Ch. 52 Please, take a rest…
236 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you really fine with this?" 

After the episode with Hinako Akuta, Ryan already returned to the Command Center as he wanted to oversee the overall situation first.

The Crypters were currently monitored in separate section at his order.

Lady Yu was currently resting in his soul altar, as she said that she wanted to be alone for a bit.

At the moment, Ryan was looking through the monitoring device when Romani asked him.

"They need a rest. It would be better if the battle has finished before the sun arise tomorrow. Moreover, there is also the last battle against that fake King Solomon. You should worry about yourself first, Romani."

Ryan looked meaningfully at Romani Archaman, which made him slightly taken aback, 'Does he know something…?'

The biological parameter of Gudako and Mash were stable and looking fine. Both of their health condition was quite good and they were only a bit tired from their assault against Tiamat earlier.

Ryan then turned his sight toward Da Vinci as he glared coldly, "And you, Da Vinci! You thought I wouldn't notice your little shenanigans before?" 

Kughk… 

Da Vinci-chan groaned a little. They put on awkward look as they smiled sheepishly, "It was just a small joke…" 

Being angry over such small matter wasn't to his taste. Moreover, it was actually Ryan himself who silently allowed Da Vinci to put the hidden cams there so he could blackmail them now, hehe. 

"Well, it's not like I am that angry. However, I'd like you to create something for me in return, Da Vinci." 

A mischievous grin appeared on Ryan as he looked playfully at Da Vinci, "Don't worry, it isn't something too hard for an omnipotent genius like you." 

Somehow, seeing Ryan grinning like that suddenly sent a shiver down on Da Vinci's spine… 

After Ryan explained the matter that he wanted Da Vinci to do, Da Vinci left the Command Center with an amused expression on their face. They didn't know whether to laugh or cry after knowing Ryan's interest. 

Romani Archaman looked at the departing back of Da Vinci before he returned his attention on Ryan again. Now that Da Vinci had gone, he finally revealed some of his intention, "This may be late to ask, however, I still have to ask it; 

"This battle, ultimately, isn't your responsibility. Then, why do you want to help us through this?" 

Romani wanted to make sure of the young man's motive for once and all. 

Even if he was currently bereft of his clairvoyance, his gifts, and his power, Romani Archaman who had become a human now possessed his own will and desire. 

He didn't want to end up trapped inside a tiger's belly after escaping from the lion's jaws. 

Ryan stopped. He looked calmly at Romani as he replied, "Someone once said; kindness is a goodwill forced unto others. 

"You can think of me as forcing my own interest on you all, not that I'd mind. 

"I am not a Saint, even more so not a Savior. It's just that the thing I want to do, and the matter which troubling you now align perfectly. 

"Of course, I also don't care if you feel gratitude to me. If it's that much, I will allow it." 

Ryan grinned lightly as he turned his sight on the monitor again. He was almost finished the calculation to allow him to enter the Singularity at this point of time. After all, the appearance of Tiamat and the current devastation inside the Singularity already made the entrance a bit more difficult. 

Romani felt slightly overwhelmed at Ryan's narcissistic remark at the end. Although, he could also feel that the young man was likely hiding his true self with such obvious persona... 

Not that he minded about it. Romani himself was also a man of secret, too. 

"Done. I guess it's time to go." 

Ryan have just finished the necessary calculation as he smiled faintly. He was already prepared to dive into the Singularity now.

Just in case, he already asked Artoria Lancer and Saber to guard Chaldea along with Jeanne d'Arc during his leave. They were left behind to guard against the unlikely event; in case that fake King Solomon noticed the abnormality in space-time due to Ryan's arrival in this worldline just then. 

He also solved the matter with the Crypters in attempt to stop the events of Lostbelt from happening. He wasn't too sure whether the descent of Alien God would be stopped just because the Crypters were handled first, but at least he already severed one of its leverages. 

Ryan himself was already racing with time now. He couldn't expect himself to stay in this worldline long enough to present a 'warm welcome' for the Alien God. As for whether it would truly descend in the future, he would leave it up to fate. 

