Chapter 45: Every Day
444 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So here we are!" We were currently on the edge of a floating rock. I looked over the edge to see nothing but pure black, which really reminds me of Hamblin. Myka pulled on my arm, away from the edge. "Woah there, camera, wouldn't want you going over the edge."

"What's a camera?"

"A really cool gadget from Mel's world. I'll be taking you there soon as part of my plan. A little cafe date because I can do that."

"Your plan has a surprising lack of destruction."

"My plan hasn't actually started. I had to introduce myself then I had to do that thing to my sister to establish I'm evil. Since I've done that, though, I can now do my plan."

"I don't understand."

"Let me put it in a single word that I'm sure someone who works under Merida would be familiar with. Buildup."

"Oh, now it makes sense. So where are we?"

"We're like a couple dragons worth of distance southeast of Hamblin right now, on the floating island of the Bohu clan. I'd go into their backstory, but they don't matter. What does matter is that they're related to Merida."

"Wait, Merida's relatives live here?"

"They sure do! Basically, we're here to do bad things to them like taking away all their clothes, killing their farm animals, and attempting to seduce their daughters and sons." 

"Seducing their daughters? You've got me hooked."

Myka facepalmed. "You're supposed to be stopping me. Cause you know, I'm the bad guy."

"But seducing daughters!"

"You know what, now I'm just slaughtering them."

"Oh…" I threw a dagger at her, which bounced off her skin.

"Now you take action. Fucking hell… I've lost motivation, honestly."

"So you're not going to destroy everything?"

"I'm still doing that. I was going to do this whole thing about Merida where I'd smear her name, even if it meant lying about some details, whilst doing bad things to her remaining family, but now I don't feel like it."

"What does smearing Merida's reputation have to do with destroying everything?"

"The most effective way to destroy a world is to destroy its people."

"I feel like blowing up the land would be more effective."

"From a logical standpoint, yes, but from a philosophical standpoint, a world is not the environment you find yourself in, but it is the people in the wo-" Suddenly, a spear impaled the hip of Myka. "Huh… this is quite the rude interruption."

I turned to see where the spear came from, only to see a bunch of elves preparing to throw more spears. That can't be good. I stomped on the ground, creating a rock wall to protect me from the incoming spears. On the other hand, Myka just stood there, numerous spears flying into her flesh. She didn't flinch one bit, nor did any blood spill out. Wait… "You let them hit you, but not me!"

"If you hit me, that might've started an abusive relationship between you and me! I don't want domestic abuse in my love life!"

"What makes you think I'd be an abuser?! I'll have you know I'd shower you with nothing but love!"

"I know! I was just bullshitting about the abuse thing! I was just caught off-guard by these spears, not your dagger!"

"Oh… that makes sense." I took a peek to see if the elves had run out of spears when an important looking elf stopped the elves' attack and walked toward us. She kind of looks like Merida but older. "Hey Myka, she looks important. Do you know who she is?"

"Nope. I know she's a Sacred Power holder and that she's probably important to Merida, so let me do this." Myka dug her hand into the ground, picked up dirt and threw it into the air. "Dirt dome activated!" The dirt expanded, creating a dome around Myka, the approaching elf, and me. 

The elf held her spear towards us. "Intruders, how did you come here?"

"I was whisked away by a flying carpet." Myka pulled up a carpet from the ground. Was that always there?

"She brought us here." I pointed at Myka, which led the elf to aim her weapon completely at Myka.

"Why are you here? How did you know about this place?"

"I'm here to destroy the world. Everything that has ever existed."

The elf stood there for a minute, contemplating Myka's words, before putting her weapon on the ground, then kneeling down. "Then everything has already been destroyed, and we're all that remains. A lonely existence… you may continue your destruction. We have nothing to gain from a continued existence." 

"Well, that's fucking depressing, ain't that right, Madeleine?"

"I thought it was a bit egotistic."

"How so, maid?"

"What makes you assume you're all that's left?"

