Ch. 37 Guest from Afar
327 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Far above the Earth, at deep inside the boundless void.

Amidst the silence of the world, a black hole suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It started as small as needle hole, but it grew large rapidly as it devoured the surrounding celestial bodies.

Darkness soon spread from that point of space, engulfing the surrounding stars, extinguishing their light like a black flood.

After it had seemingly devoured enough stars, someone actually stepped out from the center of black hole!

That person was wearing red cloak covering their whole body and their face was hidden by grey shade under the hood.

As they looked at the domain of black hole, they spoke to themselves, "Only this much energy was needed for me to pass through...

"It appears this world to be quite sturdy. There should be decent numbers of strong existences in this world."

That conclusion came after their effort in repeated observation on the correlation between the strength of world barrier and the relative strength of that world's inhabitants.

From their countless attempts entrenching their influence into Lower Dimensions, their higher-ups concluded that the stronger the world's barrier was, the more there would be notable existence within that world. It was because the suppression of stronger world would nurture a lot of stronger inhabitants who tried to withstand the world's natural suppression.

"Yup. This world is quite passable to hold the trial."

They nodded slightly. As they lightly tapped into their bracelet, a glowing holographic screen appeared in front of their vision.

"Scan."

The ripples of various invisible wavelength were undulating fast through the space with unrealistic speed, going even faster than the light.

Their holographic screen kept flashing with new information as those ripples kept undulating throughout the world, deducing the past events and possible futures through innumerable calculation of the feedback data gathered from those ripples.

"This…a world which support multiple worldlines? Now this is some good news. As unreliable as she is, the Goddess really has outrageous luck…"

As if feeling threatened by their sudden intrusion, an inviolable and mighty Will descended from every direction, trying to crush the intruder from Outer dimension. It was as if even space-time continuum was expelling them, trying to reject their existence in its world.

Bar no surprise, they smiled, seemingly unaffected by the sudden attack.

"The Will of the World – Akasha, is it? As expected, you are quite strong among similar Wills of the World. However, you're still too weak in our eyes."

An ancient wooden staff had unknowingly appeared on their hand as they smiled. They chanted a prayer to the ancient wooden staff earnestly as the wooden staff got brighter by each seconds passed.

"–––Bragða, Hann hverr bógr óiverserinn."

At the end of their prayer, a phantom of gigantic tree was blossoming magnificently behind the red-cloaked figure as green light shone splendidly in the darkness of void. Looking it from afar, one would notice that the gigantic tree seemed to be holding up various world, and entrenched its roots in blurry mass of chaos, as if it was a primordial tree spoken in legends.

"We bear no malice, O' the Will of this World. We do, however, have a presumptuous contract to offer thee!"

When that phantom of gigantic tree appeared, the suppression from Akasha had diminished to the extent that it was negligible. Within that gigantic tree's sphere of light, almost nothing could harm the red-cloaked figure unless they could fare against its Will.

After the red-cloaked figure summoned the phantom of primordial tree, the heavy suppression and feeling of rejection from the world had slowly disappeared. In exchange, two 'people' appeared in front of that outsider, their face bore indifference to the sight of that tree, yet their eyes gleamed with extreme caution.

"What is your purpose in this world, foreign warrior?"

"Who are you? I will only disclose our contract to the Will of this World." An androgynous voice sounded calmly from under their mask.

"…we are the extension of Akasha, the Will of the World. I have no name, but since the World grants me the name of Alaya, therefore I am."

"Earth. Gaia. Do we have the qualification you spoke of, outsider?"

That red-cloaked figure pondered for a while. After confirming their claim through the data shown on her terminal, she nodded.

"I understand. You are qualified to represent the Will of this World. Then…"

They took out a small cube from their storage space, throwing it toward Alaya and Gaia. When that small cube arrived in front of those two entities, it stopped.

A holographic screen appeared from the cube, showing the contract they meant previously.

"We only ask to let us hold our trial in this World. In exchange, we will offer you the opportunity of advancement to higher level of planar dimension. If you agree, you can imprint your Will to that contract."

"…"

Both Gaia and Alaya were silent and expressionless. They looked at each other as they shared their thought through streams of will. Within that few seconds, the amount of information they had exchanged could even fill the whole library on Earth as they discussed various possibility of the meaning behind that offer.

After a while, they had seemingly reached a consensus. Then, they looked behind as they asked at the nothingness behind them, "What do you think?"

"Huh…?"

Chills seeped through their back as the outsider realized that it was not only those two existences in front of them. There was another party who was hidden from their sight. More importantly, no thing and no one should be able to hide their existence from the light of primordial tree!