"I see. Then, I hope you can return with victory, Ryan." 

Romani sighed slightly before his lips curved upward into a faint smile. Just now, even for a moment, he felt like a parent sending their children off to go on a journey of their own. 

"Well, just don't be too surprised later on!" 

Jeanne remained silent as she saw Ryan's departure. She remembered that Ryan have entrusted her to guard Chaldea as he left. 

Moments before– 

"Jeanne, my dear Holy Maiden. I am afraid that there is a possibility the fake King Solomon will sense the disturbance in the space-time because of our arrival just then. Therefore! To guard for the case of sudden attack, I shall entrust the protection of Chaldea unto you and my dear King of Knights. And so, adios!" 

Thus, he scurried away fast, just like a cat after seeing its prey as he headed into the Singularity… 

"Why do you look so glum like that, Holy Maiden?" 

Artoria Saber glanced at Jeanne who seemed down for some reason. She was slightly curious to what could make her worry that much. 

"I guess she must be having a premonition." Artoria Lancer smiled faintly. 

"…premonition? Did his prediction come true?" 

Taken aback, Artoria felt the heaviness of their responsibility in guarding Chaldea. Even if the battle was against the King of Mages, her sword wouldn't falter! 

Jeanne responded with a wry smile, "There is also that possibility, but I feel like the reason he leaves us alone here should be because of another matter too. 

"I am not that worried for him. If there are people to be worried, it would be those people in the Singularity. 

"Artoria, unlike your other self, he hasn't touched you yet, so you probably won't know it. Um, is it fine for you not telling her yourself, Artoria??" 

Jeanne turned toward Artoria Lancer as she looked back and forth between Artoria Saber and Artoria Lancer. 

"It's fine. Something should be experienced personally to understand." Artoria said calmly. 

She looked at the happening inside the Singularity, then glanced at her Saber counterpart, "It is just a matter of time." 

Artoria Saber: "…" 

'…O' Lord…' 

Jeanne felt a slight headache as her gaze returned to see what Ryan was doing in the Singularity. 

. . . 

It was deep at night when something resembling a dark star suddenly descended from the sky above the land of ancient Babylonia. 

At that moment, the King of Uruk opened his eyes. He was roused of his rest as he gazed at the far horizon, muttering softly, 

"The calamity star has truly descended. Whether this is a blessing or the rise of a greater disaster, even I can't predict the tale beyond this. 

"Beast of Disasters, Tiamat, feast your eyes upon the calamity star who wishes to swallow the Heaven!" 

The king's gaze contained a light of wisdom that was able to peek into the future. 

His laughter echoed throughout the deserted ziggurat as he stood up from his royal seat. 

"Ereshkigal, proceed as planned! Ishtar, Fujimaru Ritsuka, prepare for the incoming battle!" 

As the King shouted his order, several people appeared in the previously lonely ziggurat. They each had grim face as they saw the falling dark star. 

At that moment, that dark star suddenly halted on its track. It stopped directly above Tiamat. 

A black-haired young man with a lock of silver hair came out from that dark star. He was floating calmly on the sky as though he didn't saw the monsters which were quickly surrounding him. 

"Finally, Jeanne won't be able to stop me now. How could she ban me to only do it once a month? Hmph. Don't think I can't go around it, Jeanne!" 

Below him, Tiamat raised her gaze as she looked upward. 

"♪AAaaAAAaaaaAaAaaa♪" 

Melodious roar came from the giant beast as she stared at the being on the sky. 

Although 'that' creature might appear as a human, what appeared within her gaze was different, 

–an incarnation of darkness. 

Immense darkness which threatened to devour the light of the world, leaving the sky and earth with colorless in its shadow. 

Tiamat could clearly feel the intent coming from that being; the straightforward desire of challenging her. 

The desire emanating from his very being was so clear that it was no different from a glaring star. 

That accursed star wished to devour her! 

"♪AAaaAAAaaAaaaAAaA♪!!!" 

