Ch. 45 Stormy Night (3)
260 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Holy shit! Is he trying to level the whole city?" Kazuki seemed slightly out of breath and reeked of sweat as he walked out of the hotel. 

His outfit was sloppy, as if he just took whatever clothes were near him at once before wearing them fast. On his back was a Katana sword, and a pair of modified semi-automatic handguns tied on his waist.

Behind him, Nero Claudius seemed to have a certain glow on her face. She was smiling contentedly while humming cheerfully.

With the appearance of that gigantic lance on the sky, the battle on the other side of Mion River couldn't be concealed anymore. Not only Kazuki, the other participants were also alarmed as they saw the gigantic lance.

'This guy's gone and done it now!'

"Kazuki, do you know about that too?" Mikaela seemed to hold her anger as she looked toward Kazuki.

Kazuki shrugged. He replied lightly, "As far as I know, it is the Noble Phantasm of our 'ally' Artoria Lancer here. But now that she is here, I bet only Ryan know what's going on with it."

Artoria frowned too when she saw the descending lance. She slightly shook her head, "He just rushed out few moments ago. He didn't tell me he was going to launch an assault so soon." 

Ryan said that it was fine to strike him down if the time arose, but–

It was impossible for Artoria to truly strike him down.

"Kazuki Kei, right? Let me ask this first; the Saber Servant of opposing faction, is it also myself?"

"Of course." Kazuki replied matter-of-factly. 

In the original fate/stay night, the Saber Servant was always Artoria Pendragon. It was not different this time. After all, considering the large amount of saberfaces around, it wouldn't be wrong to call her the main attraction of the franchise. 

"I see. That guy is just flirting with her then…" Artoria smiled faintly. For some reason, those present who saw her smile just now felt a sudden chill on their back. 

'If he really wants to end this Holy Grail War, he only needs a few seconds at worst.' 

The Sixth Magic could grant one a new life, but in retrospect, it too was able to rob one's life. 

The fact that Ryan bothered to use such flagrant display of power instead of ending it fast was likely to exercise his muscles, or just plainly playing around... 

'Just what are you trying to do, Ryan?' 

"…" Kazuki was speechless. He looked toward the surprised Nero beside him as they both thought, 'Flirting? Isn't he a bit too hardcore?!' 

Raiha narrowed her eyes behind her mask. She clenched her hand as she looked at the gigantic lance on the sky. 

Arthur Blair came out of the hotel with long, black box on his back. As he looked at the gigantic lance, even he couldn't help taking a deep breath as his heart quaked. 

If he was the one on the receiving end of such monstrosity... A shiver ran through coldly on his back when he imagined that scenario. 

He had decided to change his evaluation on Ryan and his approach to him. After all, if he was not careful, he could be devoured until nothing remained of him. 

"This is slightly out of our expectation, but this is also an opportunity for us. I'll go first." Arthur was hopping on his motor bike as he spoke, leaving the other participants behind. 

It was not that he was in rush to help Ryan. In fact, he was more afraid that he wouldn't get free points after Ryan had weakened the enemy faction by so much. 

Kazuki whistled a little as wind started gathering behind him. Soon, the wind formed murky wings of gale which lifted him up to the sky. 

"Well, I'll be waiting for you guys ahead!" Kazuki laughed loudly as he flew through the night sky.

Mikaela clicked her tongue in annoyance. Then, she lightly turned the silver ring on her index finger. 

A set of silver armor quickly appeared on Mikaela, encasing her thoroughly. Her face was half covered by the helmet, and her blonde hair was swaying freely as a pair of metallic wings grew on the back of her armor. She held a light gold spear on her right hand, and a silver round shield on her left. 

At that moment, Mikaela's appearance was just like those Valkyrie in the Norse mythology. 

"Buff me up, Assassin." Saying so lightly, Mikaela soared through the sky. 

Osakabehime yawned slightly as she replied from her side, "Yeah, yeah, I will." 

There were only Raiha and Artoria along with Tomoe Gozen and Ushiwakamaru who had yet to leave. 

All of sudden, the air around them turned tense. Tomoe looked toward Ushiwakamaru with apparent rage within her eyes. 

Ushiwakamaru also understood where her anger came from. However, since it was their own personal feud, she didn't want it to disrupt the current battle. 

"If you want to avenge Yoshinaka, let's settle it among ourselves later, Lady Tomoe. I won't avoid your anger." Ushiwakamaru stated earnestly. Her eyes were clear and free of lies as she looked toward Tomoe Gozen. 

Tomoe held her bloodlust as she took a deep breath. She turned toward Raiha, but not before leaving some words for Ushiwakamaru, "...I shall claim your head later, Yoshitsune." 

Upon seeing that Tomoe had contained her rage, Raiha nodded toward Artoria. Soon, a swirl of devilish purple fire bloomed fiercely around her, turning into two large pairs of flaming wings. 

Swoosh! 

Raiha quickly took to the sky, leaving a patch of scorched earth on the place she once stood. 

