5. Words Are A Good Slap In The Face
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

When he finally arrived at the entrance Tristan was stopped by a guard stationed there.

“I was told to be expecting you. Never imagined you'd be arriving so late and so formerly dressed. Please come on in, it's so great to have a new knight here.” The guard smiled at Tristan as he opened the gate. Tristan walked down a stone flight of stares dimly lit by candle light. Deeper from within the chamber he could hear laughing and clanking of silverware. Must be dinner time for the guards as well. Tristan’s shyness took over him as he slowly crept down the stars. He turned the corner to see the room open up to be much larger than expected. He could see a first level with training dummies and archery targets. Further in the chamber across the room there was a hallway where he couldn't see where it went. He could also see a lower level where there were many people sitting, eating, laughing, and talking. Tristan's one weakness was other people. He was very shy. Mustering up all his social courage he started walking down the stairs to the first level.

“Hey, Hey! Look, it's Tristan!” He recognized that voice. It was Timmy from the gatehouse. He got up and was followed by Issac, August, and Cade they ran up from the bottom level to greet the new knight. “We were wondering when you'd find your way here.”

“Yeah! You were totally awesome fighting the general. But you should know he was going easy on you.” Cade said his mouth was full of food.

“Don't tell him that! But it doesn't matter. The fact that you can do flurry rush and all those other moves are so cool! Come, have you eaten yet? Hold on, what the hell are you wearing?!” August poked the blue coat that Tristan wore.

“Oh, I um. The princes let me borrow this for dinner with the nobles.” Tristan was very nervous sharing at first. He didn't want the others to to think lowly of him, but the others eyes just sparkled with curiosity.

“Holy shit really!!! They didn't do that when I became a knight.” Timmy crossed his arms and pouted like a toddler.

“I was only able to because the princes said I was their guest. I didn't want to, but they insisted.” Tristan patted Timmy on the back.

“It's probably because they saw you fight the general and wanted to know more about you. The princes are pretty stuck up and you don't want to make them mad. I heard that three weeks ago Prince Dominic lost his shit in the library because a servant did something slightly wrong.” Tristan was shocked at Timmy's claims. 

“Oh I was with them most of the day. They acted very civil and fun.”

“That's because they were 'acting' that way. Trust me once they lose interest in you they will snuff you out and treat you lesser than them.” Cade's accusations of the princes made Tristan very angry.

“Well I'll have you know that Prince Archer himself asked me to be his appointed knight. Have any of you ever been with the princes in a casual state? Probably not. They act how they act around people like us and other nobility because they must keep up their reputation as Princes of Hyrule. You might think their acting stuck up but the truth is their acting is royal. They have to represent Hyrule itself and that is not an easy task! Show more respect.” They were left stunted by Tristan's words. “Have some empathy for goodness sake. You took an oath, now you should uphold it by respecting your royalty. All these rumors you have heard are probably nothing more than rumors. You don't even know why Dominic lashed out. He could have been having a bad day and most likely apologized to the servant afterwards.” As Tristan finished his angry argument the other knights started to look very ashamed of themselves. 

“Tristan, you are a worthy knight indeed. We apologize for being so rude. Hopefully you don't think any lesser of us.” Timmy bowed in apology to Tristan.

“No, not at all. Sometimes people just need a good slap in the face.” With that said by Tristan they all gave out a good hearty laugh. Tristan found new friends who he was very excited to work with. The four knights showed Tristan around the guards chambers and showed him to the sleeping quarters. They found Tristan's bed right next to his new friends with all his belongings laid neatly on it.

“Oh goddess, I'm so sorry you also have to deal with Issac’s dreadful snores.” 

“Hey!” Issac said in protest. The group laughed and sat around talking to each other. They wanted to know everything about Tristan, and Tristan wanted to know about them and their experiences from living and working in the castle. They told stories and made jokes until it was time for bed. Tristan neatly folded Archer's royal outfit into a pile and set it on the trunk at the end of his bed. This trunk also held all of his personal items.

“I'll have to return this to him tomorrow.” Tristan thought in his head. Just the thought of being able to see the prince tomorrow left butterflies fluttering away in his chest. He lay down in his bed and thought about what tomorrow would have in store for him. With dew time Tristan shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

We will now leave Tristan to walk amongst the clouds as he sleeps and dreams of all the pleasant things in the world. Let us move to the unforgiving Gerudo Desert and hear the tale of a great Gerudo Warrior and how they uncovered mysteries hidden by sand.

0