Chapter 110: Wonderful Dead 001
192 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Zombielands. Nearly 100 square miles filled with undead corpses, rotting buildings, and opportunistic bandits. Perfect place for a date, isn't it, Mel?"

"This is a terrible date location, I'm not Mel, and why me?"

"Would you like the reason that allows for character development, my personal reason, the logical reason, or whatever reason is in your head?"

"Would it be bold to ask for all of them?"

"Very bold, incredibly bold, unbelievably bold!" Myka scurries over to Melina, their faces becoming a bit too close for the maid's companion's liking. "I love that answer. It lets me go on and on. Such a long monologue already filling up my mind. The deconstruction of your character, the acknowledgement of my role, and so much more! I can just see it! Can you?"

"Honestly… no. What's with the character change?"

"Ah, that's tied to one of the reasons, but we have plenty of time to discuss the reasons, you know. By the way, there's a zombie behind you. You might want to kill it."

"What the fuck?!" Melina quickly turns around to see nothing is behind her. "Fuck you, Myka. Fuck you."

"It was funny."

"For you, bitch."

"Geez, why the hostility? You do know I could kill all the zombies with a snap of a finger."

"So why don't you?"

"Because that'd be boring." Myka spun around, finger gunning random places, before going back to facing Melina. "So, here's the plan, bucko."

"Bucko?"

"Each unfortunate day we're stuck here, I'll tell you one hypothetical reason we're here. Consider it a Myka special."

"A Myka special?"

"I'm very good at hijacking stories." The bunny girl maid let out a malicious grin. "It's the privilege of those with the highest of powers."

"Still going on with that whole reality warping powers?"

"Trust me, it's no delusion of mine." Myka's face turns serious for a moment before returning to its whimsical state. "Anywho, let's start with the reasoning! Pick a number between one to five."

"What if I don't go along with this whole thing?"

"So number three, good choice. We're here because it's a date!"

"That joke again?" Melina shakes her head. "There's no way that one reason is something as simple as that."

"You know, I quite enjoyed our whole dynamic while we were setting up Mel and Madeleine's mini romance arc. It really broke my heart when you suddenly started up this whole hate train on me."

"..."

"I don't know why you hate me… but I don't ha-ha… I don't hat-ha… fuck!"

"Wow, how convincing."

"Shut the fuck up. I'm a former fucking antagonist. I bet you the sick fuck who put us on this god-forsaken story forgot to give me an actual heart, okay. I can't do this… this… this liking shit. God fucking damnit."

"So you hate me?"

"Dear god no. I couldn't hate any poor fucker who gets stuck with Madeleine's bullshit. Look, I don't hate you, so it's kind of disheartening hearing you call me the second coming of Satan every two sentences."

"I've never said that."

"I thought you did. Now, there's a zombie behind you, do a cool action scene while I think for a second to decide what the punchline should be."

"Pfft… there isn't a zombie before me."

"Its hand is on your shoulder."

"HOLY SHIT, ITS HAND IS ON MY SHOULDER!!! HELP ME MYKA!!!"

"Do it yourself."

"Fuck you!" Melina turned around and pushed the zombie back before taking a fighting stance. "Side Character powers, activate!" Melina stood there for a second, waiting for something to happen, while the zombie slowly got up from the ground. "Ah, fuck it, improvisation time." Melina grabs a nearby piece of debris and throws it at the zombie, breaking its fragile body and ultimately killing it. Behind her, Myka is clapping.

"Congratulations on the subjugation of the zombie. Ten out of ten action, would never watch again."

"Well fuck you too." Melina brushes her clothes, before looking away from the disgusting and mangled zombie corpse. "Is it just me, or is this whole thing feeling really weird?"

"Haha, don't worry about that. It's just me trying to break reality again. Did you know the Zombielands are quite stable by Mendass' standards due to how definitive its image is?"

"I didn't get any of that."

"Of course, you don't. No one does." Myka points at the zombie corpse. "Anyways, that thing is important for the Side Note count, so pluck out its eyes."

"What? Hell no! I'm not fucking doing that!"

"Pfft… I wasn't asking, I was ordering." At that moment, Melina crouched down next to the corpse, her hands reaching out towards its face.

"Wait, what?! No, no, no! Hands, don't touch that… FUCK, ITS DISGUSTING!!!" Melina ends up with both hands in her palm and shows it to Myka, who pretends to have a staring contest with it. A familiar blue screen shows up in front of her.

"So Break, interesting. Oh yeah, I have to show it to the cameraman."

"What cameraman?"

"That one." Myka points in a random direction. There isn't a cameraman, but Myka still moves the blue screen to where she pointed, which seems to have done what she wanted to do.

Break

You can break things.

Side Note: Have a break, have a KitKat. Huh? Copyright? What's that?

"Anyways, that should be all. Excited for the next chapter where reality will be even more fractured, Mel?"
"What do you mean fractured? It doesn't look very… is that a giant, upside-down zombie? Is… is it pixelated?"

"Haha… how beautiful. I love being a bad guy."


Meanwhile, in a fancy hotel

"I really want to kill my dad."

"Mimi, I think we got caught up in something a bit too big for my liking. How about… Mimi? MIMI?! MIMI, YOU BASTARD, DID YOU DITCH ME?!?!"

"As such, I, Sofia Proch, the third princess of Trogen, request something from you, Merry the Summoner."

"I thought this random shenaniganery was supposed to happen to Madeleine!"

"I would like you to assist me in assassinating my father, the King of Trogen."

"Do I get to decline?"

"Heehee~"

"How despairing."


Character profile: Sorge

Sacred power: Break

Favourite usage of Sacred Power: Breaking apart relationships.

Description: The infamous Anti-Romance bandit. Sorge used to live in Sacre Pla, where he would lay in waiting on the outskirts of its capital and ambush any couple with hopes of breaking them up. He was also an enforcer for the Sacre Pla Underground, but he was excommunicated after he ended the relationship between the children of two different crime families, who were hoping to marry the two to merge the two families together as a power play against the rest of the underground. He was meant to be executed, but after continuously breaking out of any restrainments they gave him, they just decided to keep him out. He was sent to the Zombielands after he accidentally broke up an S-Ranked Adventurer party, earning the ire of one of its members and punched all the way from Sacre Pla, over Bellum, and right into the lair of the Necromancer.

Chapter namesake: Wonderful Dead 001 by Masafumi Takada for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

10