The swarm of Tiamat's children, Lahmu, quickly darted toward that young man at her command. Each of them carried magical energy comparable to lower-ranking Servant. 

They covered the sky like a group of dark clouds as they marched on, wanting nothing more than ripping the young man into pieces!  

Seeing the swarm of ugly mud monsters flocking fiercely toward him, that young man on the sky smiled. 

A pair of burning swords appeared on his hands, his upper body was covered in black gauze while his lower half was covered in flaming black raiment. 

His entire being was surrounded by black flame, death and heavy killing intent. He looked no different from a man who have clawed his way up from burning hell. 

As the nearest group of Lahmus approached him, the young man raised his sword. 

"Burn." 

A seemingly gentle slash cleaved his right side clean, burning the entire group of flying monsters approaching from his right. 

"Return to ashes." 

He slashed at his left side, incinerating the sky on his left side clear from those ugly mud monsters. 

The remaining monsters on his front and back side were annihilated by eight sacred lances which blossomed on eight directions behind him, as though they were a sacred wheel of light. 

Swoosh! Swoosh! 

Gush of wind appeared on his left side as a group of winged serpent flew beside him. These flying mounts carried several familiar people on their back who were currently staring surprised at the young man. 

There were Fujimaru Ritsuka (Gudako) and Mash Kyrielight (Little eggplant) who were accompanied by an exotic beauty. 

Ishtar was flying on her own atop her mount. 

"Bad boy~~" 

The woman who exuded a wild and exotic charm laughed cheerfully as she looked at the young man bathed in black flame. 

"Quetzalcoatl." 

Ryan was not surprised at their arrival. He already detected their presence coming from afar when he first arrived here. 

"Really, you make me want to kill you so bad~~" 

She was smiling, but one could definitely feel a thick murderous intent from her. 

She punched the nearby Lahmu into cinders as she laughed brightly, looking at Ryan, "Although I would like to do so, but this matter is more important. So, do you have any plan to deal with that Beast?"  

Quetzalcoatl. She was one of the most important deities in the Aztec mythology. Her current form as a Servant was her manifestation (as a divided spirit) of their true self, of the ultimate being recorded in the Throne of Heroes. 

As a deity who detested evil, Ryan already knew that she could detect the evil source within him. After all, he was the incarnation of All the World's Evil, in a sense. 

Ryan grinned, "What plan? Just beat her up until she's down." 

Stab! Stab! 

Two sharp sword aimed toward Ryan's head and torso respectively were lightly parried. 

Ryan turned around to see two corrupted Ushiwakamaru were currently leaping toward him with swirling killing intent. 

"Look, Ushiwaka. This is what happens when you play in the mud for too long." Ryan shook his head as he looked at the corrupted Ushiwakamaru with pity. 

"Shut your trap!" X2 

In response, they attacked him even more fiercely. 

Though, the sacred lance suddenly pierced one corrupted Ushiwakamaru, while Ryan himself beheaded the other one swiftly. 

Ushiwakamaru who was spectating from Chaldea Command Center suddenly held her neck awkwardly. She sighed a little, "My lord is ruthless indeed..." 

The Lahmus which were trying to sneak up on Ryan were obliterated by glaring arrows of light as he held off another group of corrupted Ushiwakamaru swarming toward him. 

Ishtar yelled when she saw that Ryan was still taking things leisurely, "Hey, you, do you really have no plan?! We have tried to go all out on her before, there would be no difference now even if we use all our power here!" 

Mash was mainly in charge of protecting Ritsuka and supporting the others, while Ishtar and Quezalcoatl did the most fighting. 

As time passed, the Lahmus started getting stronger too. They were currently as strong as middle-ranking Servants like Ushiwakamaru or Medusa. 

Even Ishtar also started getting overwhelmed by their numbers now. 

Although Ryan felt that this situation was still bearable for him, but he knew that Ishtar and Quezalcoatl were already quite depleted from their earlier fight with Tiamat at noon before. 

As of now, Tiamat was already nearing the shore. Just few more distance before she reached the land of Uruk. 

At same time, the first sunlight already appeared on the far horizon. 

