Ch. 58 Mourning Temple
221 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bright hall soon filled his sight the moment Ryan opened his eyes again. 

It was an extremely spacious hall filled with murals of fiendish and sacred beasts on the wall. The pillars were also engraved with strange runes which were slightly glowing in blue light, giving off a calming effect when one looked at them. 

Dragon. Phoenix. Xuanwu. White Tiger. Vermillion Bird. Qilin. 

As they were so famous that they were portrayed by many interpretations and adapted into various works, it would be hard for Ryan not to recognize their mural on first sight. 

There were also paintings of what seemed like a Taotie, Kunpeng, Nine-headed Serpent, Three-legged Golden Crow and other beasts - whether he recognized them or not. 

Some paintings also depicted humanoid figures which stood mightily amidst those beasts. Those figures wielded different kinds of weapon, as if symbolizing their mastery over their own weapon. 

-The spearman holding down a nine-headed devil phoenix. 

-The bowman aiming for the stars. 

-The swordswoman whose sword cut through a giant serpent. 

-The burly axe wielder which radiated ferocity and immense strength. 

At the center dome of this white hall, there was an extremely large mural depicting a vicious battle among various races. 

Standing at the innermost center of that gruesome battle was a giant Tower which pierced through the bloody clouds and transcended the sky dome. 

Ryan narrowed his eyes when he looked at that giant tower. 

…he felt that it's as though that giant Tower merely oversaw the battle happening under it as a mere happenstance. 

Most of the crowds gathered in this grand hall whispered among each other when they saw a newcomer wearing black robe suddenly appeared from the teleportation portal. 

Silver hair which looked like the moonlight. Purple pupils which seemed to gaze through one's inner being. 

–aloof and detached. 

That was how they thought of this newcomer. 

'Pandora… second floor? What is this strange place? More importantly, have I really returned to Earth?' 

A large magic circle which worked like a teleportation magic was slowly disappearing from under his feet. 

[Difference of Laws confirmed. Calibrating calculations. Updating current status…] 

A familiar notification appeared in Ryan's mind as Ryan came to his senses. 

Behind him, the ladies appeared one by one. They looked around at majestic hall and the gathering crowd with a hint of curiosity inside their eyes. 

Their interest was not unfounded; they were supposed to arrive at an entirely different world from theirs after all. 

He clearly remembered that he had hidden the ladies inside the soul altar in case for sudden change of situation at their destination. However, the moment they arrived at this place, the ladies were separated from him by a strange force. 

'This place isn't so simple.' 

At a glance, Ryan already saw quite a lot of people from many different backgrounds gathering at this place. 

There were even beings from another race; such as elf, demonkin, and dragonkin. 

Honestly, if not for the heavy atmosphere among them and this mysterious hall, Ryan would probably think that he has arrived at an anime convention if he only looked at the clothes worn by the people gathered here. 

There was a group dressed in Daoist robes like usually shown in cultivation and murim manhua. A group of tribal warriors dressed in beast fur. Knights wearing light and heavy armor. Warriors on their battledress. Mafia. Triad. And even, children? 

It was really a hodgepodge mix of people. 

Moreover, Ryan also saw some familiar faces among the people here. 

There was Arthur Blair, Medea Lily's Master, who was whispering to a distinguished young man beside him. Their group consisted of fierce-looking warriors wearing light-gold armament surrounding that particular young man. 

'…judging from their respectful and protective measure around that young man, those warriors are mostly his shield and sword. A typical young master or the sort.' 

At another corner, Mikaela Graham nodded lightly at Ryan. Although her expression didn't change, but for some reasons, it seemed like she had acknowledged him somewhat. 

'What's with that chick??' 

At her side, Mikaela was accompanied by a cohort of beautiful ladies. Each of them possessed different charms and a bearing unique to their person. However, what was similar among them was that they each wore a silver winged-armor, like a group of Valkyries who descended on Earth. 

The other reincarnator that Ryan met previously, Kizuna, was waving at him as she grinned lightly. She was accompanied by a tanned woman and a humanoid dog (?) at her side. 

'I feel like I've seen her before, but where? And, there is also a Shiba Inu demon? What's with that stick behind him, though…' 

Ryan felt a light shiver on his back when he glanced at the wooden stick behind the dog demon. 

Kazuki Kei was with a group of four, two men and two women. He was smiling awkwardly at him as he went on to prepare his equipment. 

At Kazuki's side, Emperor Nero was slightly sulking when she saw Ryan and Artoria Saber together. 

Aisha smiled lightly at him when his gaze reached her group. Though, Ryan could feel a dangerous vibe from her gaze... 

Well, looking at the group of ladies behind him, Ryan could smoothly guess the cause for her animosity. 

Ryan laughed hollowly when he looked over her direction again... 

Then, Ryan sat down cross-legged on the floor. Before he went to immerse himself in training, Ryan decided to remind the ladies, 

"The laws governing this world is slightly different than our previous world. You should stabilize your energy and attune yourself to the new world first. Don't wander around yet. Some people here may be too much for the current us to handle." 

It was indeed so. 

