Ch. 20 Night Assault; It’s payback time!
534 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a 'click' sound the door to Emiya residence was opened. Ryan walked in first before he gestured to someone behind him.

"Come in, Ayumi. You can wait here for a while, we will discuss your matter with Fujimura-sensei when she arrives later."

Ryan had already messaged Taiga about Kanade's and Ayumi's circumstance after Ayumi told him at the park. Taiga said to wait for her at Emiya residence, and that's why Ryan brought Ayumi there.

"Is this really fine? I am sorry for troubling you, Ryan-senpai, but I feel like I am imposing too much on you…" Ayumi held her head low.

"Don't worry too much." Ryan led her to the living room so she could get some rest first.

"Have a treat. Here's a tea to calm your mind, and some cookies to lift your spirit, little girl." Ryan brought a set of tea and some cookies from the fridge after heating them.

"Thanks..." She smiled a little, though it still could not hide how dispirited she was at that moment.

Her sister's whereabout was currently unknown, and her step-father coveted her lewdly. Now that she had decided to not return to that terrible house ever again, she was confused about her uncertain future...

"Still thinking about your sister?"

"En...

"I only knew about the terrible things she has gone through after that bastard boasted to me all about it. From the way he spoke about his horrible deed, I could see just how much he was enjoying himself in my sister's suffering... Hmph! I feel like what I did to that bastard was still lacking so much..!"

Ryan revealed a slight smile as he suddenly spoke, "Oh, want me to get rid of him, Ayumi? You just need to nod, then it will be done soon."

Ryan chuckled a little. His eyes narrowed slightly as cold gleam flashed inside them.

"You sure know how to joke, senpai. Haha... ha...– wait, seriously?"

"Hahaha! I was joking of course. I am just a normal highschooler, how could I do it? Your reaction is quite funny, Ayumi, just like your sister."

"..." Ayumi was quite speechless.

This guy... I wonder what big sis looks at this man to make her fall for him...

"Your sister is a smart girl. She knows what she's doing. I don't know why she didn't tell you or me about it sooner, but she's not the kind of woman to give up easily. She should have other reason."

Ryan spoke calmly. As he looked at the reflection inside the tea water, he quietly thought about Kanade's change in those days.

Around four months ago, there was a time when her spirit had suddenly fallen so low that even Ryan would not be surprised if she took her own life in her depression.

He tried to cheer her up back then, and it worked to some extent. As time passed, although she was still looking depressed, the spirit inside her eyes told Ryan that she had recovered more than he thought. Thinking back on it, he forgot that she was not the kind of woman to just give up after failing several times.

In fact, Ryan knew that she viewed him as a target since he beat her on their first meeting at the tournament back then. And since then, despite her continuous failure when she challenged him again and again, she kept coming to the club and practiced harder than anyone else just for a chance to win against him.

"Is that so..?"

"You should think more about yourself now. What will you do after this? I personally recommend you to keep studying, Fujimura-sensei also would say the same thing if she's here. As for your step-father, don't worry, there will be someone to take care of him. He would get the punishment he deserves."

Ryan did not speak more, he merely smiled lightly as Ayumi went into deep thought.

Meanwhile, in the foreign district, in front of Kanade's house.

"According to the address Ayumi said, this should be it.

"I've been wanting to visit her place for some time ago, but I didn't expect I would come here in this circumstance…"

Ryan opened the supposedly locked door with ease. As soon as he opened the door, dense alcoholic smell and cigarette greeted him. He could sense there was a living person in the next room. From the looks of it, that man should be Kanade's and Ayumi's step-father.

"Lancer, guard the door. Make sure no one disturb me for few minutes, I will settle this quick."

"…understood." At that moment, unbeknownst to Ryan, a strange glint flashed in Lancer's eyes when she looked at his back. 'Did he notice something back then?'

She was thinking quietly as she waited at the entrance gate in her spiritual form.

Ryan walked past the messy room. It was like appearance of broken ships and wreckage. When he arrived at next room, he saw a middle-aged man was snoring, sleeping soundly on the floor surrounded by a mess.

"This is..?!" Ryan initially wanted to torture the man before killing him. However, the sight in front of him sent a chill on his back.

