Ch. 32 It’s safe, she’s legal!
453 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

January, 2004. 

It had been around one month since that fateful battle. During these days, Ryan had been relaxing for all he cared.

He visited Emiya residence from time to time, hanging out with Shirou, Sakura and Taiga in meantime. He explained the events of previous Holy Grail War to Shirou as he also apologized to Sakura for what Archer did to her.

Although Archer had helped her to remove the influence of Matou magecraft from her, it did not change the fact that he also used her for his own selfishness. Swallowing those fallen Servants and summoning Avenger through her.

However, surprisingly, Sakura already understood where Archer was coming from since he stormed Matou mansion back then. 

In return for allowing Archer to summon Avenger through her, she then asked him to release her from her suffering; to cleanse the traces of any Matou magecraft on her, especially those disgusting worms which kept feeding on her carnal desire.

After hearing it from Sakura, Ryan went quiet. He knew that Sakura had a staunch will despite her eager-to-please appearance. But, to think that she would actually cooperate with Archer on her own, it was quite surprising to him actually.

Fate would have it that even if Zouken managed to survive until the end, he would still be disposed by Archer to honor his promise with Sakura...

In the following days, Ryan also visited Ayumi in Taiga's house. When he told her that Kanade was going to faraway place to forget all about sad memories in this city, Ayumi did not look surprised the least. She gave a mysterious smile as she asked him, 

"Did she leave with a smile?"

Faced with Ayumi's question, Ryan remembered the scene when Kanade stepped to other end of the reincarnation bridge. 

Her smile contained sadness, regrets, and a hint of relief. It definitely could not be said to be a smile of happiness. Even so…

"Yes. She was smiling. But, I do hope she could smile better when we happen to meet again someday." 

Ayumi smiled lightly. She said to Ryan not to worry about her as she'd manage herself somehow. Moreover, Taiga had also helped her to deal with her inheritance, so she should be able to continue study without worries at least until she graduated college. After that, well, she said she'd see the various sight of the world, travelling to various places like her sister.

Later on, Ryan decided not to think about the previous battle as he wanted to rest properly. However, even that small wish of his was denied. It actually began since that day he acquired Sixth Magic. A sense of repulsion had been growing from within his very being. 

At first, it did not show any sign of abnormality. Though it changed after his [Heaven's Feel (True)] skill involuntarily merged with the Holy Grail. To be exact, there was actually a collision between his Sixth Magic against the Holy Grail of Third Magic, the one that Archer shoved into him back then. 

During the early stage, he managed to suppress it with his own willpower for so long. Even so, if it kept going on like this... even if Ryan could hold the fort, he couldn't help feeling annoyed at that sense of repulsion. 

The reason was because he couldn't have good times with Artoria or Yu properly because that repulsion kept cockblocking him at critical moments! 

Artoria was worried for him, while Yu sneered smugly instead.

That's why...Ryan had decided to work on his younger sister first.

Hmm, you ask if it's possible? Nah, despite her youthful appearance, Illyasviel is already 18 years old. It's safe, she's legal! 

Therefore, at this moment, in Kazami residence–

"Illya, can't you go faster?" 

"Ahnn! Why~?" 

"I can't hold it in for long!" Ryan spoke out with distressed look. His breaths were slightly ragged and rough, blowing warmly on Illya's lithe body as he seemed to hold back on something.

"Wait. Just a little bit more!"

"I'll go crazy soon if it keeps going like this..." 

Illya had her face flushed red as she blushed. She was laying down on the sofa with her back exposed bare to Ryan, moist with beads of sweat. She was looking like she was in pain and pleasure at same time as a warm and hard object invaded into her cherished place vigorously.

"I can feel it… A bit more, Ryan! Hnn~" 

Ryan kept trying, and Illya was also conditioning herself to accept it in its entirety.

"NNN~!"

Suddenly, Illya cried out in elation. Her eyes glazed over at Ryan with a dreamy look. She was too intoxicated to think straight or to keep notice of her current image. All parts of her body were burning up in an unspeakable ecstasy the moment that thing had lodged into her fully. Her whole body glowed in soft, red glow as her mana circuit was activated in full motion.

"Fuuh....it's done."

Ryan swiped his sweats off of his face as he sat on the seat next to Illya. He had successfully managed to transplant the modified Holy Grail of Third Magic to her. That sense of repulsion had gone from his body like it was never there.

