Chapter 86: Over and Over and Over
276 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"'There must be some kind of way out of here', said the Joker to the Thief."

"What the hell are you talking about, Darky?"

"Ooh, Darky. I like that nickname."

"Aww… shucks… seriously though, what are you doing?" 

Hi, it's me, Darky here. Huh? You don't know which Shadow Madeleine I am, huh. Well, the rules state that if it isn't a continuation of the previous drabble, then it must be a new Shadow Madeleine. Except fuck that. Screw the rules. I get to be the focus Shadow Madeleine. It's me, Shadow Madeleine #333, although I guess my name is Darky now. I like it, especially since it was given to me by the demon thief I've become acquaintances with. 

"Acquaintances, huh." Aww… she's pouting. Who knew a demon thief whose name is Rebel could be so cute? Aww… she's blushing now. "S-shut it! We need to focus on the situation, not ourselves!"

"But my inner monologue!"

"I don't care. We need to get out of this!"

"Can I at least explain what's going on internally?"

"Fine, fine. While you do nothing, I'll try another run." Rebel got up and kissed me on the forehead. "Be back soon, sweetie." And out of the prison cell, Rebel ran.

Aww… she looks so cool while she runs. Huh? Prison cell? What's weird about tha- oh yeah! Rebel's Sacred Power! That's a good point. Well, you see, this isn't an actual jail cell. It's more like a metaphorical prison. I mean, it's a prison in name, but it isn't a real prison. We've just been calling it a prison. Either that or Rebel's Sacred Power only works on jails, not prisons. No idea which.

It's like this weird cube room on a floating island, surrounded by more floating islands. Each of the floating islands also have cube rooms that also hold prisoners. They're not very friendly, so Rebel and I have had some scuffles with them. I've even seen Rebel die a couple of times. Speaking of dying, it turns out shadow clones don't die. Huh? What do you mean 'How has Rebel died a couple of times?'? Well, I'm getting there, okay? 

Anyways, as I was saying, it's really wild here. Basically, a battle royal situation, not that I know what a proper battle royal is. All I know is that one of my shadow clone sisters (I think her name was Ava) is really into them and keeps sending these annoying screenshots (That's what she calls them) through the shadow clone mind network thingy. As revenge, I've been sending screenshots of the nearly endless amounts of corpses you come across in this weird prison place, unless the corpse is Rebel. I cry looking at those half the time. Other times I laugh. She got killed by tripping over and snapping her neck on a tiny pebble once. Funniest death of hers.

Huh? I still haven't explained how she died multiple times? Just give it a second. I need to say one more detail, then wait for, if I did my math right, around ten seconds after I say what I need to. The floating islands spin clockwise.

Okay, give it a few seconds… okay, the islands are spinning anti-clockwise now. The dead guy who was killed as soon as Rebel got out rose up, his wounds disappearing and his eyes opening. He glares at me, clearly pissed off by my girlfriend's attack. I flipped him off because I'm a kind person. Soon, Rebel flies back into the cube room with an angry look. 

"That damn fucking orc! I'm gonna stuff that huge club of his up his ass!"

"So no luck, still?"

"No shit, Darky." Rebel plops down on the ground, frustrated at our current situation. "I'm going to kill the bastards who put us in here!"

"Who put us in here again?"

"You forgot again. I keep telling you, it's the Reincarnator's Organization, or whatever the fuck they call themselves. They think they're big shots, but we'll tell them otherwise."

"Yeah! Right after we escape!"

"Yeah! Right…" Rebel looked at the ground, depressed. "We're not escaping."

"I'm sure we will! Together we can take on the whole world!"

Rebel looked at me with expectant eyes. "Really?"

"Yes, really!"
Rebel got up with a renewed determination. "I'll believe yo- AHHH!!! WHY IS THERE A SECOND YOU?!?!"

I turn to my right to see Shadow Madeleine #1, who was the eldest and leader of us shadow clones. "Yo, what up numbah one."

You can talk, how?

"I just can. So, what do you need?"

The Shadow Madeleines have an important meeting that requires the attendance of every sentient Shadow Madeleine, which includes you. Please return to the Shadowrealm.

"Oh yeah, the Shadowrealm exists." I turned to Rebel, who was confused, then back to number one. "Can I take my girlfriend?"

So you too have a lover. You are required to take her, as the romantic escapades of the other Shadow Madeleines and our physical counterpart are actually the subject to be discussed at the meeting.

"Neat." I went over to Rebel to give her a big hug.

"What's happening?!"

"We're escaping!"

At that moment, a lady dressed in warden clothes with a clock on a chain walked into our cube room. "Halt, intruder!"

Number 333, I shall take your lover to the Shadowrealm. In the meantime, snatch that chain on the warden, then escape to the Shadowrealm.

"Aye aye, number one!" 

"Wait… what?! What the fuck is going on?! Why am I sinking?! Darky!!!" Soon, Rebel sunk into the shadows while flailing about. Aww… she's adorable when she's screaming. Especially when it's different screams. Haha! An attempt at a dirty joke!

"Where is that inmate going?!"

"No idea! By the way," I dashed in front of her, catching her off-guard. I used this as a chance to grab the chain, tearing it off her. "I'm taking this. Bye-bye!" And into the shadows, I sank. Ooh… the chain gave me a Side Note.

Rewind

You can rewind the time flows of others.

Side Note: It's rewind time.


"Then, out of nowhere, Jeremy stubs his toe! How'd he do that on sand?!"

"Melina-san, you're drunk. I think it would be best for you to return to your room rather than watch over Madeleine and Melanie."

"And I think you're drunk too, fucking weeb! Why the hell are you adding that san bullshit, Myka?!"

"Because I thought it'd be funny."

"I'll admit I chuckled in my head a little."

"Good. Now, let us go to your room. I'm sure you can just ask Melania and Madeleine about the details tomorrow."

"Fine, fine! Lemme just take one last peeee… k…?"

"What is it, Melina-sama?"

"Holy shit, they're kissi- ARGH!"

"HOLY SHIT SISTER, WERE YOU SPYING ON US?!?!"

"That's hot… I mean, what Mel said!"

"For the readers at home, Melina leaned a bit too hard on the door and fell over, Mel and Maddy were kissing after a really heartfelt confession that I'm sure got glossed over for comedic effect, and I get to break the fourth wall again because reality warping bullshit. Fuck you, Mr Pinstripe Suit. I get to keep my powers."


Item profile: Necklace of Restarting

Sacred power: Time Loop

Amount of time it can rewind: More than 6 seconds

Description: The time rewinding necklace of a cruel warden. The Necklace of Restarting is one of many Sacred Power artifacts created by the Reincarnator's Organization (Or was it Association). It was worn by the warden Lithus White, who guards the Eternal Prison, a cruel prison created by the Reincarnator's Organization to hold any criminal they deem too dangerous. Rebel was caught when it was found out she simply walked through the royal vaults of Sacre Pla to commit thievery and considering her a threat, they put their best team to capture her. They managed to lock her up by using loopholes regarding her Sacred Power (There are a lot of loopholes regarding Sacred Powers). Darky was also imprisoned by being locked into Rebel's shadow but broke out using Anarchy. Unfortunately, she was too stupid to realise she could've also broken out of the Eternal Prison using Anarchy.

Chapter namesake: Over and Over and Over by Jack White

13