Chapter 130: Blood Drain
118 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Do you want to know the most annoying thing about time loops? You learn too much. I've spent too much time in this castle, I basically know the ins and outs of both it and the people who formerly lived here. I know the king had a secret stash of illegal drugs hidden in the tunnel under his bed. I know the queen was having an affair with at least two different butlers and a maid. I know that the second princess is incredibly incestuous… if I had a nickel for every incestuous princess I know, I'd have an alarming amount of nickels. Knowledge is a curse sometimes, except when you're in the blackmailing business.

So what am I doing right now? I'm still collecting information, mostly about the major parties that are now in Trogen. A coup just happened, but it feels like even more chaos is about to happen, so I'm just preparing myself. Information is a powerful tool, especially in a time loop. You can pretend to be one of those characters who act all mysterious and seem to know everything. I've tried to get Rio to do that, but for a villainess, she's surprisingly muscleheaded. Then again, the only thing she thinks about is her inflated ego. Speaking of Rio, she's battling a random bunny beastkin to the death, and she keeps losing. How do I know she keeps losing even though I'm nowhere near her fight? Just give it a minute or two… there it is. The people around me, the clouds in the sky, and even the snow falling. It's all going backwards. The only things that shouldn't be affected are Rio's corpse, the new Rio that'll pop up, and me. I honestly don't know how this whole time loop thing works, the rules, or why I'm an exception, but it's how things are. I haven't been keeping count for the entire thing, but she has at least looped fifteen times since we bumped into the bunny beastkin. He's good at killing, although I have an inkling of how he's so good. If I'm right, it won't work on me, but Rio is being stubborn. In the meantime, I can collect information, which is smarter than fighting. I will have to intervene at some point, though. Even with time loop cheats, there are some people Rio can't beat. I don't want her to become a bit too obsessed with the beastkin… I can't believe I'm getting jealous over a dude murdering Rio.

Anyways, back to information. As far as I can tell, Trogen is probably going to go to shit really soon. There are just too many major players here right now. You've got Sofia Proch and Millie Migans, who were supposed to be married a few days ago, but instead committed a coup and are now monarchs of Trogen. They have the Summoner on their side, which probably explains why no one has tried to take the throne from them. Either that or the weird bunny beastkin maid they have by their side now.

The elven Bogen tribe have seemed to ally with them as well, although apparently, that's because of the new chief's connection to the new hero. I hear she objected to their marriage, which is… interesting. Among all the elven tribes, the Bogen are famed for their archery and architecture skills. A rare case where a civil war strengthened instead of weakened.

Bellum's army has crossed the border, with the famous Loss Less General Bartholomew Clanse leading the charge. Why are they approaching Trogen? To annex it, obviously. If there's one thing Bellum is really good at, it's getting territory through war. Considering the coup, Trogen is pretty weak right now.

The Wall of Weapons has popped up in Trogen, meaning famous mercenaries like Lorn Marko will surely appear. You've got rumours that at least three different Bandit Kings are meeting up with the Bandit King of Trogen. There's also apparently been sightings of a duo of an old man who seems to always have alcohol in his hand and a young woman who seems to be able to make the impossible happen, and… well, looking through Madeleine's memories, I know full well who those two are.

Rumours aren't the only way I can gather information. There's a reason I handle information while Rio is the muscle, even though she's the one that can speak. The Shadow Clones… very, very helpful. I'm honestly shocked Madeleine doesn't use them, but… well, her loss. 

#53 seems to be dragging her conductor and the Goddess of Life towards Trogen, #40 has confirmed that both the Loss Less General and the Prodigy are with Bellum's army, #22 seems to have returned back to Mendass and her gaggle of children are running wild in Trogen, and most annoying is… well, #1 says she's in Trogen. I don't trust the witch she is assigned to, regardless of what the other shadow clones and Madeleine think.

Huh, time is looping again. That's the longest Rio has survived against the beastkin… still too short. I guess I'll intervene.


Too easy, but then again, it'd be too much trouble for anyone else. Actually, none of the shadow clones would have trouble. I can just look into his eyes, and you'll see why Rio struggled and I didn't.

Blood Magic

You can manipulate blood.

Side Note: Nothing to do with vampires.

Shadows don't bleed… I think. I don't think it'd be odd knowing the kind of things that exist in Mendass. Since I took the mercenary out, Rio and I can continue with the looting of the Royal Palace. The sooner we finish this, the sooner we can leave. I really don't want to be here when shit goes down because as soon as it does, Rio will enter herself into the fray. It's bad enough Madeleine is coming over… Rio is really selfish with her property.


Character profile: Blud Jaspers

Sacred power: Blood Magic

Favourite Blood Type: AB+

Description: The blood draining mercenary. Blud is the oldest brother of 16 siblings, but due to his very worrying Sacred Power, he disappeared as soon as he was of age. He ended up in an adventurer party alongside a paladin named Fercus, a ranger named Rita, and an assassin named Ignis. The party split up due to conflicting views, and so Blud travelled to Trogen after learning there was a high hiring rate for mercenaries there due to its being between Cramus, The Dome, Golmi, and Bellum, countries known for their military might. He tries to send letters to his younger siblings but has trouble learning the locations of some, such as Eldra, Haato, and Myka. He dreams that one day they will all have a fun family feast.

Chapter namesake: Blood Drain from Melty Blood: Actress Again

So I've got good news and bad news. Terrible news depending on how you take it. Let me start with the good news, since I like ending things with the worse option.

The good news is that I got bored and decided to end the hiatus early. I did say I didn't feel like writing in December, but then I felt like writing, so yeah. I also made a duo of documents that act as Side Note's glossary, which you can find links to in either the Glossary page or on the first chapter. There will also be a link to this Spreadsheet which are just incredibly scuffed. A list of shadow clones, Sacred Powers, chapter references, and an incredibly scuffed map. I made the documents out of boredom, meanwhile the Spreadsheet are a copy of my actual Spreadsheet, just with future content removed. I spent quite the amount of effort on them, so it'd be appreciated if you checked them out. I even left the ability to leave comments, so feel free to point out any mistakes or leave your thoughts. I'll leave the stuff that's already been added on the scribblehub glossary, but I will not be adding anything.

The bad news is that I'm going to end Side Note at chapter 200. I'm going to be honest, I did say I'd write 1,000 chapters on a complete whim, with no thought put towards it, and honestly, thinking about it rationally, there is no way I'm going to be able to do that. Quite frankly put, I do not think I can write 1,000 different chapters. That's just too many hijinks, characters, interactions, and much, much more to think about. I do not think I could continue Side Note for 1,000 chapters. Well, that and something else. You see, Side Note has kind of ignited a flame in my heart that just really, really wants to write, and I have a shit ton of potential series just lying in my Drive, waiting to be written, and I could write them alongside Side Note... but, well, I don't think I'm capable of writing multiple series at the same time, especially with a series like Side Note, which is constantly changing and is extremely fast.

So, yeah, it was a hard decision, but I've decided to end Side Note at chapter 200... well, technically chapter 210. I intend to write 10 Epilogue chapters, each dedicated to a specific characters. I know Madeleine and Myka will get ones, but I'm still figuring out who the other 8 will be. Well, there's still 70 chapters left, so I've got plenty of time to figure that out.

tldr: Hiatus gone early, cool new glossary documents, Side Note ends at chapter 200 + 10 epilogue chapters, and I ate 6 donuts in one day. I love Boston Cream doughnuts.

7