Chapter 107:『ラグトレイン』
183 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, I'm Shadow Madeleine 53, and I'm on a train! The train goes choo choo. I love the wheels of a train. This train goes all over Mendass… also above it. Yes, that's right! This train is better than a standard train since it flies! Flying train, hell yeah! There is a downside to this whole train thing, though. You see, I can't seem to get off. I've tried nearly everything. Opening the door, jumping out the window, building a bomb, and blowing a hole in the roof. I even tried to ask the other Shadow Clones for help, but they can't seem to swap places with me, except for Darky, but she's a jerk who's too busy either cartwheeling or fucking her demon girlfriend to help any of her sisters. 

Well, there is one way the people stuck on this train and I have been told to get out. Murder. It kind of sounds like a game Ava's daughter told me about when I had to babysit her. It's a wild situation, let me say that. Oh yeah, the murder thing. Honestly, it's straightforward to do. Physical Madeleine was trained in the assassination arts, and I inherited her skills. It's just… well… I'm a bit too invested in the people on this train. 

Well, I was invested… there are only like five of us left. You watch some folks for around three days, then decide to look away for a day, and before you know it, a domino effect happens, and everyone is dead. Right now, the guy who forced us on this train is in the middle of being burned alive. I think this is the part where we go out or something. 

I guess I should introduce the other two survivors since I have a feeling I'm stuck with them. The first is… never mind, he just offed himself. Nearly one hundred people entered this train, and only three are getting out… well, more like two. I'm technically not a person. Technically. 

Anyways, time to introduce Inaba!

She's fucking dead. At least I got to say her name. Okay, guess there are only two survivors, and one of them just so happens to be the one thing on this train that can't technically die. What a shitshow of a killing game. You know what, since I'm still here, I might as well give you guys a tour of the train. I assume I'm talking to the voices in Physical Madeleine's head.

So the part of the train I'm in is… well, I actually have no idea where on the train I am. I think this is the engine room, but the problem is I have no idea what an engine looks like. All I can remember is that this room was used in a murder. I think it was that regal-looking fellow claimed to be the King of Veera. He was a prick and ended up getting killed by this one girl who wouldn't shut up about the fact she was an orphan. 

I could have totally stopped that murder. How come I didn't? 

"That's because I hit you with my power." I turned to see a girl who looked like she came from another world, chewing on something while holding a phone. "So you know what a phone is. What a scam of a fantasy world, really breaking my immersion. What are you, anyway?"

I am Shadow Madeleine number 53, at your service!

"Guessing by the number and the Shadow thing, a shadow clone. A maid who can create shadow clones. Let me guess, she hides daggers under her skirt."

That is indeed the case! 

"How boring." She let out a little sigh. "I guess this is the part where you ask questions, and I say stuff."

It's alright if you don't want to. I'm more interested in hijacking this train… although I do want an explanation on how you stopped me from stopping the murders.

"Simple. My ability is called Lag Switch. I used it on the minds of the folks I thought were more powerful or smarter than the rest to level the playing field since, without that, it'd be too boring. Is that all you want explained?"

How do I hijack this train?

"Just go to the front and claim the train is yours. Feel free to take the train wherever you want. Any more questions?"

Who are you, and do you have a Sacred Power?

"My name is… I don't remember. I got sent here prematurely since I was too busy pissing off the prick who wanted to transmigrate me. They must've done a number to my brain. In the meantime, I guess you can call me… hmm… Lilah. That sounds right, I guess. As for the second question, I guess Lag Switch is my Sacred Power. That should be it, right? I want to go back to my room."

Can I look into your eyes?

"If it gets you off me, yeah."

Woohoo! Eyes! I skipped over to her, grabbed her face, and stared into her dark brown eyes.

Lag Switch

You can cause things to lag.

Side Note: It's the ping!

And off she went. Oh yeah, she's the other survivor. She spent pretty much the whole game stuck in her room. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've spoken to her. Well, she's stuck on this train with me. We've got a lot of time to bond. The first thing, however. I must hijack this train! Physical Madeleine is going to love this! A flying train!


Character profile: Lilah?

Sacred power: Lag Switch

Days since transmigration: 55

Description: The amnesiac transmigrator who happened to get caught up in a killing game. Lilah spent pretty much the whole killing game stuck in her room, playing games on her phone, the only thing she managed to bring from Earth. She just so happened to be on the train that was meant to be the stage for a killing game in Mendass. The runner of the killing game was trying to get her off the train but ended up sending her alongside the modified train to Mendass after she pissed him off. Lilah is easily bored and was initially excited at the idea of being in a killing game, but after three days of peace, she decided to lock herself in her room to play games. Somehow, this let her survive the domino effect that would lead 150 people to go down to 2.

Chapter namesake: 『ラグトレイン』by INABAKUMORI (It's Lagtrain, for those who recognise its English name more. I used the Japanese name because I thought that'd be funny.)

The main group need an actual mode of transport, and I wanted a flying train to be a thing, so yeah. Flying trains, fuck yeah.

11