Chapter 10: Knightrider of Doom
967 2 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you dare to approach me! Me, the great Illusionerio!"

"Illusionerio? That's… such a stupid name."

"Muhahaha! Naive!"

"What the fuck are you saying?"

"I will burn you to ashes with my flame-ridden blades, the Crimson Kings!"

"This is just a whole new level of cringe. I'm going to knock you out quickly."

"Muhahaha! Naive! You will surely be crushed beneath my heel, for I, Illusionerio, shall bring ruin and doom to all!"

"Yeah, yeah. Hit me."

"Why aren't you dodging?! Do you not fear the great power of this Dark Knight!"

"You idiot. Your stupid name more or less reveals your gimmick."

"Gimmick?! No, this is true power! Power you cannot perceive! I am not slashing your physical form, but the form you shall take after death! The afterlife shall be out of your reach!"

"Just stop swinging. I know it's an illusion."

"You are a worthy adversa- ARGH!"

"Heh. One punch. Guess I'll go to the shop owner. Although, why am I getting a table?"


Just as I was about to start the staring contest with the shop owner, Mel came in dragging a knocked-out body. "Done, so can we get the table?"

"Aww… why'd you have to be so fast? We were about to have a staring contest!"

"Speaking of staring, can I also have my… eh, not saying friend, my maid here look into your roommate's eyes?"

"Why?"

"Hmm… she has an eye fetish!" 

The shop owner quickly looked at me with an expression of both confusion and disgust. "Yes, I do!" Might as well let it be a thing I have.

"Is that why you were so eager to have a staring contest?"

"Hell yeah, brother!"

"I'll get that table for you two then. Can you come with me, young lady, to discuss the details of it, while your maid looks into my roommate's eyes."

"Sure thing."

"I will stare into your friend's eyes long and hard!"

As Mel and the shop owner walked away, I heard him whisper to Mel, asking if I really had an eye fetish. At this point, I think I do. Probably. Mmm… eyeballs. Anyways, into the other guy's eyes I look into. Pulling open the eyelids, I see mediocre eyes. Seriously, nothing special. Disappointing.

Illusion

You can create illusions.

Side Note: I am the master of illusions!

Oh, that explains why Mel asked if I could. Huh, two Sacred Power holders living together. That's a rarity. Then again, I've been meeting Sacred Power holders quite consistently recently. Almost like I'm destined to meet them or something. That'd be cool. I wonder why, though? Is it because of my Sacred Power? Am I secretly a magnet? Is it related to my tea making skills? Where the hell am I? When do I get to change into a new maid outfit? Why is there a walking table? Can I ride that walking table?

"Okay, maid, let's go. I've got the table."

"What kind of table?"

"A real convenient table. I thought you were being stupid when you wanted to buy a table from here, but honestly, it's a real lifesaver. Now let's go. We're going to set up camp soon."

"Why don't we just sleep here?"

"And be near…," She pointed at the knocked out man, "that? No. We've got ourselves a neat table that can act as a tent, and we're going to use it."

"Can we sleep together?"

"Uh… sure, I guess. Not enough space under the table to sleep separately, anyways."

We walked down the road for a little while, far enough to not be able to see the table shop on the horizon and quickly set up camp. I wondered where Mel kept the table, but she reached out of her pocket and threw out a miniature table that grew to my height. She pressed a button on one of the legs, and a cloth appeared from the top. 

"And that's our tent."

"That is a wild table."

"I know. The size is adjustable, the cloth is water-resistant and can alternate between heating and cooling modes, there is an in-built anti-trespasser system, and it cleans itself. The shop owner said he could make any table with anything as a feature, and he wasn't lying."

"So we going to sleep now?"

"No, first," She took out the box Rich gave her, "you're going to look in the mirror. Teach said you have to look into it when we camp tonight, and here we are. Camping tonight."

I looked into the box, with its weird assortment of items, and grabbed out the mirror.


Character profile: Iryu Johnbeck.

Sacred power: Illusion.

Favourite comic book character: Batroc The Leaper, specifically his Gwenpool iteration.

Description: A Reincarnator. I'm not giving him any more of the spotlight.

Chapter namesake: Knightrider of Doom by Rhapsody of Fire.

55