Just from his quick observation, Ryan already noticed several people who had similar fluctuation of power as strong as him were quietly hiding themselves in the crowd. 

–though, strong they might be, it was in terms of raw power to his current form. It had yet to account for Ryan's skills set and Arcane Art. 

Even so, 

'It shouldn't be bad to be more cautious. For my sake, and for the girls too.' 

"Che. I know," Ishtar felt that Ryan was particularly reminding her to rein herself. 

'It's not like I can play around in this temple either. It's too suffocating here.' 

When Ishtar looked at other ladies, they already started to attune themselves to this new world without her knowing. 

Even her sister, Ereshkigal, already shrouded herself inside the laws of death as she tried to assimilate her authority with this strange world's laws. 

Ereshkigal was completely immersed into restructuring her power in accordance to the new world. 

As such, Ishtar was the only one left who had not started to attune herself. She was slightly stunned before she came to her senses, 

"Ahh! Traitors!" 

Ishtar soon immersed herself to train on the mana cultivation art that Ryan transmitted to her, just like what he gave to other ladies; [Origin Tempering Art]. 

When Ryan saw that Ishtar already started to work on herself, he quietly deployed an invisible domain to protect their group. 

Then, he continued to immerse himself in the system panel as he needed to sort out his new abilities. It was because the previous upgrade already let his skills set underwent a major change. 

After defeating Goetia, Ryan used up almost all of his 722 EP to upgrade his innate ability, stats, and magecrafts to [EX] rating at one go. 

At that time, all his physical stats were proudly showing the [EX] rating, leaving only his luck stat at [B+] as it was unable to be raised through EP. 

Not only that, all of his magecrafts were also enhanced to [EX] rating. 

Though, after they reached that level, there were some changes happening to them. 

– [Mana Bullet], [Gradation Air], and [Transmutation]; these three skills merged together, evolving into [Bullet Fortress]. 

– With [Genesis (Divine Core)] as the foundation, and [Refinement] magecraft as the guide and pathways; these two skills merged and turned into a Mana Cultivation Art - [Origin Tempering Art]. 

– The essence of [Mirror Alter] was more defined and gained more depth as it became [Doppelganger] skill. 

– [Boundary Field] and [Rhongomyniad Alter] fused together and produced a domain-type skill [Ruins of the End]. 

– [World's Seed (Fragment)] that he got from Goetia actually fused with his Soul Altar, thereby creating a large barren land in place his Soul Altar had been. In return, his Soul Altar was located at the center of that barren land with nine divine pillars surrounding it. 

However, the changes in his system panel weren't only those… 

'Status.' 

[Name]: Ryan Kazami

[Physique]: Transcendent

[Spirit]: Transcendent

[Innate]: Heaven's Gaze (EX)

[Essence Point]: 2 

Abilities:

• Six-Paths of Samsara (True Magic) (–)

• Bullet Fortress (EX)

• Origin Tempering Art (EX)

• Doppelganger (EX)

• Ruins of the End (EX)

• Thousands-Arts Battle Record (EX)

• Demon King of Domination Arcane Art (level 6 – Nascent Soul) (40%)

> Demon King Transformation [All the World's Evils]

> Seal of Samsara (3/6)

>> Devour the Sky

>> Geass of Fealty

>> Heretical Seed

> Soul Contractor:

>> Yu Miaoyi (Assassin)

>> Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)

>> Jeanne d'Arc (Ruler)

>> Ereshkigal (Lancer)

>> Ishtar (Archer)

>> Minamoto no Raikou (Berserker)

>> Ushiwakamaru (Rider)

>> Medusa (Rider)

>> Artoria Pendragon (Saber)

'Hm.' 

As his understanding of himself deepened, and gained more knowledge about his abilities and the world; his system panel seemed to upgrade itself too. It was improving alongside his growth. 

The system panel now appeared more compact, neat, and easy to look at. 

Now, if he wanted to know the details of certain skills or his stats, he only needed to focus on that part as the system panel would then extend an additional information according to what he wanted to know. 

'Innate ability: Heaven's Gaze (EX)' 

[Eyes of Heaven. It allows for user to peer into the essence of the world, to peek at the truth hidden behind the veil of lies (enhanced).

Additional abilities:

• Shrouding World; allows for user to view a designated area in aerial vision.

• Sealed Divine; pulls the targeted soul into spiritual space of the Eyes of Heaven.

• Heavenly Judgement; rains down heaven's punishment for the wicked and evil!] 

The first additional ability, Shrouding World, appeared when Ryan upgraded Heaven's Gaze (C) to Heaven's Gaze (B). The second ability, Sealed Divine, appeared when the rating went to (A). The last one, Heavenly Judgement, appeared the moment Ryan upgraded his innate eyes to (EX) rating. 

As of now, his innate eyes could be considered 'mature'. 

When he opened his eyes again, Ryan returned his gaze toward the vicious battle depicted in the center dome of the hall. 

His eyes became pitch-black like the dark void. Vague starlight appeared like dots within his eyes. 

As his eyes seemed to turn into vast starry sky, Ryan peered deeper into that mural. He wanted to trace that strange feeling he got when he first gazed upon it. 

