Chapter 16
409 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Blaaargh!**Gruooogh!**Ywahhhhr!**Ruogrrrrhhh!**Bleeergh!**Griiiacht!**Wryyyyy!*

Countless inhumane sounds were heard from behind the woman, making her turn around with wide eyes.

"T-That thing isn't dead?!" asked Hawks looking at the monstrosity that was slowly standing up.

"I guess not... you have been fighting it for a while, any ideas on what to do now?" asked the woman.

"Well, I guess we can continue doing what I have been doing so far Ryuko..."

"And that is.." said Ryuko while looking at the towering figure of the monster.

"Run." said Hawks while moving as far away as possible.

Ryuko looked at the spot where Hawks was before shaking her head and running behind him.

The monster focused his eyes on the two running figures, but was more interested in the huge creature that attacked him.

After looking around with it's nine 'living' faces, it found nothing and chose to pursue the two runners instead.

Seeing the attention back onto them, Hawks couldn't help but curse under his breath.

"Any idea on what to do now?" asked Ryuko.

"Sigh, I have none. Honestly I would think that just attacking him should eventually do the trick, but I can't really ask you to put yourself at risk like that considering how the other..."

"Yeah, I was expecting that answer. How long until reinforcements arrive? We really need some long-ranged fighters."

"Not sure, I expected him to arrive before you so it shouldn't be too long now."

"I see... well, guess there isn't much of a choice then." said Ryuko while transforming into a dragon and breathing fire at the monster, who was already close to them.

The monster threw his tentacles at Ryuko while his body was being hurt, forcing Ryuko to stop breathing fire and gain distance in order to avoid the hit.

The monster used this chance to rush, however it didn't go for Ryuko like they both expected, it instead went for Hawks.

"Damn." muttered Hawks watching the tentacles get closer. "Huh, I guess it wasn't that bad of a life after all..." he said while closing his eyes.

"PROMINENCE BURN!"

.

.

Meanwhile Mahito was extremely proud with herself. Today she managed to combine ten people, that's right the six heroes who attacked and the family of four that formed her mask. This combination resulted in a monster stronger than a regular Nomu since it had ten different quirks.

It wasn't exactly op since the quirks got in the way of each other and everything about it was nothing more than an ugly collage, but if he combined people carefully and with dedication, he could surely create curses even stronger than the strongest Nomus.

There was however one thing that placed the curse she created above the Nomu's, it was also why the curse managed to cause so much destruction. It had to be killed ten times before it stopped moving. Sure it appeared to grow weaker with each death, but it still killed several by surprise with this trick.

As Mahito arrived to his apartment, he took off the mask and said something while touching it.

< Idle transfiguration: reversal > (basically Mahito undoes the 'curse' by shaping the soul of the person back to what it was before he turned them into a curse.)

The mask slowly turned into a black-skinned woman with rabbit ears.

*Gasp*

"So? How did it feel to be a curse?" asked Mahito with a smile.

The woman however didn't answer, she was on her knees, supporting herself with her hands while panting.

"W-What the hell was that?" said the woman, though it came out lower than she intended.

"That was what being a curse felt like... so? Pretty awesome right?"

"Y-You are a monster." said the woman looking at Mahito with both fear and disgust.

"Now now dear, I am not a monster, that is just mean." said Mahito while getting closer. Eventually he reached her ears and whispered. "I am a curse."

< Idle transfiguration >

The woman looked in fear and hatred as she felt herself being destroyed and lost again. In an instant she turned back into a mask.

"Well that was nice, I wanted to see what kind of expression you would have and you didn't disappoint at all... so let's get along from now on, Rumi-chan." said Mahito while smiling widely.

.

.

"I understand she is dangerous, but she already is a level A villain. Level S is too much for someone who only stays back or runs away during fights." said a member of the Public Safety Commission.

"She created a monster that killed 13 pro-heroes, 9 side-kicks, over 20 policemen and over 30 civilians! We had to kill it 10 times! Someone who can create A or S rank monster-like villains out of people should be nothing less than an S rank!" replied Hawks frustrated.

Silenced ensued momentarily, before Ryuko spoke.

"What about Mirko?"

"Based on the results we got from the monster... Mirko wasn't a part of it." answered

"What? I saw Mirko be encased like the others by Necromancer's black cocoon." said Hawks confused.

"Well, according to our results we have the DNA of 10 people in that thing... from your story, Mirko and six other pro-heroes got trapped in that black thing, so the numbers don't add up."

While everyone was trying to understand, Hawks remembered something.

"Her mask." he said while his eyes widened.

"What?"

"When Mirko broke her mask, she reattached it. The mask after being reattached had four different faces, each of them making inhumane noises. She said they were a family reunited. the four faces the mask had added to the six other heroes that got trapped in the cocoon would add up to ten. But in this case, Mirko would be... the new mask." he said slightly horrified.

Ryuko's eyes widened while she gritted her teeth and clenched her fist in anger. "Necromancer..." she muttered under her breath.

"If what you are saying is true... then she would be able to store monsters in small forms..."

Everyone's eyes widened at the implications of the comment.

"She could have an army and no one would even know."

10