Chapter 1 [The New Student….]
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Kite Forest is a forest that has many patches in it, yet it was large enough and thick enough to hide many things. One such thing is a small wooden house that one could call a cabin perched up on a small rocky hill. In front of the house was a small river of water surrounded by rocks. On the ground traveling even under the trees was bright green grass, the kind that would feel wonderful if someone were to roll around in it. With the bright blue sky, few fluffy clouds, and the bright sun this place looked like it came straight out of a fairy tale. and not one of the grim ones.

Perhaps the only odd thing about this place would be the lack of animals close to the house. There were plenty of birds around the forest and, if one were to look close enough they would see small and big animals running around the undergrowth. Yet, the only animals that came close were insects and an two ducks that live in the old duck nest that's still in use after being there for over eight years. 

The house itself is pretty odd. It looks old and abandoned yet there was some things like a generator and a electrical panel on the outside of the house that says otherwise, especially with how high tech the devices looks.

This morning was like every other morning in this little clearing of Kite Forest and no animal expected anything to happen. That's why, when the door to the old house opened up, every animal froze and turned towards the noise, their muscles braced. 

Out from the door came a strange creature the animals have only seen once or twice before, though this one was different. It stood on two legs, wore a shiny white and silver one-piece dress, (not that they would know what a dress is) had long light blue hair with blue eyes and white pupils, and light tan flawless skin. The last piece of detail, besides how young they looked, was the light blue collar around their neck with a silver necklace coming out from underneath the collar that disappeared underneath the dress.

The strange creature sniffed the air and took a couple of steps forward, their eyes closed, and stretched their arms as wide as they could, like they were reaching for the sky. Then, they opened their eyes and smiled.

 

"Hello World!"

 

 

........

 

 

Eerie let out a sigh as she stared out the window, desperately wishing that it would rain so she could take the bus today. She just wasn't in the mood to walk home. It's not like the weather is bad or anything though. It was quite nice. 

With only two periods left, and both periods being none involving actual work, Eerie's only concern is to think about what to do when she gets home. As she thought about it, she managed to settle down to two options. One being to play videogames and the other one to just sit around under a dark blue blanket at home and watch tv on the couch. 

Class was boring as usual too and, even though she likes her teacher, Mrs. A, she finds her lecture boring and, to be honest, a little annoying. Maybe it has to do with the current topic about the Civil War or maybe it is the act that Eerie is currently tired of her new life. Maybe it might be both. Who knows? 

As Eerie watched the sun from the outside, patiently waiting for the bell to ring, the phone in the classroom suddenly rang. Distracted by the noise Eerie turned her head to look at the phone, trying to remember the last time she has ever seen the classroom phone ring. Normally, if they have something to tell the teacher they call them through the intercom. 

Mrs. A picked up the phone and answered it, seemingly a little annoyed by the sudden interruption, but her expression quickly changed into one of disbelief and confusion. She lowered her voice and started speaking back, presumeling asking questions. Because Eerie was seated near the back of the classroom she couldn't hear anything of what was being said, though she doubted that she would hear the conversation if she was in the front of the classroom.

When the conversation ended Mrs. A put down the phone and excused herself before promptly walking out the classroom door. Eerie frowned at that before looking up and noticing the time on the clock. There was still twenty minutes left in class.

'Just my luck.' Eerie muttered in her head before settling her head back down on the desk, her eyes looking back out the window. Whatever happened that caused Mrs. A to leave the classroom isn't her problem...

....or at least, it shouldn't be. Yet it seems curiosity once again is getting the better of her. It didn't help that Mrs. A never returned. Instead, one of the substitute teachers came in and just gave everyone work to do that, if they didn't finish, would be homework. Eerie didn't have any complaints about the sudden change in assignments since it more benefited her than it did bother her. 

However, just as Eerie finished the worksheet she was given, and the end of the period came closer and closer, one last surprise came. The door to the classroom opened and in came Mrs. A, walking swiftly and with a purpose. She walked to the front of the room and beckoned the substitute teacher over. After whispering something in her ear the substitute teacher nodded once before leaving without another word. Once she left the classroom, Mrs. A clapped her hands, getting everyone’s attention.

