Corpses sell for a fortune
192 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I look forward to seeing what new inventions you succeed in making." said the old man while  carefully placing the ring I just sold him on his finger. "Perhaps you will figure out a way to become immortal even."

"Perhaps." I reply with a smile. "Though for now that isn't a priority for me so it might take a while. I am not even sure I want to be immortal so I might never succeed in that." I continue while chuckling slightly.

"Hahaha, I suppose immortality is indeed not for everyone." he said while laughing. Suddenly his mood got serious once again as he looked at the ring closely. "Very well, I will take it." he said while nodding his head. "The payment we agreed upon will be sent in a month at most, I still need to make it after all."

"Very well." I say with a smile and go to shake his hand. "Once I receive it I will send the other ring to you."

Once he was gone, I finally breathed in relief. Meeting Zelretch was much more stressful than I expected, especially because his personality was so freaking weird!

"Here is some apple juice young master." said Giorno while handing me a glass.

"Thanks." I reply with a smile while taking it. Honestly it is beyond awesome having someone that sees you are stressed and doesn't even need to be told to get you something for it.

Standing up, I placed the empty glass on the table and stretched before going out to the balcony. Right now I am in my new office, dad decided it was important for me to have one since I would be meeting important people from now on, people who I couldn't just greet in my lab. Pulling out a cigarette I lighted it up and inhaled deeply.

As the smoke filled my lungs, the door opened and my dad walked in.

"How was the meeting?" he asked with a curious expression.

"Fine." I reply while offering him a cigarette as well. "Stressful I guess but it went well."

"That's good." he replied. "When did you start smoking?" he asked me once he noticed the cigarette in my mouth and the one I was offering him.

"Like two weeks ago I guess." I say while taking the cigarette I offered him back, seeing he wasn't planning on grabbing it. "Why?"

"It is not good for your health. Even normal people are realising it, a magus shouldn't be acting more backwards than them." he said while shaking his head.

"I know it is bad for my health, but I can just heal myself after I finish and it's like if nothing happened." I say while chuckling lightly.

My dad sighed while shaking his head. "Well, I came to tell you that the new batch just arrived." he said before leaving the room.

Once he left, I looked in Giorno's direction. "I have made a decision." I say with a serious expression.

Giorno looked at me and asked. "Anything that requires my assistance young master?"

"Indeed, especially since I want to do it as soon as possible." I say while puffing the smoke out. "We need to first see what we are offered in the Rail Zeppelin though."

"Hmm, I can't say I know what you are thinking about young master." he replied slightly confused.

"Honestly I have been thinking about it for a while now, but I have finally made up my mind. I have been scared that if I went down this route I would loose my humanity, or perhaps my mind would change because of the process, but I truly want to move to the next step... I wish to evolve." I explain while throwing the cigarette from the balcony. As I watched it fall my expression grew more and more serious, and once it was about to hit the ground I snapped my fingers, making the cigarette explode. As the fire illuminated my face, I turned in Giorno's direction. "I lied when speaking to Zelretch." I said simply.

"The truth is that I desire immortality, to be able to spend eternity doing as I please." I continue saying, making his eyes widen for a moment. "I will build what I want and destroy when I wish to do so."

I paused to watch his reaction, and as I expected he simply smiled slightly while bowing a bit. "The world is yours for the taking, young master." he said. "Whatever you require of me I shall do, so there is no need to worry."

"I see..." I turned my head away while smiling, looking once more down the balcony before entering the room again. "Let's go to the lab, it's time to turn corpses into a fortune."

As we made our way back to the lab, I looked back at him once again. "Have you bought the tickets for the meeting with the Rail Zeppelin manager?" I ask.

"Indeed, the luggage is also almost ready, only missing the wine bottle to toast with and the suitcase with the rings for payment." he said. "We are to leave at 9am tomorrow."

"Good." I reply turning my attention to the door of the lab in front of us. "In that case we shouldn't go to bed too late."

The rest of the night, screams could be heard across the lab until they finally stopped after a bright light ended. In the middle of the room, a red stone laid on the floor.

2