Since Illyasviel was actually built to be vessel of the Holy Grail, it was honestly did not take much effort to transplant the Holy Grail. However, the dragon heart Ryan had previously transplanted to Illya caused some trouble instead. It rejected the Holy Grail with much opposition, as though it couldn't coexist with the Holy Grail.

So, Ryan could only take it back as he was transplanting the Holy Grail.

'The dragon heart should be able to eliminate the flaws within her body cells by evolving her. But, to think it would reject the Holy Grail…well, the Holy Grail should also be able to remove the flaws in her, though. So, this works fine too.' 

Ryan thought quietly as he put the ethereal dragon heart into another Imaginary numbers space.

"This is your drinks, young master, young lady."

"Ah, thanks as always, Sella." 

One of the homunculus maids Ryan took from Illyasviel, Sella, put two cups of warm tea on the table at their side. She then went to Illya's side to check up on her current status.

"How do you feel, young lady?"

"…It couldn't be more wonderful, Sella. The Third Magic has been finally returned to the Einzberns."

"Congratulations, young lady!"

"However, it sure is humiliating to get our long-cherished wish through this way." 

Illya muttered in self-deprecation as she looked at her bare upper body. At the center of her chest, she could see the silhouette of Holy Grail was slowly fusing itself with her thoroughly.

"Hey, I am still counted as half an Einzbern anyway." Ryan chimed in from the side.

"It is a little forcing it, but that reason is also acceptable." She shook her head slightly. She felt slightly depressed about it, as she initially believed she could retrieve the Third Magic by her own ability.

Even so, her feeling did not matter much. At the end result, she still managed to acquire the miracle the Einzbern family had been painstakingly sought for.

'Mama… Papa… can you see it now? I have succeeded the thing you two failed to get at…' 

Irisviel's sacrifice for Kiritsugu's sake. Then, Kiritsugu's act to save a certain boy from the fire back then.

Now, that said boy had grown up to be a man who could hold the sky on his hand. He even acquired his own miracle despite his young history.

It's a little vexing to admit it, but–

"Fufufu~ you're not bad, evil brother." Illya laughed lightly as she fastened her robe.

"Beats me. I know I am amazing."

Illyasviel nodded. She held on both ends of her robe as she gave a polite curtsy toward Ryan.

"The Einzbern won't forget this favor, Ryan. Shall you have any needs, we will do our utmost to help your cause."

"I will take your words on that, my dear little sister." Ryan gave a profound smile as he looked at how serious Illya was.

"En. Of course, the Einzbern is not one to forget a favor."

"Then, how about giving me a nuclear power plant as a thanks?"

Illyasviel: "..."

"It is doable, but it can't be done within short time. I'll probably need around 6 months before the power plant can be transferred under your name, Ryan."

Illya replied seriously. Her words held no joke nor falsehood within them. She would really set to do it if Ryan were to nod right now.

"Ugh, I may have that idea in mind, but I have no need for it at the moment. No need to trouble yourself with it, Illya." Ryan was a little startled seeing her seriousness, he waved off-handedly as he shook his head. 

"As the ninth head of Einzbern, I have that much authority. Now that I also possess Third Magic, even grandpa Jubstacheit won't refuse if you ask for more materialistic desire."

Ryan was sipping his tea unhurriedly, savoring the aroma of Darjeeling as he felt his spirit being energized slightly. However, Illyasviel's next sentence broke his tranquility as he coughed violently, almost choking on his tea.

"Personally, even if you say you want this body of mine, I won't refuse to attend to your desire too, my pervert of a brother. Kukuku~"

Cough! Cough! Cough!!

Ryan: "..."

Ker-chak!

The sound of glass shattering could be heard from the living room. A blonde-haired woman turned her sight toward Ryan and the giggling Illya with unusual stare.

Artoria was initially watching the news at TV, but then she turned toward Ryan and Illya when she heard it. 

Artoria was smiling with a smile yet not smile to Ryan, as if saying he should not think too much about Illya's small joke. 

Ryan shook his head helplessly. Even if he really wanted to do it…, 'The soul of Kiritsugu and Irisviel would definitely skin me alive if I really dare to do it with you, sis!'

Ryan had already regained his calm as he shrugged it off calmly. "Hm, what's that?"

A sealed envelope was put casually at small cabinet beside the table. That envelope bore the familiar seal of The Mage's Association.

'I didn't see it before.'

"Oh, that is a trial invitation for me sent by the Clock Tower. The Mage's Association seems 'slightly' concerned about the breach on the [Root] last time. Heh..."

