to a chest in the corner and opened it. Once he turned around Tristan saw in his hands a beautifully crafted sword. The hilt was glimmering gold with sparkling red stones embedded in it. The handle was raped in a blood red leather ribbon witch ends hung off to blow in the wind. “This sword has been passed down my family for generations. Legend says it was forged in an era when shadow swallowed Hyrule and the land became as of twilight. It says that the forger was a knight as brave as they come who defended the princess. Through his courage he gave his life protecting her against the monster of shadow. The sword has been passed down the line through the first born son. I wish for you to have it. It would have been passed down to my son Jen. But he passed away in the line of battle and his mother followed soon after. Since you came to my camp I saw the same spark in your eyes that he had. That's probably why you have been my favorite. Please take it.” Numor held out the sword towards Tristan. Tristan stood up and gently took it. It felt so light and almost glowed with radiance.

“I.. I don't know what to say.” Tristan stood in awe looking the sword up and down.

“Good luck out their kid. May the goddess watch your journey.”  With that Tristan put the sword in its sheath and attached it to his belt. Numor and Tristan walked to the feast where everyone was enjoying the celebration.

1