That middle-aged man was indeed still sleeping soundly, as though he was having good dream. But–

In reality, his hands, feet, and half of his body had slowly been fused to the floor. It appeared to Ryan that the floor was devouring, assimilating the man with itself.

When Ryan stepped near the area, it felt like the floor he stepped on became slippery and vibrated, as if it was wary of him.

Ryan quickly stepped back.

But a large slit had immediately opened at the place he was about land; a wooden mouth was baring its fang at his feet!

Without thinking much about it, ice appeared under Ryan's feet, freezing the entire floor and that poor bastard too.

"Oops. It must be a blessing for that bastard, dying so easily like this."

Painful hissing sound echoed across the house, it was probably feeling hurt after Ryan froze the entire living room.

'!!!...OUt... oUT... GEt Out!!'

At that moment, Ryan felt a strong will was coming from every part of the house, screaming for him to move out.

"Heh. Interesting. When I thought things have been pretty boring lately, this came at the right moment."

There was a grin on Ryan's face as he looked at the house which had become 'alive' in front of him.

Although he did not know the cause of this strange event, he realized that the Hayakawa family might not be as simple as they looked. Even if this was not directly caused by them, they should have a link with unknown Mystery.

Frost was gathering on his hand, they were spinning so fast that their coldness froze nearby air around them.

Ryan felt his spirit was lit up after so long. His eyes held a hint of excitement as he faced the rising wall, floors and home appliances.

"Sorry, girls, looks like I'm gonna be 'slightly' rough with your house."

Five minutes later... A gust of freezing coldness burst out from Hayakawa residence, it froze the entire house into a big-sized ice sculpture.

Not long after, Ryan walked out of the front door accompanied by freezing breath, he was smiling a little as he spoke to Lancer, "The outing's harvest isn't bad, I managed to exercise a little. My gut's telling me things are going to be interesting soon, Lancer. Let's return."

When Ryan stepped outside the front gate, the ice melted, they instantly disappeared under blinding sunlight, returning the house to its previous look.

On the way back, Ryan became pensive as he thought on the source of that unnatural event. When he saw the the cause of such apparition, he couldn't help but hold his breath in surprise.

'It was just a thread of hair... But, whose it is?'

'Ryan' who was in Emiya residence suddenly turned to look at Ayumi. His gaze was a bit strange, causing her to shudder slightly.

Is it her? But her mana is pitifully low; it's the standard for normal human. According to Ayumi, Kanade was also already missing for few days at that time. Then, if not these two sisters, who else?

Ayumi, who was feeling Ryan's gaze, braced herself as she asked him, "...senpai, are you really not dating my sister?"

"Ah? Hm, looks like the misunderstanding is deep. But, I am really not dating her. Though, I like teasing her." Ryan smiled. He then saw that her countenance strangely brightened after she heard him.

This little girl... I thought we only met few times before. Then, how come?

"To me, you two sisters are still just little girls. I prefer older woman, honestly."

Counting his age from his previous life to this current life, Ryan would be almost in his forties now. Although young girls like Kanade and Ayumi had more vibrant youthful charm, he honestly liked more the mature charm exuded by Consort Yu or Artoria (Lancer).

This time, Ayumi's expression darkened.

"But of course, if you're slightly older, it would be good."

Ayumi secretly smiled, her face brightened a little.

Seeing that, Ryan quietly thought, 'How cute.'

~ ~

She had been moving from one house to another. After draining both men, women and children of their life energy, she went on to find another prey. That was her life these days.

After her defeat at Archer's hand some time ago, Kanade had been having this uneasy feeling. She missed her sister.

She had been unable to come back home while she was 'preying', as she could not afford to. In case she harmed her sister accidentally…

Her craving for life energy had been increasing since she summoned Rider. According to that person, it was because she could not provide necessary mana for her Servant. She could feel her lack of mana even more when she used 'it's ability, as the amount of mana to perform an act bordering on miracle was tremendous for an amateur like her.

That was why she had to find mana from outside source to fill for the gap; whether through absorbing their semen, blood, even devouring the flesh. She was already accustomed to such life since her memory awakened that time.

Had her 'father' not forced himself on her that day... maybe, those memories would not come back to her, and would be forgotten in the river of time. Then, she could still live as a 'normal' human for a few more years to come...

