Chapter 113: Wonderful Dead 004
146 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This kind of reminds me of the Chaos Storm."

"Wow, really? Could you kindly elaborate, Madeleine?"

"Well, the giant bird made out of cheese, the upside-down floating joker card, and the portal to hell really feel like things you'd find in the Chaos Storm."

"I was being sarcastic and rhetorical."

"Oh."

"So, what are we going to do?"

"Watch?"

"No crazy idea? No fighting the tribe of alive lamps? No jumping into that very alarming crack in reality that looks like it leads to a dimension of static? No licking the mannequin that looks like me?"

"Now that you say those things, I've decided what we can do!"

"I regret sharing my thoughts."

"Let's go there!" I point towards the green cube with many doors littered around it. "I want to open the doors and see where they lead!"

"This will go wonderfully."

"I know!"

"I was being sarcastic, but not rhetorical."

"Oh."

"Hurry up and lead the way."

"Aye aye, mother!"

"Please don't call me that or any other form of a maternal figure, like mom, mama, or god forbid mommy."

"Fine, fine." I grab Mel's wrists and then drag her to the door cube, stopping in front of the nearest door. "What's behind door number one?"

"I hope a new sports car."

I open the door and found… nothing. Just an endless expanse of white. "It's the Void!"

"And how do you know that, Madeleine? For all we know, it could be the outside of panels, or the surface of a single white hair strand, or even a bucket of white paint."

"I've been to the Void before."

"Oh… wait, what?"

While Mel is processing that, let's open door number two! I was about to walk over to it when suddenly a body flew right through it, right into a nearby tree. A tentacle reached through the remains of the door, and on top of it was… is that a shadow clone? She's running across the tentacle, dragging a giant shadow sword along it before jumping off it, landing in front of the person in the tree. The shadow clone grabbed the man who looked like a ship captain, whilst the tentacle retreated. With the man over her shoulder, the shadow clone saluted me before running back through the door.

"That happened." Mel put her hand on my shoulder. "Recognise the shadow clone?"

"Well, of course I do. It was me. Enough about me, let's continue with the doors!"

"Haa… why did I have to tell her to look outside? Why couldn't we stay in the hotel room?"

"Because you secretly love the random bullshit!"

"Fuck… you're right."

"Love you too."

"I know."

I grabbed Mel's hand, and we walked around the corner of the cube, only to find a peculiar sight. It was my mom holding a giant pickaxe whilst the Creator was standing behind her, holding a clipboard and acting as if they were a supervisor (Is the Creator my mom? Dad? Both? Neither? All I know is that they're my motherfucker. Heh… I'm patting myself on the shoulder for that.) The Creator noticed us, giving us a little wave.

"Hey kid. What brings you two here?"

"Doors!"

"Our hotel room suddenly teleported here, and in typical Madeleine fashion, she went straight for the first thing she wanted to go to."

"Doors!"

"That's cool."

"Why are you two here?"

"Are you my dad or mom?"

"I'm your donator. As for why we're here, meeting Side Note made me nostalgic about Moira here, and since reality is going all fucky-wucky right now, I figured it'd be the perfect time for a date." 

"Donator? What?"

"Did… did you really say fucky-wucky?"

"The giant cube is a cube, and cubes must be mined. Ain't that right, Moira?"

Mom paused her mining for a bit, looked at the Creator for a second, and then turned to Mel and I to say with absolute certainty, "Indeed!" I guess it makes sense, at least to me.

"Now I see why Madeleine is this way." Mel put her head into her palms. "I think I can only take one family member of yours at a time, Madeleine."

"Oh yeah, have you seen your half-sister, kiddo? The edgy one who likes cloaks, scythes, and cute Kirby Cafe music."

"Nope."

"Huh. Wonder where she is."


Meanwhile, somewhere in Trogen

"I require a distraction while I prepare the summoning circle. Mimi, Princess, I ask you two!"

"Nyaa~"

"Upon my pride as a royal, I shall provide a distraction to allow the tides of this battle to tip in our favour!"

"Killing Moon!

"Careful Mimi! I feel the aura of death around that cloak she summoned!"

"Nyaa~"
"Understood! Prepare yourself, stranger! Once this fight is over, I, Princess Sofia Proch, shall rip off that cloak and reveal your ide- URK!"

"Nyaa!!! NYAAAA- URGH!!!"

"Princess! Mimi! Hmph, worry not, for I have finished! Retreat, for this fight is now done! I call upon for the Lord of Wrath! Come to my side, Fallen Angel Satan!"

"With a cane to the sky like 'None Shall Pass!'"

"Hmph! What a puny barrier… what?! Satan cannot destroy it?!"

"In the court of the crimson king!"

"What… what monstrous allies! I guess I'll have to summon all the Demon Lords! Ahaha! Let this battle commence!"


Meanwhile, in the Zombielands

"So yeah, those were my siblings."

"Man, I'm seeing you in a different light now, Myka."

"You like me now?"

"I guess we can be friends… by the way, why are you holding onto a zombie with a leash?"

"It's one of my siblings. My younger brother Nocker. A shame what happened to him."

"Oh… are you going to help him?"

"Nah, his soul is long gone. The only reason I'm keeping him here is so I can look into his eyes."

"For a Side Note."

"Yep."

Knockback

You can knock things back.

Side Note: Knockback increases with percentage.

"Anyways, I've got a question, Lina."

"Hit me with it."

"Does it feel like we were overlooked?"

"I have no idea what you mean by that."


Character profile: Nocker Jaspers

Sacred power: Knockback

Favourite sibling: Loakee

Description: The third youngest of the Jaspers litter and the kid right after Myka. Nocker was an adventurous kid, looking up to the oldest brother Carro, who was an established adventurer. Nocker dreamt of being an adventurer alongside his siblings, but after the sudden disappearance of Blud, Deela, Haato, and Myka, he decided to venture out on his own to find his siblings. While on his journey, he actually settled down in an elven village, but the call to adventurer was too strong, and he left to explore the Zombielands, where he met his end.

Chapter namesake: Wonderful Dead 004 by Masafumi Takada for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

I have the image of a comically tiny maid chipping away at a comically large block with a comically large pickaxe stuck in my mind right now. That's what inspired this chapter, I guess.

8