Even if the one they brought was merely an avatar of the real thing, if there was an existence who could hide from it…then, that was already a hint for them to act with extra caution.

"…accept it. Although that Goddess is a playful one, she'd still abide by the contract. Not to mention this is a contract issued by her higher-ups, heh, she would get her pay and bonus cut off if she slacks on this one."

A man's voice tinged with playful tone suddenly sounded among them.

Yet, when that red-cloaked figure tried to detect his existence, she found that there were only three of them who were at the site.

"Who are you?" That red-cloaked figure frowned as they asked. Even their detection spell was nullified, if that man turned hostile…

"No need to hide your appearance, miss. We could be considered a long-time acquaintance after all. I seem to remember that the Goddess used to call you Alice, no? Hm, no… or was it Alicia?? Hmm, not that too… Ah, she used to call you little Cia, right?"

"Y-y-you…! Damn it! Show yourself! Are you a stalker who only dare to hide themselves, not daring to show their face?" That red-cloaked figure became agitated suddenly as that mysterious man exposed her little secret. Her previous mysterious and androgynous persona had disappeared, replaced by a visible anger due to her embarrassment.

"AHAHAHA! Looks like I was right. Well, we will meet again if our destiny aligns, miss. However, I have a message for your Goddess. Tell her that this World is under my supervision, don't mess around too much here. I may be weaker than her currently, but I can still give her a punch or two if she insists. And, fuck that shitty Goddess!"

"…" That red-cloaked figure was speechless when she heard that man cursed the Goddess. Even if she also held the same sentiment to him, but, she was still the priestess and junior of the Goddess. She would not take it lying down!

"If I hear someone dare to curse the Goddess, I'd usually teach them some sense and tell them Her greatness. However, it is a pity that my hearing is slightly bad recently. So, even if there are someone who curse Her, I could not hear it… what a pity."

"…yeah, a pity indeed." It was Black Dragon King Ryan who turned speechless after hearing her response.

'Looks like even her believer also has some screw loose in their head…

'But, damn~~ To think that she would resort to this move after her livestream was cut off, just how obsessed she is with it? She's really the definition of stalker, alright.'

After settling the details, the contract was imprinted by both Gaia and Alaya's will with 'Ryan' as the witness. After that, Alicia returned into the black hole she came from. As she disappeared inside it, the black hole quickly shrank until nothing ever remains of its existence.

"I wonder…how's the world outside now?"

He could feel that if he really passed through the black hole just now, he might be sent to a higher dimensional world. If he was lucky, it was not impossible for him to return to the Earth he lived in previously…

Despite knowing that, however, he realized that the worth of this world was the same with the Earth of his previous homeworld. The reason was none other because of his family.

'…Ah, I should probably try to bring them to meet father and mother. Hoo, I wonder how their reaction would be when they suddenly get to meet their daughter-in-law and granddaughter? Hahaha! I bet their expression would be a priceless sight to behold.'

The worldline which was connected just now was not his worldline. Meaning the time passed here should be still under twenty years if the flow of time between two dimensions passed at the same rate.

However, since this dimension was seemingly a lower dimension compared to his homeworld, there was a high possibility that time passed slower in his homeworld. Just like how one day in Heaven was equivalent to one thousand days on mortal world.

If it was really like that, he should still have the chance to meet his parents again in this life.

The only problem was how to bring his family to cross the River of Time, returning to the past, to this particular worldline…

Although Rin and their daughter were way stronger than most people after his enhancement, but they were still way weaker compared to him. The burden of crossing through the past was not an easy task for them to bear.

'Well, I should ask the old Sir for this kind of thing.'

. . .

At the coffee bar.

Ryan was slowly sipping his coffee as he savored each moment of it blended into his mouth. The sweet of chocolate and slight bitterness of coffee was mixing nicely into a velvety flavor of both. It was the perfect taste for a sweet tooth like him who wanted some coffee along with the rich sweet of chocolate.

Beside Ryan, there was only that other customer who he had seen when he came to that place. Even after Hinako Akuta left the bar, that other customer still sat alone on her seat, drinking her coffee in silence as she seemed to be in her own world.

The surprise Ryan felt previously when he acquired Essence Point after killing Demon God Pillar Flauros, and now the bitter feeling of rejection that he just experienced again, these feelings made Ryan felt...somewhat alive.

He ordered another mocha as he finished the first cup. At same time, that other customer also finished her time in the coffee bar. As she finished her bill at the cashier, she lightly glanced at Ryan who was drinking in his solitude.