Unfortunately, there was no "if" in this world. Since it happened, there was no going back for her.

Even if that event did not happen, she also could not escape from the contract in the end. It was either she died an ignorant death, or she died as an informed ghost.

Unless, if she managed to win this War, and had her wish granted by the almighty, omnipotent wish-granting device just like what 'he' said, then perhaps...

"Have you had your fill yet, Kanade?" Rider looked around nonchalantly.

Just by looking around, there were fifteen men who were buck naked, each had a satisfied look on their face but their body was so emancipated that they were only left with bones and skin. They were laying coldly on the floor, with no breath left in them. Their essence had been sucked dry and devoured by Kanade.

"Hn. This was the last batch. It's time for a payback, Rider."

Kanade was looking forward to another fight with Archer and his Master again. "You'd deal with Archer, I will deal with his Master."

"Fine~ This time, I shall call for my brave soldiers too."

"...That junior of mine should have tastier mana than these guys, right?" Kanade licked her lips, she was a little excited at the thought of devouring Tohsaka Rin's mana.

The sun high on the sky had gradually stepped down. In its place, a half-moon gradually rose up, lighting the young night with its gentle brilliance.

That evening, Rider were sitting on royal carriage, accompanied by her warriors on the side of her carriage. Her men were covered in black shadows, but one could still see their general outline, as they each held a spear, a sword, or a bow.

In front of her, Archer was yawning when he saw her coming to him. He half-opened his eye as he spoke, "You're so slow, Medb. I am almost bored to death here."

Homurahara Academy's field was particularly empty and quiet that evening.

"You know this lady...? Have we met before, Archer?" Rider was pleasantly surprised.

"We have a fling several times in the Throne of Heroes, of course I'd recognize you."

"Heeh~ as expected of myself! Then why are you still aiming your weapon at me, my dear? Let's just enjoy the long night like how we usually do, yeah?"

Rider tempted him with seductive gaze, she opened her carriage as she gestured for Archer to come inside.

Her every acts were hinted heavily with sensual charm, stirring men's heart and inciting them to embrace their lust with her.

"Nah, no can do. I am on the job right now, we can have a good long chat next time, after I send you back to the Throne that is."

Archer sneered. His gauntlet glowed, one of them quickly transformed into a large halberd.

At that moment, his aura changed drastically. From quiet and lazy bearing, to raging waves who was seeking to drown others in his fury.

"..?!"

"Marvelous isn't it? This is a gift from my little lover." Archer smiled a little as he remembered the past event.

Queen Medb bit her lips. She was secretly cursing Archer when she saw his smug look.

"Come on, we can reminisce about this at the Throne later, Medb!!"

As he said so, Archer had already disappeared from her sight. He had taken the initiative to attack her!

"*Sigh* how ruthless... But, I like it!

"No matter what, you're also one of my darling, but here you are aiming your fang at me.. if so, I won't be polite either, Archer.

"My dear, brave warriors, crush him! Let him realize how foolish he is! Hyaahh!!"

Rider's men quickly went to intercept Archer together. They went in formation, trying to encircle him, while some were preparing to ambush him.

At another site, two woman were staring at each other. One of them was accompanied by colorful jewels floating around herself, while the other had blood-colored halo behind her back.

"Honestly, I am curious. How can you know about this ritual, Hayakawa-senpai? You are not a member of the Founding families, and you aren't from Clock Tower either. Then, how did you know about this Grail War?"

"...is it that important? We're just enemies at this point, no need for the extra thought, Tohsaka."

Kanade revealed a cold smile. Blood arrows and sword were formed from the blood halo, they were all aiming toward Tohsaka. Her figure was hiding inside blood mist. From outside, one probably could make out the outline of a pair of small wings on her back.

"Hah. You're right. I will get just the answer myself after I beat you down! Anfang– Burn!"

At that split second, barrage of magical bullet was shot from Tohsaka's jewel magecraft, completely blocking Kanade's path and drowning her inside the relentless assault.

One of black jewel shot suddenly exploded around Kanade, it became a small bounded field to trap Kanade.

"Heh."

At the same time, a certain young man was still cleaning the Archery club's field. As he focused on his task, he was still oblivious to the fierce battle happening at another side of the Academy.

21