"Ah."

"They'll surely be in one hell of a surprise if they know not only the Third has surfaced, but also the birth of the Sixth. Fufufu~"

The Clock Tower, eh. I haven't visited that place. Moreover, I also have a due visit there. Perhaps it's time to visit them.

"When is it, Illya?"

"Tomorrow, high noon. En? You want to join in on the fun?" Illya smiled when she seemed to realize his intention.

"Yup. I feel like meeting some people there." Ryan laughed a little. He had a little expectation on the trip to London. 

Over at the living room.

Artoria smiled to herself when she saw the pair of brother and sister were having a pleasant conversation. 

'Yeah, this is good too. However,...' 

The younger sister seemed more like a precocious kid who was tempting her brother to do some mischiefs together from time to time... 

"This is really the worst. Why are you still staying here, impostor?" Yu glanced from the side of her novel when she saw Artoria was smiling.

Artoria returned Yu's remarks with a collected laugh. "Are you still bearing a grudge upon the previous incident, lady?"

"Isn't that obvious?! Not only deceiving him, but you dared to impose your spirit to my vessel, the nerve you have! You should have just disappeared quietly back then."

"…it may be my misconception, but it sounds like you actually care about him, lady Yu." Artoria smiled lightly.

"Ha?! Are you out of your mind when you uttered such nonsense?" Cold light flashed inside her eyes as Yu glared at Artoria. 

It was not her being mindful of Ryan, or something along those line. It was because their fate had been intertwined tightly that she felt this strange feeling within her heart– or so she thought. 

Artoria might have kept her calm look, but her aura also increased slightly as she returned to stare at Yu Miaoyi. At that moment, Artoria looked like she was up for a fight at any moment. 

They stared at each other for a while. The air around them was tense. 

"...I admit that I was at fault before, lady." 

Artoria suddenly retracted her aura as she then sighed, looking apologetically at Yu Miaoyi. 

Eh, did I mishear things? 

Yu was surprised, but she kept her indifferent look as she was glaring at Artoria. 

"I did not intend to borrow your vessel to manifest, yet he did wish for my appearance too. It couldn't be helped..." 

At first, Yu nodded slightly as she felt Artoria seemed to properly apologize to her. However, Artoria's next sentence stunned her, causing her to freeze in exasperation. 

"After all, I am a 5-stars Servant, unlike a certain 4-stars Servant Assassin here." 

A particular memory she glimpsed from Ryan had suddenly surfaced in Yu Miaoyi's mind. 

Deeply imprinted in his subconscious, there was a nightmare Ryan preferred to forget than recalling them. It was the nightmare about a certain gacha game in which Ryan failed his luck for most of time... 

"..." Yu gritted her teeth in anger. 

A 5-stars Servant? Are you implying I am weaker since I am rated as a 4-stars Servant?! 

"That shitty rating of damned game can just go to hell!"

At that time, Ryan's voice reached out to them.

"Yu, Artoria, wanna have some vacations in London?" Ryan turned to look at Artoria and Yu. 

Artoria and Yu glared at each other before they turned away, not deigning to look at the other party. Although, they had their own ways to give their answer to Ryan. 

Ryan felt a headache seeing them almost broke into a fight then. 

'...they seem to have a differing view. *sigh* It sucks that I am not like one of those harem lead protagonists. Mediation isn't really my forte…' 

Ryan had noticed that there was seemingly a bad blood between Yu and Artoria. However, since they would be in each other's company for a long time to come, he hoped they would get to better terms at some point though.

'Should I just sleep with them altogether, having a play with three people? They say it's one of the fastest ways to raise our bond together too…'

Ryan seriously pondered over that thought silently. 

If there is a term "hole brothers" for men, there should be a term "stick sisters" for women, right? 

Previously, Ryan had only accompanied Yu and Artoria on different days. If he was with Yu on this night, he'd be staying with Artoria on the next night. There would also be time when he preferred to be alone, burying himself in cultivation and his experiments. 

However, in truth, he also had a dream of being accompanied by these two fine women together. That was the dream most men had! Though, since both women were not on good terms, it did not seem like his dream would be realized in these short time.  

The path of a harem protagonist is really a rough, and thorny one...  

* * * 

"...when she appeared on the church that time, at that moment, I could see there was a 'noble' soul inside her. Its glimmer was similar to the inside of the Grail. 

