Chapter 64: Sixty Four
369 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Endless Darkness, Endless Night."

Hey there, it's me, shaking and crying right now. So it turns out Maxine underestimated the bandit camp, but it's honestly understandable. We took care of everyone in less than two minutes, but then came the boss. I'd tell you what the boss was, but they're wearing one of those cloaks that cover everything, so I can't see any details. Well, that and the intense amount of tears in my eyes. I can't see anything. I keep rubbing, and they keep coming. On the bright side, Maxine and Mel are also crying. Bonding over tears!

"Ultra Death." 

Oh boy, that's a huge scythe they've got the- WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! That almost hit me. I'm so glad I roll when I cry. Shaking, rolling and crying. It sure is fun. Mel seems to be drawing her bow… and she missed. Maxine is lying face down, a puddle of tears under her. Damn, she's really sad.

"You Don't Want To Be Alone."

And now I can't see Mel or Maxine. Where did they go? Where the hell am I? I'm looking around, but I can't see or hear anything… no, wait, I can feel bloodlust. The kind of bloodlust made by a person about to swing a huge scythe onto your thigh… time to roll. Rolling, rolling, rolling. This has always made me wonder what goes on in the minds of others in combat. Do they think about what attacks they'll do? Do they not think and let instinct take over? Do they think about cake?

"Crosses To Burn, Axes To Fall." 

Good news, the tears have gone away. I can see clearly now. Bad news, there's a bunch of spirit warriors… perfect time to retaliate. I'll spread my shadow far and wide using the Ring of Lurking Darkness. Looking around, we're in an isolation bubble. It's all white. Time to paint it black. I stomp my foot down hard, making my shadow spread all over, completely covering the ground, walls, and ceiling. Soon after, my clones rose all over, brandishing weapons made of complete darkness. We both stand still, waiting for the other to make a move. The warrior spirits and shadow maids are brandishing their weapons, eager to attack. Now, this is where the fun begins. I'm making the first move. I summoned a dagger to my hand and threw it straight at the cloaked figure. My shadow clones follow suit, throwing countless shadow daggers everywhere.

"With a Cane To The Sky Like 'None shall pass'."

A wall suddenly grew from the floor in front of my enemy, completely blocking every dagger that flew her way. The warrior spirits near the front were pelted by daggers and instantly dispersed, but spirits from the backlines returned fire, shooting arrows, taking out a lot of the maids that sprouted out from the ceiling. How are they sticking to the ceiling? Can I stick myself to the ceiling using my shadow? That sounds fun.

"SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE!"

The wall slammed itself down on the maids in front of it, and then from the cloaked figure came a road of spikes, stabbing everything in its path. Are those spikes on spikes? That's kind of cool. Time to counter with my own spikes. I slam my foot down, creating a path of ice that completely stops the spikes, then slam again to create ice spikes. These bad boys should keep their legs frozen lo- what the fuck? They just jumped over it. Dagger throw, dagger throw. 

"If I Could Save Time In A Bottle."

Eh… what happened? She was up in the air, and now… I stomped my foot on the ground, creating a wall of fire around me. I should be safe now. I turned around and lowered the fire wall to see the figure had somehow appeared behind me. Teleportation? Time stop? Wishing upon a shooting star? You can't have more than one Sacred Power, yet it doesn't feel like they're using magic… I should've listened more in combat class.

You know what, no more thinking, I'm slamming my foot down and letting this whole place shake. I lifted my foot up and slammed it down as hard as possible, sending a crack through the ground, up the wall, and all around. I think it's going to burst. The bubble completely disappeared, and I found myself back in the bandit camp. The shadow maids and the warrior spirits suddenly died, hit by the shining sun. I don't think that's how spirits work, but whatever. It looked cool.

"Fire at its feet, Mel."

"Got it." 

An arrow flew between the cloaked figure's feet. They turned around at Maxine and Mel and prepared to throw their scythe at them, but it was too late. Maxine lifted her staff and let out some magical energy, creating a cloud above my opponent, sending down a lightning strike down towards the arrow, incapacitating the foe. I've always wanted to learn lightning magic, but lightning and the ground aren't friends for some reason. Before I could continue with my magic thought rant, Mel hugged me.

"Are you here to suck my life force through body contact?"

"Definitely."

"Suck all you want."

She stopped the hug and then put her hands on my shoulder. "I was going to get emotional, and we were going to have a moment. Why'd you have to ruin it?"

"Never a serious moment with me."

"Haa… give back all my feelings. To think I was worried you almost died."

"We have a mission to complete, you two."

"Let's go get Mimi."

"Do we have to?"

"Probably not, but she will just follow. By the way, you should look in the eyes of whatever you just fought."

"Aye aye, captain!" I walked over, bent down, and moved its hood over. It's… a person! Judging by the white hair, probably half-angel or even half-demon. Like me, since I'm half-demon, half-angel. Just kidding, I have no idea what I am. Anyways, eyes to find, eyes to blind. I mean, look in.

Sixty Four

You have 64 abilities.

Side Note: Blessed be the Creator's child.

Huh… "Hey Mel, how do you feel about kidnapping?"

"Considering recent events, not for it. Why?"

"Let's take this kid."

"Why?"

"It's the Creator's kid."

"Oh, then yeah, let's do that."

"Let's become the bad guys!"

"Yeah! Wait… what?" 

Into the shadow clone prison thingy they go! Maybe they'll say hi to that other guy… what other guy?


Character profile: Mira Cerodos

Sacred power: 64

Favourite ability: Power Of Those From Beyond

Description: ???

Chapter namesake: Sixty Four from Kirby Cafe

Every line Mira says is a music reference except for one. Are you able to figure them out? You win fake soup if you do. Well, you don't, actually, but you can pretend you win fake soup.

17