Artoria was standing quietly as she gazed at the gigantic lance. There was a faint trace of smile on her face as she suddenly turned around. She was going back into the hotel instead of following the other participants. 

Ushiwakamaru was slightly confused. 'Aren't we supposed to follow the male Master into battle?'

Artoria seemed to feel Ushiwakamaru's confusion. She advised her, "He is a playful man. Don't disturb his fun, Rider. Otherwise, you'd be put into a sorry situation. Those people just don't know what will await them there." 

"Still…" Ushiwakamaru tried to argue. Leaving the Master alone in the enemy faction, it was too much of a risk! 

"Hm. It is understandable for you not to believe it. Fine, you can go. However, don't interfere until he says so, Rider. Even if you want to interfere, don't kill or hurt the Masters of the opposing faction; many of them have relations with him in one way or another." 

Although she didn't believe that Ryan could fall here, with Ushiwakamaru on the lookout, Artoria could come to his aid quickly should any crises arose on his part. 

Frost seemed to gather around Artoria as she walked back into the hotel. She was going to train in her Frost Dragon Arcane Art. 

After all, the stronger she was, the stronger Ryan would be in return. That was her way to help him.

'It seems… things would get more crowded soon…'

Artoria faintly felt that things would escalate to a higher order not too long.

. . .

At Emiya Residence.

After Artoria was pushed out of Archer's Reality Marble, she looked toward Shirou for a moment.

"Shirou, do you have an older brother?"

Although Archer had not said it to Shirou, but a few Servants among them already had an inkling of Archer's true identity. And, Artoria was one of them.

"Older brother? No. I don't have one. But I do have a sister; Illyasviel." Shirou replied after thinking a little. He felt that the reason Saber asked him was related to that intruder somehow.

Artoria was not surprised hearing Shirou's answer. She herself also didn't know that he had any older brother in this world. 

'If so, who is that man…?' 

Artoria closed her eyes for a bit as she took deep breath. She had resolved herself.

'Whether that man is really Shirou's brother or not, I won't allow myself to hesitate.' She spoke to herself as she looked toward the descending sacred lance.

"Shirou, lend me your mana. I will use my Noble Phantasm to shatter that lance for once and all." 

Seeing her determination, Shirou nodded firmly, "Got it. Leave it to me."

Artoria gripped her invisible sword tightly, raising it up straight pointing toward the sky.

"This is a battle to save humanity… release your restraints, O' Holy Sword."

The gust of wind was released at that instant, revealing a sword glimmering with golden light on her hand.

Excalibur: The Sword of Promised Victory; its full glory was finally released at this moment.

The strongest Holy Sword, a Divine-construct whose power rivalled the Sacred Lance Rhongomyniad.

"This light is the planet's hope...proof of the life that illuminates this world!"

In response to her prayer, small golden lights were floating from various places; from the land, people, trees and animals on her surroundings. The hopes and dreams of all living beings on the land of Fuyuki City were heading toward the Holy Sword in response to its summon.

As Artoria took a step forward, she looked toward the sacred lance with solemn expression in her eyes.

With the blessing from the land, supply of mana from her own energy and Shirou's Command Spell, the Holy Sword had finally amassed enough energy to activate her Noble Phantasm.

"Let us end this!

"EXCALIBUR!"

A breath-taking light that bore the hope of the land and creatures living upon that land was heading magnificently to the sky.

The collision of the holy sword and sacred lance caused a bright explosion on the sky, as if the sky was falling. The dark night was bathed in golden sacred light as the sacred lance and the holy sword were disintegrating into etheric particles.

"Is it over?" Shirou looked toward the night sky. 

'This is a Holy Grail War…'

Seeing the sacred lance on the sky and the brilliance of the holy sword previously, Emiya Shirou felt just how minuscule he was.

In front of those terrifying beings, he –who was not even a proper magus– was just like a firefly amidst the storm.

Although he already understood just how dangerous this Holy Grail War was from his previous battles with the other enemy Masters and Servants, but this battle was on another level. 

'One more chance…' 

On his right hand, there was only one Command Spell left out of three. He used one in the previous battle against enemy faction, and another one to empower Saber's Noble Phantasm just now. 

"It should be. Now we just need to wait for Archer to release his Noble Phantasm before confronting that man again. Huh?" Artoria was about to sigh in relief when she saw another lance on the sky, hiding faintly above the clouds as it gradually descended. 

The Masters and Servants present: "..." 

Someone just has to jinx it! 

For a moment there, Shirou felt a chill on his back as many stares were focused on him all of sudden. 

However, they were in no situation to argue with each other as they looked at the sacred lance which was going to befall them. 

At that time, someone else had arrived at Emiya residence which immediately attracted their attention. 

"Who are you?" Cú Chulainn pointed his spear to her. He didn't look extremely friendly to another newcomer. 

Jeanne halted her step. She looked toward the sacred lance on the sky, then toward the Servants present there, 

"I am Jeanne d'Arc, the Ruler Servant who is responsible to supervise this Great Holy Grail War. Now I ask you; who destroyed the previous lance?" 