"Young man, I merely provided her a path. The one who truly guided her along the way would be that 'noble' soul. If you want to seek revenge on her behalf, should not you deal with that 'noble' soul, instead of me?" 

An uncanny smile appeared on Kotomine Kirei at that moment. 

Ryan had pierced his fake heart and destroyed his internal organs. Despite that, he still laughed unnaturally on the verge of his death.  

"You don't need to worry too much. I initially did not want to deal with you, fake priest. However, you just had to meddle in her affairs... It seems like you really can't live past the Fifth Holy Grail War as foretold." 

At that moment, Kirei had already fallen on the ground. His blood dyed the ground dark red. Soon, a fierce fire grounded his remains to dust, leaving him with nothing but ashes. 

'Soul, huh...' 

Laying on his bed, Ryan closed his eyes as he sensed his own soul. 

Since the moment he broke through the fifth level, his soul had been gradually strengthened beyond his previous limit. After he also made a contract with Artoria, a hint of blue streak also appeared on his soul along with the previous red streak. 

When Ryan looked at Yu Miaoyi through his innate [Heaven's Gaze], he could see that the color of her soul was crimson red. A seed of fiery flame could be seen glowing brightly inside her innermost core. 

As though feeling his gaze, Yu opened her eyes slightly. 

Her bare skin was wet, covered in sweats from Ryan's and hers. She was feeling fatigued and sore all over her body after their nightly sport just now. 

"...what are you looking at, Ryan?" 

Is it still not enough for him? 

Yu trembled at the thought. They had been going at it from three hours ago, and they barely rested now. She was not really ready for another round. Yet, she also could not deny there was a little bit of anticipation within her eyes. 

"Your soul." Ryan smiled a little. 

"Eh...? What did you see then?" Yu had an intrigued look on her face as she asked.  

"A soul that is beautiful and lively, passionate like fiery flame. Just like you, Yu." 

When Ryan was speaking, he noticed there was a slight fluctuation on her soul. It was swaying a little as her ears reddened a little without her knowing. 

Yu had no change on her expression as she criticized him, "You really like to speak nonsense. Aren't you just saying I have quite a temper, huh? Moreover, if mine is like a fiery flame, what about yours?" 

Her ears then perked up slightly. She was curious about how Ryan would see himself. 

"Mine? Hmmm, it was originally translucent, like a pure crystal. Detached, and desolate...?" Ryan thought about it as he looked slightly confused while replying to her. 

"Was? How about now?" 

"There are red and blue streak inside my translucent soul, giving it a nice change of color." Ryan smiled mildly. 

"Oh. I see. Hey, Ryan,…" Yu slid her finger on his arm as she looked straight at Ryan. 

"I have not made any strange or unreasonable wish before, right?" 

"Hm?" 

"This time, can you grant me my wish?" 

Yu appeared more serious than before, so Ryan also had to treat her wish carefully. After all, this was the first time she actually asked him for something about her wish. 

If it is her wish, it is most likely related to Xiang Yu… how to deal with this then…? 

Ryan felt a complicated feeling coursing his heart. He felt bitter and jealous over her relationship with Xiang Yu. However, there was also a feeling of empathy in his heart for her. 

To endure for thousand years, all for another chance of a meeting. Even when she knew such wish was impossible to begin with… 

"–kill my original self in this world." 

E-eh? Huh?! 

"Wait. What? Come again, Yu?" 

"Geez. I ask you to 'kill' my original self in this world. It should not be hard to do for you, right? We are also going to the Clock Tower tomorrow, so you will eventually meet her anyway." 

Yu sighed slightly seeing Ryan was dumbfounded after hearing her wish. 

What? Did he think I'd ask for lord Xiang Yu's revival? *sigh* If it is before this, I might have asked for it. But, now? There is no use for me to keep troubling lord Xiang Yu, even more so forcing my selfishness on him… 

Ryan: "…" 

Return my feelings, dammit! And here I was worried for nothing… but, why'd she wishes for that of all things? 

"…why?" 

"Ah, it's nothing much. It is just that…she should pay for what she owes." Yu muttered softly. 

Ryan went silent. After a while, he then raised their sheet, and his hands slowly roamed again on the soft, supple figure beside him. 

"Ahh, you're still going at it? Hnn~" 

"Let's drop that heavy talk a bit. I won't rest until you admit defeat, lady." Ryan smirked lightly as he continued their nightly sport, going for another fierce round amidst the veil of the night... 

This is not a punishment for her sending his feeling through a roller coaster before. Definitely not. 

16