'This young man is the Sixth? He seems like a normal youngster, though. Old Sir, you are too cautious.'

At that time, coincidentally, Ryan also raised his gaze. Their eyes met in that split second before they turned their gaze away calmly.

'Ah. So it's her. No wonder she feels somewhat familiar.'

As the woman passed by Ryan, he spoke calmly to himself, "I am ashamed to make you see such a joke, miss Aozaki."

In response to him, Aoko Aozaki stopped in her track. She looked at Ryan with some surprise, "I was only here to relieve some boredom. To think that I'd meet wielder of the Sixth Magic in my relaxing time, I should be honored."

"Likewise. I have long wanted to meet you, miss Aozaki. I am curious about your Fifth Magic."

The woman and young man looked at each other as they smiled calmly while hiding their true thought.

"Looks like we should meet at later date. You already have people waiting for you, kid." Aoko smiled lightly as she walked away.

True to her words, Ryan could already see that Illyasviel, Artoria and Yu Miaoyi had just arrived outside the coffee bar.

Ryan nodded calmly as he looked at Aoko, "It seems so. Well, I hope we can meet again next time, miss Aozaki."

As the three women passed by Aoko Aozaki, they merely glanced at each other as they then returned to their own path.

"How's it going, Ryan?"

"Not the result I hoped for, but it still ended kind of...well, I guess?"

"Poor evil brother... Let your kind sister comfort you then." Illyasviel smiled mischievously as she tried to pat Ryan. At same time, her forehead went closer to Ryan's.

As Illya tried to get her share of mischief, she chuckled as she quickly backed away, evading Artoria's attempt to arrest her.

"You're fast, Illyasviel."

"I was just joking, sister Artoria."

Seeing their pleasant chat, Ryan smiled. He felt his fatigued spirit had been refreshed.

"Illya, can you get me one of the abandoned or less productive power plant?"

"Nuclear power plant?"

"Nah, anything goes. As long as they have quite big private land."

"Sure. I'd help you to look through them."

"Thanks. But do call me if they ask for outrageous demands."

"Haha~ don't worry about it, the Einzbern have many ways to deal with greedy human." Illya smiled sweetly, though her tone behind her words was quite chilling.

"If so, how long do you think it can be done?"

"Hmm, since it doesn't have to be a nuclear power plant, I'd say two months at the latest."

We have one ourselves after all. Since we have been neglecting it for some time, it has been quite in bad shape. A month should suffice to refurbish it. Another month just for an insurance.

Illya thought to herself as she looked at Ryan. Seeing him now, it seemed there was something different about him. Not that she felt that he had a drastic change in character, it was his spirit that had different air compared to Ryan few hours ago.

"Other than that, how do you think I can spread my research to all magic organization in the world?" Ryan suddenly asked Illyasviel as his face turned serious.

"Huh? Which one??"

"The conversion of electricity to ether. Although we have developed it to a higher ratio, but let's just spread the one for 50% ratio."

"That one? Wouldn't that mean...!" Illya was slightly shocked. If that was made public toward the general magi... many things would definitely be affected.

"What are you worried about? If anything, it's not to our turn to worry about its consequences." Ryan smiled assuredly.

"Fine... I can help you to submit it to the Mage's Association. Just so you know, I'll create it under anonymous pseudonym."

"Thanks. You're really the best sister one could ask for, Illya." Ryan laughed lightly as he took Illya in his arms, going for a slow spin.

"Hey, heh! Put me down! This is embarrassing!

"Huff! Huff! But, for the magic organizations beside the Mage's Association, don't expect much of it. I don't have much connection to them."

"Hmm, fair enough."

Perhaps I should also spread it through the internet? Even if most people may think it's just a fictitious article, there should be one or two whose curiosity get the better of them. Kek!

"Ahh! I almost forgot. There are some Lords of Clock Tower who wish to meet you, Ryan." Illyasviel then told Ryan about what happened after he stormed out of the court.

"Heh..." Ryan calmly listened to her recount as his lips curved upward slightly. When he remembered their shocked look at that time, he couldn't help smiling a little.

Mystery is merely Truth buried within layers of lies. If one manages to peel those layers of lies, one could reach the original Truth. The age of old magecraft is over. Whether magecraft or science, all those are merely attempt to understand the World, reaching the original Truth one seeks for.

It's time to change the world.

Even if this is merely a small step in the grand scheme of the world, let this be the foundation of an even greater path.

Project Magician - birth of the Magic Technician, starts.

9