Ryan was silent as he didn't rush to reply to Ishtar. He was thinking quietly as he fought off the Lahmus and corrupted Ushiwakamaru. 

"Hey!" 

Ishtar shot an arrow at Ryan as a warning. 

She was feeling more irritated than usual when she looked at his nonchalant face. 

Trang! 

Ishtar's arrow was knocked off by the flaming sword as Ryan finally looked at Ishtar with an unexpected seriousness. 

"Well, I was pondering. I feel like I've missed my chance at previous world, so I am thinking whether I should kidnap– no, I mean, whether I should 'invite' you to board my pirate ship, Rin." 

Stab! Splat! Psst!! 

The two corrupted Ushiwakamaru on his left side and under him were skewered by the sacred lance. The scarlet, molten light beam from Tiamat was deflected toward the group of Lahmus around him, reducing them into burnt charcoal. 

Ryan was still smiling as he finished that set of fast killing act. 

Ishtar: "..." 

Veins throbbed on her beautiful forehead when she heard Ryan's words. 

'This mortal has such audacity...!' 

At the moment, Gudako interjected in hurry. She didn't want them to butt their head against each other, especially not in this critical situation, 

"You said you have another method against Tiamat, didn't you, Senpai?" 

Ryan was slightly stunned. He didn't expect for Gudako to call him 'senpai'... 

Honestly, it feels not that bad. Umu~ I may like this kind of thing, probably. 

He then smiled to Gudako, his expression turned softer, "I did say that. However, my method needs some time before it can be activated. I was only waiting for the moment it's ready. 

"Now, back off for a bit. Because I can't guarantee whether you might be affected by this move or not." 

Ryan glanced lightly at Ishtar before he smirked, leaving her fuming by herself as he went toward Tiamat. 

Gudako and the rest decided to retreat quite a distance away after they heard Ryan's reminder. They easily cut through the swarm of Lahmu as they made their way back. 

The moment Ryan arrived right in front of Tiamat, she roared, 

"♪AAaaAAAaaaaAaAaaa♪!" 

At such close range, even if she didn't do anything, Ryan would be easily submerged by the countless Lahmus who emerged incessantly from the 'Sea of Life' under Tiamat. 

However, when they were about to drown Ryan in their waves, the eight sacred lance behind him enlarged. 

They became eight great pillars which connected the sky and earth, turning into Tower of Light which became anchor of the world. 

Inside its domain, the countless mud monsters and many corrupted Ushiwakamaru were instantly reduced into fine ashes; they were destroyed at the molecular level. 

Ryan's expression became complicated. He exhaled a faint sigh as he saw the light of fury inside Tiamat's gaze. 

"Tiamat. Mother of Life. The primordial god who has never known Death since time immemorial. 

"You, who have been awakened as the Beast of Disasters, the Evil of Humanity which carries the sin of regression; Beast II. 

"From this moment, henceforth, you shall know 'Death'. [Six-Paths of Samsara]." 

–it was a flower. A pretty, gorgeous flower. 

Behind Ryan, a six-colored wheel of light blossomed magnificently in all its splendor. 

Its appearance resembled a six-petal lotus which carried the profound authority over life and death, carrying dominion over the six paths of Samsara of Heaven and Earth.  

Whether one was Good or Evil; a Samaritan or a Sinner; the Rich or the Poor, 

No one and no thing were spared from its reach. Samsara embraced all of them, and blessed them all equally. 

"Please wake up from your dream, O' Lonely Mother abandoned by her offsprings..." 

Whether it was her instinct, or that she knew that it would be bad if Ryan continued with what he did, Tiamat assaulted Ryan even more frantically. 

She basically went all out on him! 

"And, please rest your weary soul, Mother. Your children have all grown up to be fine men..." 

A soft murmur escaped his lips as Ryan and Tiamat were engulfed within the domain of six-colored flower. 

Its gentle light brought a rare peace on the surrounding as the ocean regained its calm. The countless Lahmus returned being a mud as they were absorbed back into Tiamat's 'Sea of Life'. 

11