Chapter 117: Captivated
130 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am going to slap you silly, Madeleine."

"Hehe… silly."

"I just want this bullshit to be done and over with. So for the last fucking time. PUT. THAT. FUCKING. VOID. MONSTER. DOWN!!!!"

"But just look at it! It's adorable!" Right now, I'm holding this ball of black energy. Myka says it's a void monster, I think it is adorable. I've named it Appol, and it is the cutest void monster in all the lands… I mean void.

"I'm going to kill it."

"Kill it and I'll make sure not even the void is safe."

"I'm a reality warper."

"And I don't care. We're keeping Appol."

"Your threats mean nothing to me."

"Tell me why I shouldn't take it, then!"

"It doesn't exist."

"What?! But it's in my hands right… here… huh…?" I was staring right at my hands… which weren't holding a round black blob of darkness that looked like an eye. Appol… "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Is the whole gag going to be 'Madeleine is sad and Myka mercs some folks'?"

"Is this what fear feels like?"

"No, that's just sadness."

"I don't like it."

"You're not supposed to like it."

I felt some tears fall down my cheeks. Appol… I'll miss you, and I'll always keep you in my heart.

"Are you done?"

I stood up, looking at Myka and giving her a grin. "Yeah. So, who's the next target? Another sealed demon? The mother of the void monsters? A person named Jack?"

"No, no, and no. Why Jack specifically?"

"I've met a male Jack and a female Jack. I figured if there were any place I'd meet some sort of extradimensional Jack, it would be in the void."

"That… makes an odd amount of sense, especially coming from you. Man, maybe all that hanging around me, Lina and Mel is helping you out. I wonder if you'll be able to predict stuff based on tropes… if said tropes are even allowed to go on as normal in Mendass."

"Capybara."

"And we're back to normal Madeleine. Great."

"The target… enemy spotted!"

"What? Where?!" Myka quickly looked around, snapping to different directions, before realising I couldn't see anyone, infuriating her. Out of annoyance, she put her face into her palm. "Calm down, Myka… don't do anything drastic. Just help her here, then disappear into the background. That's all we have to do."

"Keep calm and carry on."

"Mel has a point. Where do you keep getting all this shit?"

"From the local Wendy's."

"There is definitely some fuckery going on here with you… either that or it's connected to your mom."

"Maid mom or Creator mom?"

"The Creator."

"Sandwiches!"

"I'll take that as the cue to carry on with the actual plot." And so Myka snapped her fingers, teleporting her and me to another part of the void. I could tell it was a different part, since there was a huge difference. The previous part we were in was completely empty, with nothing but white stretching on as far as one could see. The same could be said about here, too, but off in the distance, I could see the silhouette of a person. If I'm right, it looks like a female.

"Lily Galligan." I turned to Myka, who held a look of vitriol and disgust. "I dislike the character but feel pity for the person."

"That… makes no sense."

"I'd explain it to you, but it'd go over your head. That and I'm sure the author wants something for the character profiles… speaking of those, we're going to have to visit the Observer next. Fortunately, you have just the skillset to actually meet him."

"The Observer?"

"Some chump who is only important to the mythos of Mendass. Like I said, we'll get to him next. Right now, we're approaching Lily."

"Should I gift her a shadow clone?"

"Please don't. She doesn't need another harem member."

"She has a harem too?!"

"You don't have a harem! At least… not yet. Maybe I'll stick around so Mel doesn't have to deal with harem shenanigans. God, do I pity her."

"Huh? I don't have a harem? Makes sense."

"Anyways, let's get you to look into Lily's eyes, completely disregard her, go bug the Observer, then we can go back to the normal schedule of waking up and doing random shit, capiche?"

"Aye aye, compadre!"

"Suddenly, Spanish." Myka facepalms. "I want this to be over. God damnit, why couldn't I be written in a normal yuri story?! I could've had a fluffy love life instead of this bullshit!!!"

I skipped over to the girl who was randomly in the void, completely ignoring Myka's anguish. I assume Lina put some weird ideas into Myka's head since Lina is pretty weird. Not as weird as me, but weird nonetheless. 

"Hello there, Lily Galligan!" The girl turned around, showing a little surprise before turning it into a smile, and giving me a little wave.

"Greetings! You wouldn't happen to know where I have ended up?"

"The void!"

"The void?"

"Yes, the void!"

"You wouldn't happen to know how I got here or how to get out? The last thing I remember was… I believe I was battling the Demon Lord of War alongside my… umm… partners, when the Demon Lord suddenly opened a hole with her sword, which I fell through."

"That sounds wild. Did you know my old teacher is a Demon Lord? Specifically the Demon Lord of Poison."

"That's… umm… nice?"

"It's cool."

"I can send you back." I turned to my side to see Myka, who had finally snapped out of it. Lily processed what she said, then dashed to in front of Myka, grabbing her hands.

"Really?"

"Yeah, just do one thing for me."

"Anything!"

"Look into Madeleine's eyes."

"Gladly!" Lily hopped in front of me, grabbing my cheeks and forcing me to look into her eyes. 

Captivate

You can capture people's attention.

Side Note: All eyes on me.

Ooh, blue screen… wait, it's just like every other blue screen. Also… now that I remember, she's grabbing my face. Can't be having that!

"Wait, I'm married!"

"You are?! Sorry for being so forceful!" She immediately returned her hands to her side, then bowed apologetically.

"She's not actually married. She's taken, yes, but not at that stage."

"Oh…" Lily eyed me from head to toe. "Hey maid, you wouldn't happen to be polya-" And suddenly she disappeared.

"Whoops, my hand slipped."

"I can believe that."

"Now, all we need to do is go to the Observer."


Character profile: Lily Galligan

Sacred power: Captivate

Number of harem members: 7 (Including the secret heroine, the Demon Lord of War)

Description: The main heroine turned real person of a fake dating sim. 'Madness At Yuri Academy' is the parody dating sim of a popular web novel, where the main character is reincarnated in a dating sim and chooses to take the place of the main character, inadvertently turning it into a yuri harem. It is well-known for its absurdist comedy, often going to logical extremes due to a combination of the main cast's personalities and Lily's enablist nature. The series' final arc isn't as revered as it strayed away from its comedic root, deciding to go the war route. The punchline would be that it was all a dream of one of the harem members, which further infuriated the fans of the series. By the way, the name of the author of 'Madness At Yuri Academy' is Mara Rose.

Chapter namesake: Captivated by IV of Spades

8