At that moment, however, he managed to see what was supposed not to be seen… 

Meanwhile, at another side, 

"Is that guy the one you mentioned, Arthur?" The blonde young man glanced over lightly at the black-robed man who was staring blankly at the central dome. 

"Yes, it's indeed that man." 

Arthur could already foresee what was going to happen when he glanced at the rising passion inside the young man's eyes. 

"Do you know which deity or demon is backing him?" 

"Unfortunately, I have yet to acquire that knowledge, young lord." 

However, even if he knew the young lord was quite gifted, Arthur still didn't think that the young lord was a match for Ryan. 

That was why he had to remind him. 

"Don't underestimate him, young lord." 

A strange gleam flashed briefly within his eyes when he looked at the young lord. 

"Ho~" 

Although Arthur already warned him that the black-robed man was a dangerous being, he couldn't help feeling that it was merely an exaggeration of a sore loser. 

His sight returned to the black-robed man. To be precise, his gaze was focused to the group of beautiful ladies behind that man. 

He was the son of a High Ranker, and also a direct descendant from lineage of [Lord of the Skies]. 

He himself was one of leading rookie Rankers in the Tower; a titled Ranker. 

Be it his backing, or his own power, he possessed more than enough qualifications to get almost anything he wanted. 

Even if the other party is a reincarnator, so what? His family's servant is also a reincarnator. They aren't that great of a deal. 

'It is his sin to own something that I want. Heh.' 

"Arvin." 

The blonde young man called out lightly. 

At his call, an emotionless voice replied fast from one of his entourage, 

"Yes, young lord?" 

"Tell the Red Lizard's guildmaster that the one responsible for crippling his kid has finally shown up. He should have a lot to 'talk' with the perpetrator, right?" 

"Consider it done, young lord." 

Swish. 

A faint grin surfaced on the young man's face. 

Just like a hunter. One had to be patient if one wanted to savor the sweet taste of hunted prey later on. 

Since he only wanted to test the black-robed man for now, he'd rather use another hand to do the deed. 

After he knew the other party's hands, that would be the time for him to move out. 

'Don't disappoint me.' 

Before that, though, he would just act like bystander who wanted to watch a merry show. 

. . . 

"That pervert is Big Sis's fiancé? Just what kind of demonic spell did he put on her to make her fall so deep into him? I shall cut him up first to break his demonic magic...!" 

A young woman shook her head in disappointment when she glanced at Ryan and the ladies behind him. She hoisted the rapier on her waist as her hair swayed lightly by her gesture. 

The way she looked at Ryan was full of distrust and wariness, as though he was a damned thief... 

"Calm your horse, Sylvi. Even if you dislike it, he is still her fiancé nonetheless." 

A blue-haired woman smiled lightly when she saw her friend's outburst. She chuckled, "Besides, don't you think he's kinda sexy?" 

'I wonder how he does it with his women at night? All-in-one battle? Or one-on-one?' 

Hue-he-he-Hue-he-he. 

At the side, Sylvia was looking at her dear friend with a dead fish eyes. 

'Whoaa... this perverted girl...' 

Looking at the obvious blush and the charmed eyes she had when she looked at Aisha's fiance, Sylvia was able to imagine what was going on inside her friend's rotten mind. 

"Slutty mermaid." 

Tick. 

A frost lance suddenly thrusted toward the twin-tailed girl's neck. 

Though, a scarlet light flashed quick to block that piercing lance. 

"Pervert, are you trying to kill me?!" 

"Huh? I thought it was a fly buzzing on my ear. I didn't think it's a talking cardboard, instead. Sorry, I almost mistook you for a fly, Sylvi~~" 

"…that's it. You're picking a fight, aren't you? Come on! I'll take you on any times of the day, crazy pervert!!!" 

"Ara~ Ara~ what a violent girl." 

One of them hissed like a cat whose tail had been stepped on, while the other smiled lightly as her eyes showed her sadistic tendency. 

As these two girls glared daggers at each other, a dragonkin on their party looked at his side, at the lone swordmaster. He spoke meaningfully, "I thought you'd be more interested in her fiancé, wolf." 

His target of question, wolf, opened his eyes lightly as he glanced at Ryan. He looked quietly at the dragonkin as he spoke, "It seems some misunderstandings have spread in our guild." 

"Hm. Is that so? I thought you're interested in the guild leader as a potential mate… I guess I'm wrong, eh, wolf?" 

"Hmph. Mind your own business, Hargan." 

"AHAHA! Fine, I shall shut up." 

As he said so, the dragonkin stole another glance at Ryan and the ladies behind him. 

'Was it just my misconception? I seemed to feel the breath of noble descendant from some of them… how curious.' 

The veiled lady who kept her silence all this time suddenly glanced at Ryan and his entourage quietly. A strange light flashed past her gaze when she looked at Ushiwakamaru who was sitting cross-legged behind Ryan. 

'Although you aren't that person, and I am also not who I was back then...

'However, I can't look away from this burning anger within my heart... we shall conclude our ill-fated battle, Yoshitsune.' 

11