Chapter 2
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We could start with a ‘thank you’ and introductions” 

As the man finishes, his thin lips arched into a magnificent menacing yet soft smile. 

 

“Tha- thank you”

As if he was gratified by such a phrase his deep blue eyes arched into a crescent and smiled at Xiu. 

 

“Why don’t we take a seat?”

When the last syllable of his sentence fell quiet, the man elegantly sits down on the lounge that spanned across the room. His long legs formed a crescent as he swung them across his other leg. Xiu reluctantly sat down across from him. 

 

“Who are you?”

 

“I cannot disclose that at this moment, but the name Lyul is sufficient.”

 

“Xiu, likewise.”

 

“Don’t be so tense, I just saved you. Wouldn’t it be inhumane to suddenly throw you out?”

 

“How did you know those were [[Pavillion]]’s dogs?”

 

“Hm? I have my ways. “

 

As they finish the conversion a knock was heard from the door, and following a woman holding a black suit jacket walked in. 

 

“Wear this”

 

Ten minutes later a man wearing a black suit and gray sweat pants walks out from the back of the club. As Lyul sat in the room a thud is heard at the door, which prompted him to unlock the door.

 

“Tch, people these days.”

“Ahhhh~~ Lyul!”

 

In front of him was a man in his later thirties, his robust stature held on to another’s head. Prospectively the noise was from the person in the man’s hands making contact with the door. Before Lyul could react he went in for a hug. 

 

“Get. the. Hell. Off. Me.”

 

As Lyul pushes against the man’s forehead and neck his considerable small stature was already engulfed in the man’s robust body. They settled down into the lounge as they sat across from each other. 

 

“Have you heard the name Xiu Kuygu?”

 

“Oh? I don’t see you as the romantic type”

 

“Ah, you're mistaken. He needs to die”

 

“Hm… Give me information, I’ll see what I can do”

 

“Heh, my dogs sniffed his sent in this club today”

 

“Oh really?” 

Lyul leans closer to the table in between them his smile was now sinister, his pitch-black irises stared back at the man in front of him. Lyul looked like a Vixen planning every move, playing with its food before eating it. 

 

“Let’s get down to business,” as the man broke the slight silence formed by Lyul’s sinister expression he continued

 

“I need an entrance ticket” 

___

Araendae Regional Police Department. 

“I hate my life” those were the words of a prospectively gracile man sitting at a desk with sketch paper uttered. Upon raising his head, his sharp features had a pair of golden glasses lay upon them. His long hair was tied back into a ponytail. He dawned a doctor’s coat.

 

~Ring Ring~

 

“Hello? Oh, ok” across from the doctor was a petite woman who was quite top-heavy. Her blonde hair shined brightly like the sun in the autumns of the region. 

 

“Thanks, bimbo” those rude words were uttered from the phone line as it was put on speaker.

“Anyways, Hans~~ how’s everything going? I hope you didn’t start the facial reconstruction~ It was my mistake I thought the technical department was busy I didn’t mean for you to do it by hand” 

 

As his sarcastic comment ended the person presumed to be Hans walked over and coldly spoke as if he was offended.

 

“I hope you know that Forensic Pathology isn’t my only job. I’m on call today, you wasted thirty minutes of my life. 

The next time you provide me with useless information– I hope you can find a medical examiner next time you find a body~~~”

 

As he angrily ended the call, he looked up. 

“Dr. Phis your so cool!” as the woman spoke up, a man in his mid-twenties looked up and asked

“Doc are you actually planning to not help?”

 

“We are already short on medical examiners, he can suffer”

As Hans finished talking four people walked through the automated glass doors. As they walk through a woman with her black hair tied back into a bun with lavender tips spoke up.

 

“[[Web]] is on the move again.”

 

As Xiu and the women made it out the alleyway, he was pushed into a car and promptly sat in the passenger seat. After a kick, a slight ‘click’ noise was heard. Presuming was a firearm that was pointed at his head, he decided that it would be best to not provoke the person behind him. Twenty minutes later, the driver's seat had opened. As Xiu looked over to his left a file containing a copious amount of papers was thrown at him. 

 

“I suggest you look through those”

 

Xiu’s eyes widened upon seeing the information presented. Everything, his history was recorded. The current status of his team members, and the exact time before he went into a coma– ironically the hospital that he woke up in wasn’t recorded. 

 

“What in the world is this?!”

 

“Your information”

 

“How??”

 

“I’m sure you're familiar with the web, information as such is easy to obtain with the right strings”

 

“Why– why are some of my team members' status unknown?” Xiu spoke up with a shaken voice, he wanted to know what no one had contacted him. The possibility of his team being dead was higher than he could ever think. 

 

“It’s surface information, accessible with a police search.”

 

“What? How were you able to obtain such information?”

 

“I am a lawyer at a law firm, it’s only natural for me to be able to obtain such information”

 

“It’s not”

 

“Hoh I thought fourteen years dulled your senses”

 

“I’m not stupid, who are you?”

 

“I am a lawyer at a law firm. Let’s make a deal. I want to know what happened”

 

“...”

 

“I don’t see how it will benefit you.”

 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

0