“Alright now, students. I have some important and rather surprising news so I need you all to listen up,” Mrs. A said, her eyes scanning the room, looking for anyone out on their phone.

“I know this is a surprise and obviously a little late, but we have a new student who will be joining us today.”

Instantly almost everyone in the classroom perked up. Even Eerie found herself leaning forward, interested.

“So, without a further ado, she’ll come in.”

The new student who came through the door was nothing what Eerie was expecting. She wasn’t expecting much but the appearance of the new student was enough to take her breath away.

She was on the small side, resembling a little girl, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t old enough to be in high school. Her hair was long and blue in color, almost matching her eyes which were a couple of shades darker than her hair. Her skin was light tan and seemed to glow, seemingly flawless. With the white summer dresses she was wearing, the tan sombrero, and absolutely beaming smile she had on her face the new student looked like a rich model.

“Hello, Everyone!” The girl cried out, waving her right hand at all the students in the room. She didn’t seem the least bit nervous despite having around twenty-three pairs of eyes on her.

“My name is Blue, Blue Lily! It’s so nice to meet you all!” Blue introduced herself, excitement practically dripping from her words.

Eerie didn’t have to look around to know that all the boys were blushing, staring at her with hearts in their eyes. Some of the girls were blushing too, Eerie included, though none of them had hearts in their eyes. When faced with such enthusiasm, who wouldn’t blush?

“Does anyone have any questions they want to ask Blue, then ask now,” Mrs. A said, a bead of sweat running down her face. It seems even she is surprised by Blue’s energetic introduction.

Immediately thirteen hands raised in the air. Despite their being thirteen hands, one of the boys asked his question without raising his, not caring if he wasn’t called on.

“Are you a foreigner?”

Blue blinked in surprise and cocked her head, confused.

“What’s a foreigner?” She asked, her voice showing that she really didn’t know what the word meant.

‘How sheltered do you have to be in order to not know what a foreigner is?’ Eerie thought. Any plans she had to try to become Blue’s friend, which is frankly none, went away. The last thing Eerie needs is to hang around some sheltered dumb and naive rich girl.

“Oh! No, I’m not from another country. I was born here,” Blue explained, tilting her head the other way.

Eerie noticed that Mrs. A was standing beside her. She probably gave Blue the definition of a foreigner.

“Are you rich?” A random boy asked. At this point many of the hands that were previously raised went down, seeing no point in raising them and making their arms tired if they could just yell out what they wanted to ask.

“Rich? Yeah, one could say I’m rich,” Blue answered, her eyes instantly finding the person who spoke, “That is if you consider two point three million dollars in my personal account rich.”

“Are you signal?” Another boy asked, earning him a round of glares from numerous students.

“Yep!” Blue answered without a moment’s hesitation, “I also live alone in my house.”

"And where is your house?" A girl asked. Eerie turned to look at the person in surprise. The girl who spoke out, named Trace, was one of Eerie's few friends and, like Eerie, she was normally the quiet don't get involved type.

Blue didn't answer Trace right away. Instead, her eyes studied Trace, as if she was looking for something. It was so subtle and quick that Eerie was sure only she noticed it. 

"...It's in Kite Forest. Say, have you heard of it?" Blue asked, giving Trace a closed-eyed smile. Eerie noted that there was a slight tone that was off in her voice.

'Either she is not as naive as I first thought or she doesn't like Trace for some reason.'

Eerie narrowed her eyes, trying to figure out which is one it is.

Trace shook her head, her expression neutral. Seeing this Blue looked away, having lost interest in her. 

More and more questions were answered, most of them being ones that didn't interest Eerie at all. Like, for example, Eerie could live without knowing that Blue's favorite color is Rosso Corsa, which is a shade of red, nor that her favorite drink is cherry soda. Surprisingly, despite being named Blue and having blue hair and eyes, both of which are fake, Blue likes a lot of things that are red and black.

'Eight minutes left of class then I can ignore the new student with a nice nap.'

In the front of the classroom, Blue's eyes settled on the unaware Eerie, her expression half confused half neutral, before she looked away.

'Now that I'm finally made it into school, I can begin my grand plan!' Blue thought, closing her eyes, 'Get ready, sister. I am going to prove you wrong.'

 

0