Chapter 115: 115
133 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zombie cave, zombie cave, zombie cave, zombie cave. I don't know what else to save… I mean say. Actually, think. I forgot I was thinking, not saying. Zombie cave… do you think I could make a song out of that? You know what, I'll try to make a rhythm in my head, then make up some lyrics for it, then you voices can rate it, okay? 

'I apologise for interrupting the activity you are having with your voices, but I cannot hear the rhythm.' That's because I have no idea how to make a rhythm. I remember back in the music class of the Maid School, I kept getting kicked out. Sometimes because I destroyed instruments for fun, other times because I couldn't sing, but most of the time, it was because I threw everyone else in class out of rhythm with how chaotic my playing was.

'I see.' So long story short, I hate violins. I will punch the stupid Otherworlder who thought it was a good idea to make instruments from their world part of the curriculum in the Maid School. Curse you, unknown musical Otherworlder!

'Umm… we're here.' Where?

'My friend's room.' Why am I here?

'Did… did you forget why I'm bringing you here?' I think it's less I forgot, and more I wasn't listening. By the way, who are you, can you explain why I'm here, and can we shake hands?

'Did I not introduce myself? How rude of me. My name is Samantha, and as you can see, I am a zombie. You are here because your maid colleague told me to get you to look at my friend's eyes, and yes, you may shake my hand. Do be careful. My body is… evidently frail.' Zombie handshake, zombie handshake. I'm satisfied. Time to go back.

'Huh? But what about looking at my friend's eyes?' Is she a Sacred Power holder?

'Probably. It'd explain why she can raise the dead.' Then let's go inside! Lead the way, zombie girl!

'My name is Samantha.' Let's go inside, Samantha!

'Okay, but lower your volume, please. Toten doesn't like loud noises.' I'll try my best, zombie girl!

'Good.' 

The zombie girl knocked softly on the cave wall, and after a moment of silence, the wall split open, revealing a room reminiscent of a young lady's room, with a little girl playing with a doll in the middle and her back turned towards us. 

'I will be unlinking from you now. I'll have Toten relay anything for me. Goodbye, peculiar maid, and also to the voices in your head.' Bye bye! Man, what a nice zombie.

The zombie girl walked inside, and so I shall follow! While trailing behind her, the little girl turned around to face us, giving a small smile to the zombie and then an inquisitive look at me. Ooh… I got to use inquisitive. I told you I'd be able to use inquisitive in a sentence, Merry! A shame she isn't here for me to brag about it. 

"I sensed an Otherworlder, a Half-elf with Otherworlder energy somehow, and a Beastman with hints of both the Divine and the Tainted, yet you are none of those. Before I let you look into my eyes, tell me, who are you?"

"I am Madeleine, and I love my girlfriend."

"Your heritage, reveal it to me."

"I remember meeting my grandma when I was a child. The large horns on her head left a big impression on me. She said she stole them from Baphomet himself, so I guess I have demon blood in me."

"Your useless attempts at derailing the conversation will not deter me! Come on, reveal the two who conceived you!"

"My mom and my mother… or was it father? Daddy?"

"I am starting to get infuriated. Either lose your secret or lose your life."

"O ho… are you challenging me?"

"I am Toten, the Necromancer! A threat comparable to the likes of the Summoner, the Golemancer and the Maid!"

"Ooh, I know the Summoner! I wonder where she is now."


Meanwhile, on top of the Frozen Lake in Trogen

"I appreciate the opportunity to observe the Hero tradition of Trogen, Princess Sofia, but I must ask, shouldn't the Hero selection be done by another country as the last Hero, Wulfric Break, was a Trogen native?"

"According to my father, due to the current affairs going on in nearly every country, it was judged that Trogen may choose the Hero again, as we are in relative peace."

"I somewhat understand, but surely there was a different country?"

"It was either Druena or us."

"I undoubtedly understand now. One more question."

"Hmm?"

"Was it really necessary to have Mimi participate?"

"Are you doubting dear Millie? I, Princess Sofia Proch, believe in her."

"I see…"


Back in the Zombie Cave, Zombie Cave, Zombie Cave, Zombie Cave

"You are acquainted with the summoning-obsessed nomad? Preposterous!"

"I can prove it!"

"Prove it, then!"

"Just give me a second." I pulled out a phone Mammy gave me, just in case I wanted to contact her, Ava, or their adopted daughter. I mainly use it to talk to Ava, though. I called Mammy's number, asking her to come to me to explain how I knew the Summoner. Since I can't be bothered to say what Mammy and the little girl talked about, I'll do a summary. Mammy appeared, said something, the little girl yelled, they did some magic, then the lamp exploded. I think that's what happens.

"It seems you are acquainted, and judging by the Lord of Greed's treatment of you… you are much more than meets the eyes, huh?"

"Speaking of eyes, can I look in yours now?"

"You may. Interrogating you and talking with that Demon Lord has tired me out, and I wish for you to leave. The sooner you loo-" I immediately dashed to her, making the important eye contact. Her eyes kind of remind me of a dead fish but with the cool colour of dragon eyes.

115

You can create zombies.

Side Note: Everybody dies and everybody lies.

I don't get why it's a number, but I don't care. Time to get out of this zombie cave, zombie cave, zombie cave, zombie cave… yes, I'm still trying to sing it.


Character profile: Toten

Sacred power: 115

Age: 18

Description: The lonely exile isolated within her cave. Toten was born in Davidstown. There she lived with her single father, as her mother died after giving birth to her. Her father cared for her, but her Sacred Power was revealed due to a tradition in Davidstown where all children that reach 5 years old get appraised by David the Insane. The town ended up chasing her out, and her father defending her before being killed for his actions. David would go on to capture her, but due to his apathetic attitude, he'd eventually send her away to Lichen. Due to her experiences, she chose to live within a cave, away from other people. Samantha would come to her cave and start living with her after some bonding, until one day, Toten came to the cave, on her last breath, with the slavers who caused this standing over her. In a rage, Toten raised Samantha, then someone else, then someone else, then soon enough, the entirety of Lichen was covered with the undead, creating the Zombielands.

Chapter namesake: 115 by Kevin Sherwood for Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies

Sometimes I think about how much faster Side Note would be if I did multiple Sacred Powers per chapter, but other times I think about how it'd be funny if I genuinely write a 1,000 chapter story... how the hell is that funny?!

9