"Ruler?" Rin thought quietly, 'She looks just like Saber, similar to the Red faction's Saber...' 

"I did." Artoria replied firmly. 

Upon hearing Artoria's answer, Jeanne felt slightly more assured. "Can you destroy it once more? I will give you an appropriate reward for this." 

Artoria and Shirou looked toward each other. It was not that they were unwilling, but if Artoria wanted to use her Noble Phantasm again, Shirou had to support her with another Command Spell.

However, it also meant that Shirou would lose all of his Command Spells afterward. 

Shirou glanced at his last Command Spell. As he thought of the people who would be implicated if the sacred lance was not destroyed and truly hit them, his gaze became stern. 

"Saber, you can handle one more release, right?" Shirou smiled lightly. He was ready to use his last Command Spell to empower Saber. 

Artoria nodded, "I understand. I won't bring shame to your determination, Shirou." 

Artoria raised the holy sword once more. As she wanted to initiate her Noble Phantasm, Jeanne suddenly went near Shirou. 

Jeanne also saw the last Command Spell on Shirou's right hand. She smiled gently, "Hmm, I see. So, it is like that. Although this is supposed to be given as your reward later, but considering your situation, it would be better for you to receive it now." 

"Ah, we don't need any rewards. This is our duty too after all." Shirou spoke with a rather awkward look. 

He was a little bit flustered when he saw a person who looked just like Artoria suddenly came close to him, looking him up and down. If there was something different about them… it would be those twin hills. 'They're bigger than Saber's...' 

"And it is my duty to see those who do merits are granted appreciation." Jeanne smiled as she placed her hand on Shirou's right hand. 

For a moment, a red light flashed on their hand before it disappeared fast. Jeanne retreated with a smile, 

"Now you can be assured, you won't lose your qualification as a Master, young man." 

When Shirou looked at his hand, he saw that another Command Spell had been added to his hand. He now possessed three Command Spells again. 

"!!" 

The Masters and Servants present there were surprised. 

To think that Ruler Servant had such an ability…! 

If they were able to get a new Command Spell like that, it would mean that they wouldn't have to be worried too much about using their Command Spell. It would increase their battle efficiency by a large margin. 

Shirou felt more energized when he saw his Command Spells were returned. He looked firmly to Artoria, "Please destroy it, Saber." 

Artoria smiled faintly. She turned her gaze to the sky once more, 

"Sheathed in the breath of the planet, a torrent of shining life. Feel its wrath! 

"EXCALIBUR!" 

The collision of the Holy Sword and the Sacred Lance illuminated the dark night once more as they destroyed each other. However, this time, Artoria and the rest didn't see any sacred lance on the sky again. 

Yet, when they thought they could finally focus their energy on the dark knight, a scarlet streak was shot toward them with fierce might. 

"Brahmastra Kundala." 

Heracles deflected the incoming attack with his stone sword, though he was also bounced back far from the impact. 

"RrOoAaRrrRR!!" 

When Heracles was going up to fight, he was engulfed within an earth burial technique along with scorching fire technique which debilitated his movements. 

"You finally appear, Lancer of Red." Cú Chulainn picked up his cursed spear as he smirked. 

He had been waiting for another match with Lancer of Red since their fight a few times ago. 

"Hmm~ did he allow himself to be sealed? With his power, I can't imagine he could be sealed that easily. Well, whatever~" 

Kizuna smiled lightly as she walked toward Emiya Shirou and the other Masters. She swung a large double battle axe which was as tall as her own height lightly like it weighed nothing to her. 

Bam! 

"I can play with you all while waiting for him to come out. It is better than you all getting your ass beaten by those hyenas, right~~?" 

The Servants and Masters of Blue faction present armed themselves without a moment's notice. They already experienced themselves about how fierce this woman was despite her fragile appearance. 

Swoosh! 

A sniper bullet ran through beside Kuzuki Souichirou's head. He managed to avoid it at the last second thanks to Caster's magic barrier. 

"Oh, that psycho has arrived?" 

A young man with wings of gale landed not far from Kizuna. He took out his katana as he grinned lightly toward her, "How rude, Kizuna. Since you already knew this earlier, why didn't you tell us sooner?" 

Nero Claudius materialized beside Kazuki. She was looking straight at Artoria, she was looking forward for another rematch with her. 

Soon, Mikaela and Raiha also arrived along with their own Servant. 

"Oh, the Holy Maiden has finally showed up. Do you want to interfere in this battle between faction, miss Jeanne d'Arc?" Kazuki grinned. 

Jeanne frowned. She could feel that something was strange with the Masters of Red faction, but she was unable to pinpoint what was wrong with them. 

'Is it just my imagination?' 

Jeanne then retreated as she warned them, "I will oversee this battle. If any of you dare to violate the rules of Holy Grail War again, I would see to it that the punishment is properly meted out."  

10