Juno’s Self Satisfaction(1)
20 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" So, how exactly are you going to prove me wrong?"

She whispered in my ear, getting closer and closer. The scent of fakeness getting stronger the closer the Kaede girl got. The two of us being the only ones in the clubroom so far.

" Did you really have to whisper it?"

" I dunno, hard heads are hard to get trough."

" Very funny."

I countered her, with a deadpan tone, unsure of if I wanted to even indulge in her pleasantry.

" You wanna hear a funny story, underclassmen?"

" No."

" Come on, don't be like that, let this senior teach you the ways of real love."

I looked at her with a mix of disgust and disappointment, wondering why the hell she was doing a peace sign with her hand.

Her misplaced optimism and happiness reminded me of someone at the same time, still unsure of how I actually felt about them.

" Stop with that pose, it's almost making me vomit."

She held unto the pose frantically, looking me straight in the eyes. Never looking back a single instant.
In the midst of à few days, she had turned from plainly annoying to extremely annoying to overbearingly getting on my nerves. In a way, I actually prefered the country bumpkin to this overgrown clown.

" I have a feeling you're thinking something rude about me..."

She said , stabbing daggers into me trough her eyes, squinting her eyes to emphasize her suspicions.

" Well, let's say I didn't know you were capable of coherent speeches."

" At least, I give speech compared to someone else."

" You know nothing about me."

A devilish smile conjured upon the face of this michevious villainess, pleasuring herself into self satisfaction.

" Just like you know nothing about me."

She placed her hand on her chest, preparing to utter the cheesiest words known to man.

" I apologize, you do know this side of me, just as I know this horrible side of you. Maybe we are linked trough destiny or peraphs a bond ever deeper. Right, friend?"

With each words she was saying, she was dramatically walking into the room.

" What's with all the theatrics?"

" It's just fun."

Trying as best as I could to ignore her endeavors, I looked at my phone, checking the hour.

" I wonder what's taking Maya so long."

I let out unknowingly.

After all, she was fun to hang out with. Not always blaming every single problem unto me like Amy or being insufferable, like the one still tiptoing in the room.

As if to deliver me from my nightmares, the door opened to reveal the purple haired girl that I had seen when I visited here with Maya for the first time.

" Oh, Juno, great to see you're here early."

The girl froze for a considerable amount of time, looking at Kaede from head to toe, readjusting her round glasses.

" Your ...speech...pattern..."

Realising her obvious mistake, she went back to the horrendous accent everyone was already tired of.

" Wazup wit' me way of speaking?"

The one with glasses put all four on the floor, in defeat.  Swallowed by unsurmontable feelings of despair.

" Why....must we suffer..."

I could understand her, after all, her usual speech was like listening to the cries of a child on repeat. Insufferable to the ear and the heart.Like a poison slowly put into you veins.

Putting aside the matter, Juno sat with me at the table, taking the seat in front.Waving to say hi before flipping the pages of a book in front of her.

" Me see you're still a bookworm, Juno."

Maybe she should read herself, to be frank her vocabulary wasn't so complicated that it made her "countryside" self pale in comparison.

" Why yu lookin' at me like tat, junior?"

" Just wondering what exactly we do in here besides discuss useless stuff."

Like it was some sort of siren call, Miss Teruki busted into the room when the words useless and here were mentioned.

" Nothing in life is ever useless, kids."

I was pretty sure this club was useless, tough, like what the hell is a club dedicated to rejection.

Well, after my interaction  with the country girl and the obnoxious teacher, I can smell what is going on here.

" Hum, excuse me..."

Juno tried to speak, her voice shaking so much her lips were trembling.

" What do we do about this room, Miss Teruki..."

As she said, we looked at the roof that was leaking, then at the room itself.

I hadn't notice before but why is there nothing in there?

" Well, that old bastard doesn't really approve too much of my club so we don't have a budget."

She bent her back, laughing like a maniac.

" TOO BAD FOR HIM, I REJECTED THE VERY IDEA OF NEEDING MONEY!" 

" Miss Teruki..." 

For some reason, the girl felt like this display was worthy of admiration. 

" Talking about this matter, Kisaragi and you..."

She pointed out to me, as I was already feeling the malice emanating from her wicked smile.

" You go and sort this out with the old man, I don't care how. I mean, if anything, like the true contrarians we are, even if he offers up a solution, we can always reject it."

Knowing my boundaries and being forced into this club, I felt compeled to refuse until I saw the face of the girly besides me. Suffocating on her admiration for this weird character.

At this point, I felt like I couldn't refuse anymore, her eyes begging to go accomplish Teruki goals.

" So, shall we go, Juno?" 

" H-hm? Y-Yeah!."

I could already tell this girl wasn't that much of the talking type, unlike some other people I knew.

" Aniway, Kaede,now that they've left. Care to explain this?" 

" Where'd you find tiz?" 

" It doesn't matter where I found it, point is why are you bringing this in here? Also, can you stop with that fake accent, it's getting on my nerves."

" How do you..."

" I've known you for three years, you know. You never talked like that in your first year here." 

" Wow, your age is showing, remembering things like that..."

" Be careful what you say, kid. I might chop you up."

"C'mon teach, I was only joking. R-remove that hand from my face please!" 

" Is the smoking part of the mask too? What are you so afraid of in the first place?" 

" Stop acting like you don't know."

" Touched a nerve?" 

" You always mix yourself up in problems you don't understand, teach'. I'll keep repeating myself over and over until you understand."

" Are you still mad at her?"

" I'll never forgive Ju...no, Kisaragi for what she did. I only decided to put up with her in this club. I'll also never forgive you for letting her hide in there." 

" Well, I understand that you're angry but everyone makes mistakes. It's part of the growth process of little buds like you."

" You're always like this, it makes me sick. Even her, how can she lives happily knowing what she did."

" Kaede?" 

" Oops, seems like I made you talk for long enough for this one to show up.Hihi."

" Kaede, you're..."

0