"We are found Beyond The Edge. You would have a better time ravaging all the lands and their heroes than finding us."

"You hear that, Madeleine? Before I destroy y'all, I've got to tell this maid two things."

"Ooh, what are they?"

"One, look into the elf's eyes."

"Aye aye, private!" I hopped over to the elf, grabbed her skull, and looked into her eyes. Ooh… those are definitely the eyes of someone ready to meet their doom. Such a peaceful look.

Thunder

You can create thunder.

Side Note: Thunder, thunder, thunder!

"And now the second thing, but first," She faced her palm towards the elf, "Push." A giant hand appeared and pushed the elf out of the dirt dome. "I was going to say something about Merida, but she would've been enraged by that, used Thunder, temporarily stunned you while I was talking, and you'd have missed out on all that information."

"Why wouldn't you just tell me after I got out of my stunned state?"

"Because I don't like saying things twice. I hate saying things twice."

"Then don't say it while I'm stunned."

"No, fuck you, I'll say it when I want, whether you're stunned or not. I don't care how stupid it is. I have to say it."

"I can't tell if you love me or hate me."

"I'd be willing to have both love sex and hate sex with you."

"I didn't even know the second thing was a thing."

"It most definitely is. Now, let me share that Merida thing I wanted to share."

"Let me guess, she sees more than she lets on."

"Uh… yeah."

"I've already guessed as much. She's filled with holes, you know. Also, Ark said that. Honestly, Merida's whole thing is being shady. I kind of expected that. What I didn't expect is that apparently May has a different form. I wonder what it is."

"Woah, you're skipping ahead. I was gonna do stuff related to Mel next. May was gonna be…" She pulled out a piece of paper from under her shoe, "Oh, she's last on my list. You're going to have to wait."

"Darn."

"Anyways, I'm going to go into the specifics of what Merida can tru-"

"People's minds, people's eyes, the very nature of the world, people's biology, secret rooms, probably a lot more stuff. As long as it's in our world, she can see it. She most definitely used this ability to mess over with the world countless times out of pure boredom, but we're not supposed to know that. It's her secret, after all. She also thinks her whole mysteriousness thing is cool, when in reality she's terrible at keeping secrets. She's pretty cute in that aspect."

"What about her scheming? Sure she's scheming something, and I'm here to spoil it!"

"She's a loner and has started to like our chaotic household, and so she's trying to keep it together the only way she knows. Through manipulative schemes. She plans to tie us all together through a meticulous plan. Like I said, she's filled with holes."

"What the fuck?! You stole my thunder!"

"Suck it."

"Fucking hell… let me guess, you figured out why she's obsessed with you."

"If I had to guess… although she can see Sacred Powers, she can't see my Side Notes on her own and needs to see through my eyes."

"If you're so fucking smart, why don't you fucking show it?"

"A master has no need for a smart maid, only an obedient maid."

"Great… so what do you know about Mel and her previous world?"

"Nothing, I don't care about it."

"Okay, something you can't ruin." She opened a portal to a strange world with high buildings and one of those moving metal carriages Rich had. "You know, first I didn't get to reveal my plan, then you beat me in poker, then you steal my thunder. I'm starting to hate my existence as an antagonist even more than I already did. Now fucking hurry up and go through the portal." And through the portal, I went.


Character profile: Seida Sicht

Sacred power: Thunder

Relation to Merida: Mother

Description: The leader of the Leere clan and mother to Merida the Seer. The Leere clan were always feared due to their proficiencies with dark magic and the Beyond's monsters' ignorance towards them, but all this fear towards them reached an entire new peak when word came that the Dreaded Seer originated from them. As soon as that news got around to the kingdoms surrounding them, they planned to completely exterminate the clan as retaliation against the Seer, who they could not touch due to her schemes. An army coalition with soldiers from at least 15 different countries caused the Leere clan, in a last-ditch effort, to retreat beyond the Edge on a floating island, hoping the monster's typical ignorance would allow them to pass. 

Chapter namesake: Every Day by bo en

22